8,041 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumlady hamilton sidesports barjerk hutmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsseafoodrick's cafered stripebad reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Grand Palladium Resort and while it was a great vacation, thanks to it being spent with 8 friends, the hotel was not what I expected. Be prepared to walk. There are no elevators on site. Anywhere. Your villa is not connected to the main hotel, the pool or the beaches, so you will have to walk back and forth to get to any one of those. If you forget something in room, you will NOT want to walk all the way back to get it. However, the service is my main complaint. First, when we checked in, we were given the wrong room. I booked a king for my husband and I and was given 2 twins. The hotel would not switch as they stated they had no more king beds. However, several singles in my group WERE given King beds. Not that it mattered bc the beds, King and twins alike, are awful. You can get better pillows....for a FEE. Otherwise, you are stuck with the cinder blocks the hotel provides. The mini fridge was not stocked upon my arrival. It took 2 days and SEVERAL phone calls to the front desk just to accomplish this. By this point I wasnt the friendliest. Upon their arrival to my door, they CHARGED ME!!! For the 'complimentary' service. The staff at this all inclusive hotel is CONSTANTLY trying to get money from you. I have never spent so much money in my life as I did at this all inclusive. I have been several all inclusives in Mexico, Aruba and the Bahamas so I know how they work. I had to ask 3x and several servers just to get a soda at lunch in the buffet. When I was finally finished my lunch and no one had yet brought it, I attempted to get one myself and was reprimanded. These sorts of things happened the rest of the vacation.
The beaches are just okay. There is not much room for swimming in the ocean between the rocks and all the algae ridden reefs, but it is possible if you're careful. Negril is the better option if you are going solely for beaches.

Overall it wasnt an awful vacation, but for the money it was NOT what was expected, and I am very disappointed. Will return to Jamaica, just not the Grand Palladium.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan D
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Susan D,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues that you mentioned in your report.

Please, allow me to respond in the order you outline your issues:

We have 2 elevators in the central building but not our villas (with 2 floors).

We are sorry for not being able to fulfill your request to be accomodated in a room with king size bed. Unfortunatelly requests are not guaranteed and are based on valailability on arrival date.

It is true that the resort is huge and for that reason we provide our guests a 24 h bellman service with carts all around the property.

We are proud to inform we are one of the few Hotels who have earned the Blue Flag certification which speaks directly to natural, clean and healthy beaches. It is also difficult to understand how you felt dissatisfied with our beaches.

We always try to meet our customers expectations so I am so sorry if this was not the case.

If you decide to change your mind it would be a pleasure to meet you if you visit us.
Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is just way too big. We were in bulding 18 a good 15-20 min walk to the main center area where all the eating, and events took place. We did have a pool about 10 min away but it was only open form 10-4, If you just wanted a drink you could go there to get one but after 4 its the long hike to the main area. The events put on were limited, and most nights we couldnt find anything to do after 8. The beaches were dirty most the time, the water was nice but the coral was mostly dead and alot of garbage on the shores. Pools were ok, plenty of room never a problem getting chairs.
I know there is not much they could do for this but I dont know if it was just the area we were in but from sun down till sun up the crickets were so loud, it felt like we were sleeping out side, seriously sun down to up!
We asked to change rooms but was told they were booked.
The room was nice, with a good view. Doors on both the toilet and shower could be better.
The food was ok, buffett avg
Steak house was very good the 1st time, decent the 2nd time
Asain was avg
Found when I ate in the same place twice, the earlier we went the better the food.

The resort is not close to MoBay, dunns river, and other attractions on that side in fact other then the resort there was not much in this area as far as night life. it was $100 USD to take a cab from the resort to the hip strip.
We tried to plan a trip to Dunns river falls, and the night before we were to go they called and canceled because there was not enough people going, the tpir was supposed to be for Saturday, and we were leaving for home on Sunday, so no time to reschudle. We however could have paid another $50 USD each to take another trip that stoped at other places as well as Dunns River , but I felt like we shouldnt have to pay more so we didnt go.
Overall I would give the resort a 3 star, but the vactaion only a 2 Star because of lack of entertainment, not much to do but eat, sleep, and drink...

