“Romantic week for two :-)”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 10/28 - 11/2. I finally got to spend quality time with my boyfriend so there was no way we could have a bad time. We've been to nicer resorts so I'd rate this a 3 star and not a 5.

We arrived and received our room right away. Bldg 26 on the Lady Hamilton side. I did call in a few days prior to make sure we were close to the lobby like others wrote and it was. It wasn't an oceanview room like I wanted, we would of had to pay an extra $15 night for one, not so bad. The room was spacious and clean, except for the visitor that I found in my drink that I left on counter at night. The vanity mirror came off the wall the first day and it was bad lighting in the bath for applying makeup ladies. The bed was firm but we had no issues with back pain at all. Free wifi in the lobby so don't pay the $70 for it.

We spent a lot of time at the pool bar. Roy was awesome!! Although his name tag says another name?. The beaches were very nice and secluded at night. We had the beach all to ourselves at night and spent of our nights there in the hammock : )

The breakfast buffet was good, made to order eggs and plenty of variety. Tried to eat at Bubbas yet after an hour wait after ordering our food and rude patrons next to us we left.
We did make it to the Italian place and the food was just okay. The steak subs are great in the sports bar. We did end up purchasing larger cups at the gift shop for the bar and drinks for the week. Small portions they serve.

Expect to arise early!! The excursions go out at 8am!! We missed Dunn's Falls, but made it to Negril twice and a catamaran sail with snorkeling. Would recommend both!! The tour guides were very entertaining.

Overall the place was nice. We did very little walking and enjoyed the place. The staff was nice and courteous and yes!! Take a lot of singles with you for tipping. Tip your maid and fridge nightly, tour guides and baggage handlers : )

Room Tip: Ask for one close to lobby
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pamela L
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments about our beaches, our pool bar and our staff, who are indeed some of the friendliest people that you will come across.

In reference the situation that you had with the vanity mirror in your room I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with this and also with the incident in Bubbas.

We will nonetheless include your concerns in our briefings in an effort to continuously improve our service and product.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to your visit in the near future where we will be happy to host you in true Palladium Style.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

first things first,i want to say that this is the best resort ever.when we arrived our room was ready without waiting or any troubles. we had a rutine that we did every day, we would wake up at around 9 am, get our swimsuits(dress over it) and go get some breakfast.then go to the pool to enjoy the pool and the sun.during our time at the pool there was always something to do if you r not into sitting around end enjoying the sun,(witch i love). at the entertainment stand there was always something on the go like reggae classes,patwa lessons,trivia, drinking games(i won one lol)and alot more.there is a bar there as well just in case you get thirsty. the entertainment staff were my favorite,here is a few of them that made my trip so memorible,spoon,panther,fowla,happy honey,jay,ava.they were all nice but they were my favorites :) around 3 we would go to the sports bar and get some lunch.then if it was still early we would probley go back to the pool to chat with some people until it was time to go back and shower.at around 5 we would go back to our room and get showers,there was 3 of us and all girls so that could take a little while,we would try to be down for super for around 7(wich didnt always happen. the food was good with only one little thing went wrong, there was a hair in my sisters pasta,wich can happen anywhere,even when your home,it happens! alot of different kinds of food,im a picky eater and i didnt have a problen finding something to eat.after food we would stop at the vegas bar for a drink or two and a chat with some very good barteneres(jj was my fav)after that we would go to the theater and get ready to watch the show.also if you have smaller kids there is a pre show at 8 for the younger kids,it was so cute to see the entertainment getting all the kids involved with singing and dancing.the show usually started around 9, first they would get people from the audince to get on stage and do different things,usually funny and if it was me it would be a bit embarrising lol,but im a very shy person.then around 9:30 the show would start.the dancers a AMAZING!! it would be a different theme every night and i wouldnt be able to choose wich one was my fav cause they we all very good.when the show was fininshed the dancers would go outside the theater so you could get pics taken with them,we didnt do that (now i wish i did) we would go stright to the infinity bar to get a good seat and a few drinks and to watch ppl dance and have a few ourselves.the entertainment along with the dancers would be there too, they would encourage you to get up and have a dance but there was no presure if you didnt want to.after that we would go to the disco wich was my favorite part. we got to have lots of drinks and dances. we also got to hang out with a few favorites there as well( panther,spoon,fowla,dancers jj and flips). the only thing with the disco is i wish it had to stay open longer, but people need to sleep for the next day.then hang outside the disco or go to the sports bar for a few drinks and some food.then to the room to sleep to prepear for the next day!

