“Horrible!”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed October 16, 2013

While the staff are friendly and welcoming, the clientel staying at this hotel leave something to be desired. On more than one occasion I found people vomitting in the restrooms so they could drink more alcohol at this all inclusive spot. Absolutely disgusting. People have no idea how to behave in public. I also found 2 condoms floating at the bottom of the pool! Save your money and go else where, a place where people behave like people and not animals. The food buffets also had lots of flies (indoor buffet).

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Audrey P
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

With great concern, I read your comments and as opposed to what we would like, some situations escaped to our controls, so, I ask my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay, I guarantee you we are working hard to avoid situations like those described by you from recurring.

Thanks again for your comments and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in your next visit.

Best regards

Jose Torres
Accomodations Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have just come back from 2 weeks here. Considering the hotel is only 5 years old the rooms are looking a bit worn. To be fair though, the maintenance crew are repainting the outsides of the apartment blocks. Weather in Sept/Oct considering they are in the rainy season was exceptional. Still very hot. Complex is vast. I'm glad we didn't go in peak season, it would be far too crowded but at the moment it is really peaceful. Always get a sunbed, staff all willing to help and polite.
I wasn't too happy to see one of the gardener dealing weed on the private beach or to have people smoking it in the main bar. Staff just seemed to ignore it.
Food in the main buffet was brilliant. Something for everyone. A la carte restaurants were also good. Great choice of restaurants. They are not all open every day, but there is a schedule in reception to show which ones are open each day.
Wi-fi only in the reception area.
Entertainment groups in the main bar were a bit 2nd rate, but some were quite amusing.
The hotel is a little out of the way. Montego Bay 40mins / Negril 40 mins so if you prefer to be nearer to the main beaches / night life then this complex is probably not the one for you.
I hope this doesn't come across as too negative as we really did have a lovey time. There are adult pools for a bit of peace and quiet - which are good. Cocktails on hand all day :)
Sunshine and friendly people.... what more could you ask for? Yeah Mon! Irie :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracey P
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from the Grand Palladium. We have travelled long haul from England to a lot of nice places, and after we had booked and read some of the reviews, we became a little dubious.

We have been delightfully surprised, what a spectacular resort! I don't know sometimes what people expect! We did have an issue with the shower in our room and my husband does have very high expectations, but it was sorted to our complete satisfaction.

The Resort is excellent, the POP Entertainment are 'second to none' in our books - fantastic! They do a really admirable job - the daily activities are very entertaining. Also the evening entertainment was fab - there was always something going on - theatre dancing or bands in the Infinitey bar.

The food is also very good wherever you eat. (yes we discovered the Sports Bar late in our holiday and wished we had found it earlier), we were so fed up with eating food!

The Customer Relations Team were great, congratulations to Corita who heads them up. They certainly do know how to deliver 'customer service'. Anyone who comes to this Resort and has an issue needs to seriously think about speaking to the Team as they are dedicated to sorting your problem for you.

The Spa is definitely worth a visit. I regularly attend beauty treatments at home and was very impressed with the Spa.

Last and not least is the friendliness of the staff, they work many hours and deserve a 'Hello' and a 'Smile' each day, because that it what you receive from them.

Overall, the only things I would personally say and have done when back at work today when being asked: how was your holiday? It was amazing -the only two negative things which were personal to me - is that it was very hot and humid (my hair being curly was a nightmare) and by the second week I was fed up with food. Not the drink though - loved the rum!!

You really could not wish for anymore on a holiday. Go there you will love it! We will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Caroline h
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Greetings Caroline h!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review based off your recent stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that you have enjoyed your vacation and all that our Resort has to offer. We are grateful for your positive comments about the accommodations, the delicious meals and the competent service received from our staff.

We look forward to your visit in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We vacationed at the Grand Palladium in Rivera Maya,Mexico four consecutive times. Our travel agent recommended for a change the Jamaican resort. There were 4 persons in our group.

Transportation to the resort was good. Upon arrival we were attended to with a welcome drink, registered for our rooms and were taken by the attendants.The room electric was controlled by your room card. Once you left the room the air condition shut down along with the fan. This was acceptable. Problem was upon returning to you room the AC worked hard to reach the temp desired.I set the AC for 68 degrees. Room never reached that temp. I have a feeling the AC units were not maintained with the freon level. We ended up sweating every night while attempting to sleep.The sports bar, lobby and theater were also poorly air conditioned.

We dined at the Steak House where I ordered Fillet Mignon.The piece was generous but tough. No way near the U.S. Fillet Mignon. I guess I should have expected this. The Italian restaurant was great, so great that we went there 2 nights later. Service was excellent Best meal all week.

Regarding the bars, I found a problem with a couple of bar tenders that seemed to have an
attitude of some sort. The same bar tender was at the same bar for most of my time there. He never smiled, at least in my presence. I was sitting at the bar waiting for him to ask me what I wanted, To my amazement he served a person who just walked up to the bar before serving me. This happened a couple times more before I was served. I'm assuming his actions were due to me not tipping him the first couple days after our arrival.

Grand Palladium in Mexico had small propane powered locomotives taking passengers to their destinations. You would wait by a pick-up area. Here they had gas engine golf carts. They did not ride the resort picking up or dropping off people like in Mexico. One instance my wife was on a cart and when the driver reached a location she was told to take another cart as he was staying there a while. He was engrossed in flirting with 2 young ladies on his cart and forgot to stop and my wife's stop. I felt a I was intruding when asking for a ride from the lobby to my room or else where. I never did so much walking at a resort due to not sighting any carts in areas I was in. I was very disappointed in the transportation service at this resort.