Room Tip: Try to stay central to the main area, do not have high hopes, eat early
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear eric t,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience.

The Management and Staff at Palladium Jamaica are committed to satisfy our guests and we sincerely regret if the circunstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel.

We look forward to receiving you again soon and that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was the best ever!!!!
We were there on Nov 2012 for our honeymoon.
We were amazed from the room, it was really huge, the view, the buildings, the food, the pool area the entertainment team

FOR US THE BEST VACATIONS EVER....
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE EVEN WITH CHILDREN WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!!
Old people should avoid it cause of big distances
We really hope we ll go again one day

Room Tip: Prefer rooms near the main reception & the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ioanna V
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Greetings loanna V,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review. We are happy that your honeymoon spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica was a memorable one which was well enjoyed.

Our Resort caters to couples and is family friendly as their is something present for everyone to enjoy.

We welcome you to visit us again in the near future as it would be our pleasure hosting you once more in true Palladium Style!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed during valentines weekend and had lots of fun. The resort is not 5 star but great quality for the money! The bar staff at the coral pool bar were fabulous, shout out to marcelyn, you were wonderful with our drinks! Don't waste your time with the buffet dinners, awful! The best restaraunt there was hands down, Bubbas steak house and the jerk hut. Unfortunately the jerk hut is only opened for lunch but it was fresh and good! The resort is not too far from airport so if you are only going to be in Jamaica for a long weekend it is definitely the way to go! Clean rooms and very friendly cleaning staff! The only major complaint we do have is we booked a excursion through travelwise, a small boat to go snorkeling and then ricks cafe. Well the snorkeling was about 30 minutes and the rest of the time was spent trying to get to ricks but the water was too rough and the boat filled with water making it impossible to get there so we were dropped back off where we started the excursion for 3 hours! This was at some resort we were not staying at just sitting and waiting! We finally got picked up and got back to the palladium We met with the travelwise agent only to get 20 dollars back as a refund!!! We spent well over that and thought that was absolutely ridiculous!!! So don't book anything with them! Overall enjoyed our stay and already planning a trip back. 98% of the staff was super helpful and so friendly! Oh we went to the spa and the rooms were freezing and the oils were cold as well during the massage.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heatherNashville_TN

Greetings!

We appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your review. We are happy that your stay with us was a wonderful one. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly staff. We have a wonderful team of Ladies and Gentlemen who are there to assure our guests are satisfied.

It is great that you enjoyed the delicious meals which you had. The steakhouse and the jerk hut which you have mentioned is also a favourite of majority of our guests who have visited our property.

We would love to have you stay here with us again in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

STAY AWAY.
Our entire family became extremely ill from the water at the resort- with NO warning from staff or concierge. They will tell you that it is "filtered and safe". Not true. My daughter was still extremely ill and unable to even leave the bed at the day of our check-out, and the manager got into a yelling match with me, arguing that we HAD to leave the hotel as they were overbooked. Only once I threatened to call the U.S. embassy did he change his tone with me and say that we could stay free of charge as long as necessary. Unbelievable.

Also- the beaches are DANGEROUS. My daughter stepped on a sea urchin and still has 12 of its needles in her leg that we are trying to get out with hot water. There were 3 other people on the "las brisas" beach and 1 on the "sunset cove" beach that stepped on them as well. It is a recurring problem that the hotel must fix. There were also several stingrays spotted and stepped
on- and they sting. Stay at the pool. Would not dream of bringing small children onto any of the beaches.

Staff was friendly but unmotivated. The restaurants have impossible lines, you will basically be confined to the buffets, which were fine but nothing more.

The showers leak so much that the bathroom is a lake after 10 minute showers, and all rooms have this problem so there will be leaks from above.

Stay away at all costs, this hotel is dangerous and a complete disappointment.

Room Tip: Villas 12,13,14 are best. Stay on 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family