“Jamaica!! Jamaica!!”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Well let me start with the taxi guy who started his car by hot wiring it. But nevertheless he got us to hotel with of course your usual stop to buy a couple of items (not suggested) When getting to the hotel we were greeted with your normal Caribbean style greeting which included some pretty good rum punch. The check in process was nice and smooth and just from the looks of the lobby I knew this was a beautiful hotel. I went with a couple of friends so i got to see a couple of different rooms and they were all nice and clean, only thing is with a resort of this size if you get a room to far away from the dinning area or pool it kind of a pain to wait for golf cart to bring you back and forth. But when get to pool it's all worth it because that sunset is just breath taking whether your tipsy or not. All the food was pretty good but if you like spice go to there Indian restaurant but just make sure you make reservation as soon as you get to your room. If your low on money and cant do to many activities make sure you go ATVing you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Close to main pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank HappyJetting

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience in an all inclusive resort and I have to say that I was positively surprised.
The resort is large but well set up and comfortable.
The staff, in its majority, is really pleasant and helpful.
The choice at the buffet restaurant is wide and changes are made everyday.
I spent the weekend with my 6 yo son, he really enjoyed but I think more activities/equipments could be propose for the children.
I will certainly return.
Thanks to the entire team.

1  Thank RafjaM
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear RafjaM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to read about all the wonderful experiences you had during your stay, your positive comments are greatly appreciated.

I am pleased to know you loved the exquisite meals and the entertainment among the other great aspects of our Resort which you have mentioned. We would love to host you again in the future.

Thank you for your attention.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I will go step by step with this review and will be as honest as possible. We stayed at this resort November 3 - November 10th.

Check In: very smooth and fast. We were greeted with delicious rum punch and then went to check in. We were greeted by Joaquin who sat us down and checked us in. He tried to get us to sit in on a 90 minute sales pitch, but after telling him a couple of times that we would think about it he finally let us go to our room. He was very helpful and was not to pushy about the sales pitch.

Room: Our rooms were in Villa 14. Rooms 1431 and 1432. The view was breathtaking and the rooms were decent. There is quite a bit of wear and tare on the rooms which was unexpected especially since this is a newer resort. The beds are very uncomfortable and so are the chairs and the couch in the living room. The pillows are tolerable, but not the best. there is a pillow menu, but you have to pay per night for a new pillow which we were not going to do. There is no room service which really stinks especially when it is an all inclusive resort. The air conditioning is TERRIBLE. We never got cool in our room even with leaving the key in the slot all day to keep the air on all day. The sheets were always a bit damp because the air did not work properly at all.

Pool: The main pool and Roselle pool were both beautiful. There is an adult pool and we wish some of the adults would have used it when they were doing some very inappropriate things especially around my two young children (6 and 3). We left one of the pools because a couple was being completely inappropriate in front of my children. We feel the staff at the pool should have asked the couple to go to the adult pool or behave in a family friendly manner! My Adidas flip flops were also stolen at the main pool the first day we arrived. We spoke to the pool attendant (who early was entering the men's bathroom while making out with a guest) about the shoes and he said to check with the front desk daily to see if they got turned in a we did, but no luck. I had to buy a pair of plastic flip flops and my feet hurt me for the rest of the trip. The bartender at the main pool also was very inappropriate and made me feel so uncomfortable I didn't even order the rest of the drinks I needed to get for my family.

Beach: The beaches are beautiful. Our favorite was sunset cove. It was great to swim in and just relax. We walked to the lobby and got a cart to take us there and it was a very short ride. We never had a problem getting a cart to or from the beach.

Food: All of the food was excellent. The only complaint we had was one night at the Mexican restaurant the food was a amazing and then the next night they had a different chef and everything was completely different and not very good. Besides that we loved everything.

The 2nd to last night was had an issue which we did report to security. Firstly, when in your room you can hear everyone's doors opening and closing. Everything seems to echo. So now that you know that let me continue. My family and I were sound asleep and I heard the electricity go out and then about 30 seconds later click back on, I fell back asleep and heard a big bang and a door slam shut. I figured it was one of the other guests slamming there door. When I woke up that morning I noticed my chain on our door was busted off and realized the noise I heard was someone breaking into my room. Security was called and we were told someone with a key must have unlocked the door and then slammed it open for the chain to break. They used some kind of machine to see when and who's key was used and we were told we would get an update about what happened once the info was put into the computer, but no one contacted us again about it. We did notice more security walking around our villa after this happened. We were very nervous from that point on and stacked our luggage and some chairs in front of our doors that last evening. Nothing was taken or stolen, but we were so scared that someone was able to get into our room when we were sleeping and especially because I had my children in that room with me.

We did have a nice time, but be very cautious about staying here. Read all the reviews and make a smart decision... This is as honest of a review I can give. This resort could be amazing, the management needs to just control the staff and make sure they are all acting appropriately and doing there jobs.

9  Thank Gggls613
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall the stay whilst 3 nights was decent except the experience was like a cruise on a liner.Huge property so lots of people, all types.

