8,063 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumlady hamilton sidesports barjerk hutmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsseafoodrick's cafered stripebad reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Let me first say, our party of three couples first arrived at the Grand Palladium with a sour taste in our mouths. We were initially booked for the Grand Bahia and were bumped at the last minute by Westjet vacations because of overbooking.

We were pleasantly surprised with this resort. It is massive, however if you are in ok shape, it is not difficult to get from one end to the other. If you happen to be elderly, have health problems, or are carting young children, there are carts that will pick you up and transport you where you want to go.

We enjoyed the food, service was fine, and the rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. The beach on the Jamaica side, was not great, however Sunset Cove on the Palladium side was wonderful. Drinks were plentiful, weather was great, and the Jamaican people, including resort employees were so happy and relaxed. It is beyond me, how anyone could ever be rude to staff, as they allways had a smile on their face.

When reading the reviews, I laugh at how picky people can be about such trivial matters. Who cares if there is some paint chipping, if there is a vehicle parked in front of your buildiing, or if you have to wait a bit longer for your food to be delivered? Go with reasonable expectations of a resort this size. You are on vacation-for goodness sake, RELAX!

Room Tip: Villas 11-13 are closest to the pool and main lobby arera. Less walking if that is a concern.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cruiser402
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and wish it could have been much longer. The food was excellent with many different varieties to suit everyone's needs. The staff goes above and beyond! I walked into the tea room at 1 am and was craving a bowl of fresh blackberries (they obviously didn't have any). The staff member asked what I was looking for and when I told her she said " we don't have any but let me see what I can do". I got my tea and sat outside on the deck (thinking she was just being polite and not really going to look into it). To my surprise and delight about 5 minutes later a chef (I could tell by the uniform) walked up to me and placed a heaping bowl of fresh blackberries in front of me! Amazing commitment to their guests!

The hotel itself is stunning with marble flooring throughout. The pool is vast and pristine.

If we ever go back to Jamaica we will stay here again. I truly feel we would be disappointed anywhere else. Once you have the best don't settle with the rest.

• Stayed: April 2012
9  Thank Kchildcare
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a wonderful vacation week to celebrate her 17th birthday. We had a wonderful time. However unfotunately I left behind some costume jewlery and sterling silver rings. I called back within 48 hours to inquire if they had been found and was treated with less than exemplary customer service. I was asked why it took me 2 days to make my inquiry and they were not responsible since I didn't place them in the hotel safe. I was transferred 3 times to be told that someone will reply to me by email if they were found during housekeeping cataloging.

I find it disturbing that a 5 star resort would be so unaccomodating after the fact. When booking our travel everyone was more than accomodating to arrange our stay; although it was my forgetfulness that the items were left behind; we still guests of this "luxury" establishment and our expectation would be more professional follow through.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SmartTraveler J
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First, this is not a five star resort as their website suggests. We booked from Feb 19-26 and payed a lot of money to stay there so our expectations were high. This was our second time to Jamaica we booked Iberostar suites in 2012.

The Room

We had a one bedroom suite in villa 23 it was spacious and fairly nice although it shows signs of wear. The floor tiles where chipping and cracking, the fridge never got cold, the curtains had tears in them, trim in the bathroom was failing off and the tub was stained. We used the jet powered tub on the first day and i left the plug on the top part of the tub. It was there the entire week which means the tub was not cleaned the whole time we were there. No wonder it looks stained I wonder if it ever gets cleaned at all. Also jet powered tubs should be cleaned at least once a month with a cleanser to remove dirt from the pluming i bet it has never been done.

The Beach

The beaches are okay they are small but we never had any trouble getting a chair at any of them. The snorkeling was good and the water was calm which made swimming and water sports good.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were okay it was the al a carte restaurants that were most disappointing. They informed us to go early to the steak house because it was the most popular. We soon realized why, it was popular because all the other restaurants were so bad.
We had lunch at the sports bar one day, what a joke. The service was so bad I offered to cook and wait tables not to mention the pictures on the wall were so dated I felt I was back in the 90's. The seafood restaurant was the restaurant we looked forward to the most. Once again we were disappointed, they wanted us to pay for lobster. We refused as we had already payed big bucks for this five star al a carte. We ordered off the free menu it was hardly eatable, fish sticks from a box of captain high liner would have been better. Even the waiter who severed us knew it was bad as he made reference to it.

Over Experience

We were on vacation and after a couple of days I wanted to get off that resort. The staff mostly grounds keepers are always trying to sell you drugs. Staff only areas around the restaurants
did not look clean and the pool chairs were really dirty. We observed a couple who had just got married and they did not look like this was a great experience. After a week at Iberostar suites in 2012 Grand Palladium is not in the same league as they are. We will never return to this resort and if you want a true 5 star holiday book Iberostar suites or grand.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank allj66
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay with us was below par. Please be assured that we are taking immediate steps to look at the issues you have described with your room.

About the a la carte restaurants, we are sorry if you did not enjoy them especially when we have a variety of 7 different restaurants within the Resort. Despite we will include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product. I can read in other reviews left by guest traveling on the same dates that some guest differ of your opinion about the matter.

About the fact that our staff is engaged in illegal practices, it is regrettable you did not communicate it to management on property.

We hope that despite these negative issues which you have outlined, you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you our usual flawless service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Jose Torres
Accomodations Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel is clean, very nice rooms although the pillows are flat & hard. They offer pillow upgrades for a service fee and $3 per day per pillow. Not a good practice. We had a hard time sleeping with the "free" pillows.
Specialty restaurants were o.k. but normally a long wait. First come first served unless you are a member of the hotel chain's travel club, then you may make reservations. Beautiful grounds, pools, etc. Outdoor bar/entertainment area above the infinity pool is always rocking with entertainment. We did a lot of walking, we were in bldg. 16, but we needed the exercise so not really a big deal.Front desk staff were a little too "professional" but all things considered, they were able to answer any questions.One young man, I believe his name is Dominic went out of his way to help us, and came through nicely. Thanks Dominic! They offer free wi-fi in the lobby area (bring your device to the lobby) or for a fee in your room. I chose an alterative; pay $6 for one hour to get on a desktop that is much faster, more comfortable, and your minutes are good for 24 hours.All in all, it is a beautiful place that offers great security, golf carts for your convenience if you don't want to walk, and free Red Stripe beer. I could easily roccommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Check out the map and ask for a specific building. We had a great oceanview, but never spent time in our room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends