“Positively surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Kingston, Jamaica
“Positively surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience in an all inclusive resort and I have to say that I was positively surprised.
The resort is large but well set up and comfortable.
The staff, in its majority, is really pleasant and helpful.
The choice at the buffet restaurant is wide and changes are made everyday.
I spent the weekend with my 6 yo son, he really enjoyed but I think more activities/equipments could be propose for the children.
I will certainly return.
Thanks to the entire team.

1 Thank RafjaM
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear RafjaM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to read about all the wonderful experiences you had during your stay, your positive comments are greatly appreciated.

I am pleased to know you loved the exquisite meals and the entertainment among the other great aspects of our Resort which you have mentioned. We would love to host you again in the future.

Thank you for your attention.

Assistant Room Division Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,755)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Washingtonville, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I will go step by step with this review and will be as honest as possible. We stayed at this resort November 3 - November 10th.

Check In: very smooth and fast. We were greeted with delicious rum punch and then went to check in. We were greeted by Joaquin who sat us down and checked us in. He tried to get us to sit in on a 90 minute sales pitch, but after telling him a couple of times that we would think about it he finally let us go to our room. He was very helpful and was not to pushy about the sales pitch.

Room: Our rooms were in Villa 14. Rooms 1431 and 1432. The view was breathtaking and the rooms were decent. There is quite a bit of wear and tare on the rooms which was unexpected especially since this is a newer resort. The beds are very uncomfortable and so are the chairs and the couch in the living room. The pillows are tolerable, but not the best. there is a pillow menu, but you have to pay per night for a new pillow which we were not going to do. There is no room service which really stinks especially when it is an all inclusive resort. The air conditioning is TERRIBLE. We never got cool in our room even with leaving the key in the slot all day to keep the air on all day. The sheets were always a bit damp because the air did not work properly at all.

Pool: The main pool and Roselle pool were both beautiful. There is an adult pool and we wish some of the adults would have used it when they were doing some very inappropriate things especially around my two young children (6 and 3). We left one of the pools because a couple was being completely inappropriate in front of my children. We feel the staff at the pool should have asked the couple to go to the adult pool or behave in a family friendly manner! My Adidas flip flops were also stolen at the main pool the first day we arrived. We spoke to the pool attendant (who early was entering the men's bathroom while making out with a guest) about the shoes and he said to check with the front desk daily to see if they got turned in a we did, but no luck. I had to buy a pair of plastic flip flops and my feet hurt me for the rest of the trip. The bartender at the main pool also was very inappropriate and made me feel so uncomfortable I didn't even order the rest of the drinks I needed to get for my family.

Beach: The beaches are beautiful. Our favorite was sunset cove. It was great to swim in and just relax. We walked to the lobby and got a cart to take us there and it was a very short ride. We never had a problem getting a cart to or from the beach.

Food: All of the food was excellent. The only complaint we had was one night at the Mexican restaurant the food was a amazing and then the next night they had a different chef and everything was completely different and not very good. Besides that we loved everything.

The 2nd to last night was had an issue which we did report to security. Firstly, when in your room you can hear everyone's doors opening and closing. Everything seems to echo. So now that you know that let me continue. My family and I were sound asleep and I heard the electricity go out and then about 30 seconds later click back on, I fell back asleep and heard a big bang and a door slam shut. I figured it was one of the other guests slamming there door. When I woke up that morning I noticed my chain on our door was busted off and realized the noise I heard was someone breaking into my room. Security was called and we were told someone with a key must have unlocked the door and then slammed it open for the chain to break. They used some kind of machine to see when and who's key was used and we were told we would get an update about what happened once the info was put into the computer, but no one contacted us again about it. We did notice more security walking around our villa after this happened. We were very nervous from that point on and stacked our luggage and some chairs in front of our doors that last evening. Nothing was taken or stolen, but we were so scared that someone was able to get into our room when we were sleeping and especially because I had my children in that room with me.

We did have a nice time, but be very cautious about staying here. Read all the reviews and make a smart decision... This is as honest of a review I can give. This resort could be amazing, the management needs to just control the staff and make sure they are all acting appropriately and doing there jobs.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Gggls613
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall the stay whilst 3 nights was decent except the experience was like a cruise on a liner.Huge property so lots of people, all types.

Bad experience with the transport contractor of the hotel (Island Tours) in that its manager at the airport (Jeffrey Thomas) has no sense of customer service and does not understand the concept of "customer is always right". Pick up at hotel 4 hours before flight departure so prepare for that.

Checking in was pleasant but the registration form needs revision. The colour layout of the firm was not user friendly. Was rather difficult to read.

Staff were always helpful. Must be working to get the tips!

Food was average. Lots of it but not outstanding. As mentioned typical of food you get on a cruise like Royal Caribbean. Eating at the Lotus restaurant on evening of 10 Nov, my shoe kept sticking to the ground! Table was close to the kitchen. Not sure if the cleaners did not do a good job the night before.

Hotel room starting to show the need for some maintenance. Soap dish in shower was semi broken. Soap dish by face basin is rather located in a very impractical spot, far away from basin and of course the excess water will drop onto the counter. Remote control for tv not working. Heard lots of guests saying the same thing. Used the actual switches on tv as usage was seldom.

Overall a decent experience.

1 Thank Richard Y
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Richard Y,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We always try to do our best to satisfy our guests and make their vacation enjoyable and the feed back we are receiving from most of our clients proves this. However we assure you that we will take very seriously each of the comments mentioned in order to improve our performance day after day.

Thank you for your attention.

Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I arrived at the GP a day late due to cancellation of my flight from a storm that came through NJ. We arrived about 11 am on Friday 11/9/12 and tried to register at the front desk. As group leader of 25 people, I was told that they did not know we were coming and were considered no shows because we missed the first day. This is a lie because my travel agent called to make new arrangements. I showed Chris at registration our confirmation numbers which did little to help the matter. He was rude and very unprofessional. I asked to speak with a manager but never got the opportunity to do so. After waiting almost 3 hours I was given a single room and asked for two beds and he yelled at me that I could not have two beds because I had single accommodations. I was shocked that he was allowed to talk to paying customers like this.This resort is not cheap. I explained to him that I had my minor grandaughter with me and even though she was registered to another room she wanted to stay with me at the last minute. He never answered me, just turned and walked away. The resort it self is very impressive. The grounds and pool were very clean. The room I had in bldg. 21 was stinky and moldy when we first arrived. I called the front desk and they sent a maid, Althia Hik who quickly took care of the problem. I would like to thank Althia for keep checking to be sure we were comfortable.
The food was good with many variaties available. We ate at the buffet most of the time. Some of the workers were unresponsive when asked questions. Be ready to tip EVERYBODY.
All in all the trip was ok, however I will never come back nor reccommend it to anyone. In all my travels I have never been so insulted by a service worker,

Room Tip: Do not stay on room 2103, It is stinky and moldy. Crickets chirp alllllllllll night long and was ve...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Travelfox26
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I had an awesome time filled with great memories. The staff was very pleasant, our room was clean, food and drink was great. Something to do everyday we really enjoyed our excursion to Ricks Cafe in Ochio Rios. Get this there was an adult beach. All in all i would love to come back ;-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Icumalikah
Dear Icumalikah,

Thank you very much for your time to write your review.

It's wonderful to see your good comments about our resort and staff. It will be fantastic to see you in your future stays with us. And in case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to let me know.

Kindest regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 10/28 - 11/2. I finally got to spend quality time with my boyfriend so there was no way we could have a bad time. We've been to nicer resorts so I'd rate this a 3 star and not a 5.

We arrived and received our room right away. Bldg 26 on the Lady Hamilton side. I did call in a few days prior to make sure we were close to the lobby like others wrote and it was. It wasn't an oceanview room like I wanted, we would of had to pay an extra $15 night for one, not so bad. The room was spacious and clean, except for the visitor that I found in my drink that I left on counter at night. The vanity mirror came off the wall the first day and it was bad lighting in the bath for applying makeup ladies. The bed was firm but we had no issues with back pain at all. Free wifi in the lobby so don't pay the $70 for it.

We spent a lot of time at the pool bar. Roy was awesome!! Although his name tag says another name?. The beaches were very nice and secluded at night. We had the beach all to ourselves at night and spent of our nights there in the hammock : )

The breakfast buffet was good, made to order eggs and plenty of variety. Tried to eat at Bubbas yet after an hour wait after ordering our food and rude patrons next to us we left.
We did make it to the Italian place and the food was just okay. The steak subs are great in the sports bar. We did end up purchasing larger cups at the gift shop for the bar and drinks for the week. Small portions they serve.

Expect to arise early!! The excursions go out at 8am!! We missed Dunn's Falls, but made it to Negril twice and a catamaran sail with snorkeling. Would recommend both!! The tour guides were very entertaining.

Overall the place was nice. We did very little walking and enjoyed the place. The staff was nice and courteous and yes!! Take a lot of singles with you for tipping. Tip your maid and fridge nightly, tour guides and baggage handlers : )

Room Tip: Ask for one close to lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pamela L
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments about our beaches, our pool bar and our staff, who are indeed some of the friendliest people that you will come across.

In reference the situation that you had with the vanity mirror in your room I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with this and also with the incident in Bubbas.

We will nonetheless include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to your visit in the near future where we will be happy to host you in true Palladium Style.

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

first things first,i want to say that this is the best resort ever.when we arrived our room was ready without waiting or any troubles. we had a rutine that we did every day, we would wake up at around 9 am, get our swimsuits(dress over it) and go get some breakfast.then go to the pool to enjoy the pool and the sun.during our time at the pool there was always something to do if you r not into sitting around end enjoying the sun,(witch i love). at the entertainment stand there was always something on the go like reggae classes,patwa lessons,trivia, drinking games(i won one lol)and alot more.there is a bar there as well just in case you get thirsty. the entertainment staff were my favorite,here is a few of them that made my trip so memorible,spoon,panther,fowla,happy honey,jay,ava.they were all nice but they were my favorites :) around 3 we would go to the sports bar and get some lunch.then if it was still early we would probley go back to the pool to chat with some people until it was time to go back and shower.at around 5 we would go back to our room and get showers,there was 3 of us and all girls so that could take a little while,we would try to be down for super for around 7(wich didnt always happen. the food was good with only one little thing went wrong, there was a hair in my sisters pasta,wich can happen anywhere,even when your home,it happens! alot of different kinds of food,im a picky eater and i didnt have a problen finding something to eat.after food we would stop at the vegas bar for a drink or two and a chat with some very good barteneres(jj was my fav)after that we would go to the theater and get ready to watch the show.also if you have smaller kids there is a pre show at 8 for the younger kids,it was so cute to see the entertainment getting all the kids involved with singing and dancing.the show usually started around 9, first they would get people from the audince to get on stage and do different things,usually funny and if it was me it would be a bit embarrising lol,but im a very shy person.then around 9:30 the show would start.the dancers a AMAZING!! it would be a different theme every night and i wouldnt be able to choose wich one was my fav cause they we all very good.when the show was fininshed the dancers would go outside the theater so you could get pics taken with them,we didnt do that (now i wish i did) we would go stright to the infinity bar to get a good seat and a few drinks and to watch ppl dance and have a few ourselves.the entertainment along with the dancers would be there too, they would encourage you to get up and have a dance but there was no presure if you didnt want to.after that we would go to the disco wich was my favorite part. we got to have lots of drinks and dances. we also got to hang out with a few favorites there as well( panther,spoon,fowla,dancers jj and flips). the only thing with the disco is i wish it had to stay open longer, but people need to sleep for the next day.then hang outside the disco or go to the sports bar for a few drinks and some food.then to the room to sleep to prepear for the next day!

the only thing that was not my favorite was at the at the show the anouncer,not mr.go,i think he was one of the owners,i know he was not just regular staff,he was speaking alot of spanish,he was speaking more spanish then english wich made it hard to understand what was on the go,bbut i guess that is what came natural to him cause he was spanish.other then that i had the time of my life and is definitly going back. we were there in aug 2012 and we r going back in april. this will be my second time and my sisters and a friends 3rd time there and we love jamaica but dont want to go to a different resort at all
a few thinks we did there was we went swimming with the dolphins and while we were there we got to get in the water it a stingray,wich was really cool.the 2 stingrays had the same name as my sister and i.we also went shopping and then do ricks cafe.the only thing with ricks was we were there to long,dont get me wrong i loved it but there is only so many times you can watch someone jump into the water,all we wanted to do was go back to the resort and do our usual things.we also went to margirittaville wich was alot of fun and very beautiful.we got alot of people trying to sell us stuff wich made it a bit unconfortable but they have to make money somehow i guess.when we go back we want to go to duns river falls and thats it, stay on the resort and have lots of fun there.well i can keep going on about how much fun we had but i think you get the idea, we had so much fun and will be back in april for sure,and many more after that . would reccamend it to anyone,and for thoese that r making bad reviews step back and thinnk about it, no one or nothing is perfect, you make the trip how you you want to make it,im sure they would rather be sitting on a beautiful beach then sitting behind a desk,so if you know your not perfect and r ok with maybe everything not being perfect,its the place to go.and if you think your perfect, stay home nowhere will be good enough, if you didnt like this resort i dont know what you expect, it was the best time of my life :)

Room Tip: my room was great,only there to shower and sleep,couldnt ask for any better :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ashlee f
Dear ashlee f,

Thank you for share your opinion with our visitors, that for sure will be very help full for them.
In our case it is very nice to read that after these days in the Resort you can tell that we are a good option to enjoy a vacation and for us in Grand Palladium our guests are the most important, for this reason we hope to continue attending you in a shore future.

It is important to mention that all the suggestion are consider since we have a clear idea that is the best way to improve in better service, from our customers experiences.

Thank you again and in case if you need further assistance for future vacations do not hesitate to let us know.

Assistant Room Division Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,782 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!