“Great!!! Please go!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
New York
“Great!!! Please go!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Not sure if those negative reviewers went where I went.. We stayed the first week in June. I mean where should I start. They great you with a cocktail - pineapple juice or rum punch. The wait for rooms took about 30 mins. Food was good, servers/bartender never begged for tip. They always had a smile on, Mimosas, mimosas, mimosas... this is the place to indulge!!! Cleaning lady was very nice. The pool was big. I loved it all from the Jerk Chicken Rice & Peas, Curry Goat, etc.
Maybe we were lucky, our A/C had us freezing!
What I especially enjoyed about this place is that they kept the Jamaican feel. I am of Jamaican decent and to know they did not "Westernize" lol the resort made me feel more at home.

Please go, I am promising you you will enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger. Get the miami vice w/ appleton.. lol Just go, you wont be dissappointed...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vida F
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Vida F,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation.

It's wonderful to see your good comments about our resort & our staff and it will be fantastic to see you in your future stays with us.

I hope you will be able to come back soon to enjoy the Palladium hospitality again.

Assistant Room Division Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,775)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a great family vacation at this resort. We were very happy with the service and food. The accommodation was a one bedroom suite, which was very spacious, great for a family of four with two teenagers. Make sure to lock EVERYTHING in the safe. I had prescription medication stolen from the room. The beach appeared to be OK, however, on our return I was diagnosed with hook worm. It comes from the faeces of dogs and cats and is in the sand. There were lots of stray cats around the edge of the beach. My doctor says the severity of my case shows the condition of the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Britsunlover
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Britsunlover,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at the GP Jamaica. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We are elated that you and your family have had such a fantastic vacation with us. We are always grateful to receive feedback about our staff and facilities as we work assiduously to assure our guests have memorable vacation experiences.

It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity of hosting you.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.

Centerville, Massachusetts

The positives
Beautiful resort. Pools, beaches, rooms, amenities were all good.
Food was good and over the top plentiful.

Several downsides were:
The Jamaican concept of air conditioning. We like it hot, but at the Grand Palladium there is not a cold room in the place when you need to cool down. Even the rooms that had a/c were always muggy and on the warm side. The sports bar was re-named the “Sports Sauna” by our group. Long pants required in the nicer dining were a real motivator to go to the buffet. (Maybe that’s the plan)

Bars were geared to a young crowd, and would shut down at what seemed to be too early of a time for the venue. Pool bars at 5’ish, Infinity around midnight. Late night only offered the “Sports Sauna’ or Disco playing an odd sort of “music”, at dangerous and probably illegal volumes anywhere else in the world. I never thought I would have longed for the disco music of the 80’s, but at least it had breaks between songs. This “music” was a continuous drone. Since this place has the feel of a cruise ship type vacation, I would have liked more options. Late night Reggae or piano bar. Some easier listening place, where you can actually talk.

I would have liked to see more of the Jamaican culture, food, music, etc. The Caribbean was definitely under-represented, with the variety of themed dining and entertainment. We had only a short evening of reggae the whole time.

As far as an earlier reviewer complaining about all the large High School group. "Haters Gonna Hate" I did see and interact with that large group of HS Seniors on holiday and as a group, they were all well behaved, polite, and very open to meeting new people, and I might add they had a very attractive bunch of mothers.

All in all, if you can deal with small issues (No problem, Mon) this is a great place and seems to be a good value. Picky complainers need to stay home.

If management reads this:
Several employees were incredible and truly made us feel welcome.
Shelton Morris at the front desk and Sherrilene Campbell in dining, were both exemplary. There were two guys who worked the Indian restaurant on Tuesday 6/11/13. (Sorry, I forgot their names) Also Gregory the Great was a bartender liked by all.

Unfortunately, a significant number of employees really seemed unmotivated. I never thought anyone was rude like some of the reviews have said, but more of a sadness and lack of any enthusiasm. Very robotic.

Also, colder beer and a choice of beer would be nice. Even if there was an upcharge for premium beers, like you do for bottled wine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marleymon
Dear Marleymon,

We are happy to have had you stay with us on your recent vacation, and as such, we will use this medium to say thank you for having made it the Grand Palladium Resort.

Thank you also for your feedback on our music selection in the disco, the temperature, Jamaican cultural representation and the commendations given for our valued team members. We assure you that each one is being thoroughly reviewed by the management team, and the necessary action will be taken towards improvement where necessary.

Once again, it was our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to seeing you once more.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I spent 12 wonderful, relaxing days at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, Lucea, Jamaica and it was excellent, got to the Resort about 8pm was greeted by friendly receptionist, the concierge took care of my bags and brought them to my room. My room had a view to die for, it was facing the largest swimming pool and next to the sea. I was beautiful and relaxing the staff were excellent my housekeeping lady Paula was fantastic, she did wonders to my room everyday, very friendly and accomodating. Nothing was too much for them to do for you.

I decieded that I wanted to have some rest and some ME time and this is what I experienced at this Resort, I had total relaxtion and so badly want some more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Villa 26 pool facing, the views from here is fantastic Sunrise in the morning and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Debbiesealey
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on this resort in February 2013, and it was by far the best resort I have ever stayed on. It was so beautiful! The room was very large and very clean, the bathroom was gorgeous, large clean tub with jets and a lovely walk in shower. The hotel was very quiet which was nice. The food was amazing, there was something for everyone, a massive selection. Never had to wait in line very long for drinks, and the staff was very friendly. The beach wasn't as nice as the beaches in Cuba or Dominican Republic, the sand was hard and rocky and there were a lot of flies, however we just stayed by the pool so it didn't bother me. I would definitely recommend this resort, we had a lovely time and the night life was fun as well.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Amandawoodman
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.
Killeen
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I just visited the Grand Palladium resort and we really enjoyed ourselves. I must say that if you have stayed somewhere like Sandals it does not compare but it comes very close. The entertainment staff works very hard to ensure that you have a good time. The Celebrate Jamaica show and the bonfire were very entertaining. I must say that if you came there to find some romance this may not be the place. This is mostly due to the fact that the resort is family friendly and its hard to be romantic with crying babies in the background. Upon arrival at the Montego Bay airport you will need to have transportation. We used Cool Joe taxi and it was $50 USD for a group up to 4 people. The taxi was perfect after a long flight, we didn't have to travel to every hotel like you have to do on the bus. Also, in the taxi its a straight shot to the hotel and no waiting for other guests to gather their things and get on the bus. I would recommend taking the Negril shopping and beach trip. Its just $25 bucks per person and you go Negril on the beach then to shop then to Ricks Cafe for an AWESOME sunset. I would recommend bringing a change of clothing for either the beach or Ricks (you may want to jump off of the cliff at Ricks). In all it was a great vacation.

Room Tip: Choose the Jr. Suite it has a Jacuzzi. Also, try to get a villa around the lobby which is villa 11 a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chervon J
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

As close to paradise as one could wish took my wife for a surprise holiday for two weeks staff was very helpfull cleanliness of resort was outstanding food selection in the buffet was always plenty and endless amount to choose from the al a carte restaurants were fantastic if your thinking of a holiday then this must be the place to go that much so were going back next year

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Thomas B
Dear Thomas B,

First of all I want to thank you for sharing your feedback and these very nice comments about the Resort and the staff that you make special effort about their good service.

In Grand Palladium we have a very strong commitment with our Guest to apply all the experience that we have to make of every family that comes to the Hotel to have a great experience.

It is important to mention that all the suggestions are considered since we have a clear idea that is the best way to improve in better service, from our customers experiences.

Thank you again and in case if you need further assistance for future vacations do not hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Assistant Room Division Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!