the only thing that was not my favorite was at the at the show the anouncer,not mr.go,i think he was one of the owners,i know he was not just regular staff,he was speaking alot of spanish,he was speaking more spanish then english wich made it hard to understand what was on the go,bbut i guess that is what came natural to him cause he was spanish.other then that i had the time of my life and is definitly going back. we were there in aug 2012 and we r going back in april. this will be my second time and my sisters and a friends 3rd time there and we love jamaica but dont want to go to a different resort at all
a few thinks we did there was we went swimming with the dolphins and while we were there we got to get in the water it a stingray,wich was really cool.the 2 stingrays had the same name as my sister and i.we also went shopping and then do ricks cafe.the only thing with ricks was we were there to long,dont get me wrong i loved it but there is only so many times you can watch someone jump into the water,all we wanted to do was go back to the resort and do our usual things.we also went to margirittaville wich was alot of fun and very beautiful.we got alot of people trying to sell us stuff wich made it a bit unconfortable but they have to make money somehow i guess.when we go back we want to go to duns river falls and thats it, stay on the resort and have lots of fun there.well i can keep going on about how much fun we had but i think you get the idea, we had so much fun and will be back in april for sure,and many more after that . would reccamend it to anyone,and for thoese that r making bad reviews step back and thinnk about it, no one or nothing is perfect, you make the trip how you you want to make it,im sure they would rather be sitting on a beautiful beach then sitting behind a desk,so if you know your not perfect and r ok with maybe everything not being perfect,its the place to go.and if you think your perfect, stay home nowhere will be good enough, if you didnt like this resort i dont know what you expect, it was the best time of my life :)

Room Tip: my room was great,only there to shower and sleep,couldnt ask for any better :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ashlee f
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear ashlee f,

Thank you for share your opinion with our visitors, that for sure will be very help full for them.
In our case it is very nice to read that after these days in the Resort you can tell that we are a good option to enjoy a vacation and for us in Grand Palladium our guests are the most important, for this reason we hope to continue attending you in a shore future.

It is important to mention that all the suggestion are consider since we have a clear idea that is the best way to improve in better service, from our customers experiences.