Bad experience with the transport contractor of the hotel (Island Tours) in that its manager at the airport (Jeffrey Thomas) has no sense of customer service and does not understand the concept of "customer is always right". Pick up at hotel 4 hours before flight departure so prepare for that.

Checking in was pleasant but the registration form needs revision. The colour layout of the firm was not user friendly. Was rather difficult to read.

Staff were always helpful. Must be working to get the tips!

Food was average. Lots of it but not outstanding. As mentioned typical of food you get on a cruise like Royal Caribbean. Eating at the Lotus restaurant on evening of 10 Nov, my shoe kept sticking to the ground! Table was close to the kitchen. Not sure if the cleaners did not do a good job the night before.

Hotel room starting to show the need for some maintenance. Soap dish in shower was semi broken. Soap dish by face basin is rather located in a very impractical spot, far away from basin and of course the excess water will drop onto the counter. Remote control for tv not working. Heard lots of guests saying the same thing. Used the actual switches on tv as usage was seldom.

Overall a decent experience.

1  Thank Richard Y
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Richard Y,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We always try to do our best to satisfy our guests and make their vacation enjoyable and the feed back we are receiving from most of our clients proves this. However we assure you that we will take very seriously each of the comments mentioned in order to improve our performance day after day.

Thank you for your attention.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I arrived at the GP a day late due to cancellation of my flight from a storm that came through NJ. We arrived about 11 am on Friday 11/9/12 and tried to register at the front desk. As group leader of 25 people, I was told that they did not know we were coming and were considered no shows because we missed the first day. This is a lie because my travel agent called to make new arrangements. I showed Chris at registration our confirmation numbers which did little to help the matter. He was rude and very unprofessional. I asked to speak with a manager but never got the opportunity to do so. After waiting almost 3 hours I was given a single room and asked for two beds and he yelled at me that I could not have two beds because I had single accommodations. I was shocked that he was allowed to talk to paying customers like this.This resort is not cheap. I explained to him that I had my minor grandaughter with me and even though she was registered to another room she wanted to stay with me at the last minute. He never answered me, just turned and walked away. The resort it self is very impressive. The grounds and pool were very clean. The room I had in bldg. 21 was stinky and moldy when we first arrived. I called the front desk and they sent a maid, Althia Hik who quickly took care of the problem. I would like to thank Althia for keep checking to be sure we were comfortable.
The food was good with many variaties available. We ate at the buffet most of the time. Some of the workers were unresponsive when asked questions. Be ready to tip EVERYBODY.
All in all the trip was ok, however I will never come back nor reccommend it to anyone. In all my travels I have never been so insulted by a service worker,

Room Tip: Do not stay on room 2103, It is stinky and moldy. Crickets chirp alllllllllll night long and was ve...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Travelfox26
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I had an awesome time filled with great memories. The staff was very pleasant, our room was clean, food and drink was great. Something to do everyday we really enjoyed our excursion to Ricks Cafe in Ochio Rios. Get this there was an adult beach. All in all i would love to come back ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Icumalikah

Dear Icumalikah,

Thank you very much for your time to write your review.

It's wonderful to see your good comments about our resort and staff. It will be fantastic to see you in your future stays with us. And in case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to let me know.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 10/28 - 11/2. I finally got to spend quality time with my boyfriend so there was no way we could have a bad time. We've been to nicer resorts so I'd rate this a 3 star and not a 5.

We arrived and received our room right away. Bldg 26 on the Lady Hamilton side. I did call in a few days prior to make sure we were close to the lobby like others wrote and it was. It wasn't an oceanview room like I wanted, we would of had to pay an extra $15 night for one, not so bad. The room was spacious and clean, except for the visitor that I found in my drink that I left on counter at night. The vanity mirror came off the wall the first day and it was bad lighting in the bath for applying makeup ladies. The bed was firm but we had no issues with back pain at all. Free wifi in the lobby so don't pay the $70 for it.

We spent a lot of time at the pool bar. Roy was awesome!! Although his name tag says another name?. The beaches were very nice and secluded at night. We had the beach all to ourselves at night and spent of our nights there in the hammock : )

The breakfast buffet was good, made to order eggs and plenty of variety. Tried to eat at Bubbas yet after an hour wait after ordering our food and rude patrons next to us we left.
We did make it to the Italian place and the food was just okay. The steak subs are great in the sports bar. We did end up purchasing larger cups at the gift shop for the bar and drinks for the week. Small portions they serve.

Expect to arise early!! The excursions go out at 8am!! We missed Dunn's Falls, but made it to Negril twice and a catamaran sail with snorkeling. Would recommend both!! The tour guides were very entertaining.

Overall the place was nice. We did very little walking and enjoyed the place. The staff was nice and courteous and yes!! Take a lot of singles with you for tipping. Tip your maid and fridge nightly, tour guides and baggage handlers : )

Room Tip: Ask for one close to lobby
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pamela L
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments about our beaches, our pool bar and our staff, who are indeed some of the friendliest people that you will come across.

In reference the situation that you had with the vanity mirror in your room I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with this and also with the incident in Bubbas.

We will nonetheless include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to your visit in the near future where we will be happy to host you in true Palladium Style.

Assistant Room Division Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!