One late afternoon I noticed an employee who was a life guard walking a young guest by the hand to her residence. I do not approve of such behavior as this with guests though the possibly naive girl was impressed she was getting his attention. Too much flirtation observed by the male staff here, not seen in Mexico.

Regarding the pool. The round structures that guests think are hot tubs did not have the air jets working, Some underwater lights in the structure were missing with the hole exposed.At one end of the pool the water spout was not functional. Seemed as things broke down there was not priority to get them functional immediately as if there were budget problems at the resort.

Staff in the restaurants were always helpful and pleasant all the time. I must commend the bar tender MARTIN for his excellent service to all patrons. He was exceptionally pleasant at all times, suggested various drinks, always on the move behind the bar, fantastic attitude.This employee should be promoted.

Would I go back to this resort? NO. This resort needs better management and better employee supervision along with instructing male employees how to maintain a respectable and strict attitude with the female guests in order to give the resort a better image.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank George V
Management response:Responded February 7, 2014

Dear j L,

We would also like to apologize if we did not meet your expectations and if your experience at the hotel was not up to your standards.

Regarding the problems, you had during the check in process we can say that we make every effort to deliver rooms as soon as possible and in the best conditions. Sorry if that was not the case.

It is sad for us to know you felt a lack of service especially when our staff is continuously trained to follow high standard services. We regret to hear that in this case you felt a bad attitude from the staff. Just let me add that they are continuously congratulated on their work by many customers as you can read in other reviews.

We look forward to receiving you again soon and that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Ingrid Slater
Assistant Room Division Director

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our second time here , the first time being 2010 .
First thing we noted was the improvement in staff , previously they were a bit offhand , this time was all smiles & "welcome " , "Good morning " with a smile every day .
We had a lovely room , 1525 - if you like the sunset over the sea , this was great ! Kept clean & tidy everyday , minibar filled , no complaints there , apart from a faulty shower which couldn`t be fixed . We were offered a change of room , but declined as we really loved the view from our balcony , as a result of not being fussy & demanding about this , we had several calls from guest relations and a plate of fruit as a thank you . ( goes to show that they ARE willing to sort out any problems )
Most of our time was spent at sunset cove , the lagoon is a joy for anyone who doesn`t like deep water & waves (like me ) . The free watersports are fun , the animation keep things ticking ( a big thank you to our beloved Foxxi & Pudgy here ) & the Poseidon restaraunt is great for lunch . ( excellent service from Neval , Simone & Marvin )
Breakfast/Dinner at the buffet , we`re not "foodies" & found enough choice for every meal . Just a hint here though, go early or late rather than peak times , the whole thing deteriorates after the first hour . One big improvement is that the waiting staff now offer drinks a soon as you sit down , whilst in 2010 we often finished our meal before any drinks arrived - well done on that .
Most evenings up to Miss Lou`s for some really good coffee , nice friendly staff too , then to the Infinity bar where "our Jean " was always ready with a big smile &drinks flowing .
Weather - great mornings , a few showers/ thunder most afternoons & one day it rained for about 2 hours .
To sum it up , a large resort , plenty of choices , do as much or as little as you want , but most importantly .......just GO!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a lovely sunset
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kmeWales

Dear kmeWales,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your wonderful vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer and that your expectations were met. We hope that in the future we will be your Resort of choice for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week towards the end of September. We were slightly concerned by the reviews here and the threat of rain but we needn't have worried. The resort and the weather were fantastic.

The resort is large so those less mobile may need to make use of the free buggies but we always walked everywhere.

As it was classed as low season three of the seven al a carte restaurants took it in turns to open each night so if you wanted a particular restaurant you may have to plan your meals around the opening hours.

We were upgraded to a lovely room on the lady hamilton side of the resort. We had two room keys so were able to leave the air con on the whole week which was a very welcome break from the heat. The room had a Jacuzzi bath, LCD tv, balcony, bath robe, slippers and mini bar. If you catch the guy refilling the mini bar you can pick whatever you want. We took the soft drinks on our days out.

The beaches are beautiful and clean... However the sand is sharp and the sea is corally. Invest a couple of pounds in aqua shoes, they're a must in my opinion. There were handy showers dotted along the beaches and plenty of loungers. Non-motor water sports are totally free. The spa is also free to use but treatments are extra, and sadly not cheap enough for us to use :).

Food was fantastic. Don't forget to use the 'sports bar' for out of hours meals plus hot dogs, pizzas and lush ice creams. The jerk hut on the beach does awesome chicken. We didn't have to wait very long at all for any restaurants.

Staff were mostly very friendly and polite, never really angling for tips in our experience. Although outside the resort you will get absolutely hounded by the locals.

We had such an amazing holiday here and would go back tomorrow if we could. The only small negative I can think of is that a lot of the bars and restaurants didn't seem allowed to use their aircon even when the staff were dripping with sweat and it was very uncomfortably hot on occasion.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sdpoo

Dear sdpoo,

Thank you for sharing your review based off your last vacation experience here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer, from the luxurious accommodations to the delicious meals which were had. We welcome your return in the future as it was our pleasure hosting you on your last stay. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium Family!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wow just had a great time at the a Grand Palladium this week. Top staff and food coupled with a fantastic entertainment team and facilities .... A must go in Jamaica if u want a bit of luxury with a chilled holiday !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!