Thank you again and in case if you need further assistance for future vacations do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed oct17-28 in villa 17 room 1725 this resort is beautiful check in was fast and i had a wonderful woman and i am sorry i forgot her name. I loved this resort and i will be going back next year same time hopefully same room. The food let me start off by amazing, this was my second time in jamaica i stayed at halfmoon last year. Gp has alot of amazing staff and a few that really shouldn't be there. Buffet usually all the staff were great but i had three that was omg just get rid of. Tabila who was training i hope 2 see u there in 11mths from now.All the worker by the speakers near the pool amazing words can not explain how gp hit gold with them. Ottis i really hope thats his name(while there he had a funeral) works at the bar where the towels room is attached. Everyone at the a-la carte a wonderful. PPL who work near the pool do hang around in little groups just talking or on the phone not very professional being at a 5star workers asking us 2 bring them rum cream or beers. There is one girl i truly hope i don't see, see worked at the towels near the bar she wore a green shirt she was smoking in the booth and trying 2 drink. I only had 1 bad experience and thats with the gift shop, i look younger than my bf 1 night i went in and there were 2 girls working there extremely loud dancing and singing 2 the music my bf was near me and a male worker was with the girls the man turned 2 my bf and asked him 2 look at the girl and tell him if she's looks like trouble. My bf was soooo outraged so i told the guy how dare u speak to him like that we r shopping he's not looking at who's trouble and we stormed out. I just wished some of gp workers were more professional and i wished management walked around 2 surprise the workers cuz u guys will be the ones surprised. I have faith in alot of changes in 11mths and the maintance workers r also gp gold. Sunset cove resto wonderful service. I'll be back this time 16days plz same room. Thx 4 keeping us safe from sandy and keeping us safe at the resort at all times i felt safe even 2am.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This a long due review for Grand Palladium Jamaica. I was here in May 09 for a week. This resort is huge with a sister Grand Hamilton resort on the side. The all inclusive package was ok with daily buffet restaurant serving typical American, Mexican, Jamaican food. The other a la carte was average. The resort overall looks new but if you pay attention to small details, there were some minor error. For instance, there was a crack on the wall near the waterfall, next to the theater, ants were in the room. This resort is located in between Montego Bay and Negril. They have a small beach at the cove of Lady Hamilton that is beautiful, other than that, their other "7 beach sections" are not swimmable.
I would return to Jamaica and stay in Negril because their beach is better than the one at Gand Palladium. Seven miles stretch of white sand and shallow water. We took the Rick's cafe and Negril tour, would highly recommend doing this. In summary:

1- Like: resort, layback/relaxation at the beach, jerk chicken, drinks
2- Dislike: limits varieties of food, small beaches, ants in the room.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd level close to the front lobby
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank hoanghac13
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Myself, my fiance and another couple traveled to Jamaica and stayed at the Grand Palladium the week of 10/27/12 - 11/3/12. SO glad we missed all the Hurricaine Sandy stuff but it didn't seem to have much affect on that part of the country.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and given a welcome drink right off the bat....the rum punch is delish! Although we weren't able to get to our room immediately (it was around 1pm when we arrived and the rooms were still being cleaned), our room was assigned and we had rooms right next to the other couple we traveled with (which was a nice perk!). After a little lunch and checking out some of the excursions, we were taken to our rooms in villa 16. I'm not sure how we got so lucky but we had ocean-front rooms on the second floor. PERFECT!!! Plus it was on the 'Jamaica' side of the resort which in my opinion is better than the Lady Hamilton side - a bit closer to the restaurants, pool, etc.

The pool here is HUGE!!! It's literally the biggest pool I've seen. It was a little dirty but we still spent every day in it - very much enjoyed the swim up bar as well! Before coming here I was a little hesitant because my fiance and I are big beach/ocean swimmers and in reading the reviews, it was a little nervous that we would be disappointed. We did check out Sunset Cove, classified as the nicest beach on the resort, but it was still nothing like what we had in Mexico. Luckily for the pool though - kept us more than happy! This resort is also in a great location - pretty much right in the middle of Negril and Montego Bay, so traveling to either is only a 30 min ride. During our stay, the place seemed barely half-full - not overcrowded in any way and were able to enjoy all the pools, bars and restaurants without many other people there. Awesome!

Restaurants were pretty good. Buffets were typical, nothing awesome, nothing terrible. Tried the Italian, Asian, Jamaican, Steakhouse, Seafood and Mexican restaurants. Seafood (Poisidon) was the best - Salmon was great! And what we though would be our favorite (Bubba's steakhouse) turned out to be the worst. They ran out of filet mignon!! It was the one thing we were looking forward to at all the restaurants. C'est la vie. Also ate at the Sports Bar for lunch a few days and I loved the self-serve nacho station. Philly cheesesteak was awesome there too...along with self-serve ice cream. There is no way you'd go hungry at this resort.

We watched the nightly entertainment and you can tell the staff enjoys what they do and tries to put on a great show each night. The staff put on a special Halloween show that was done really well and was by far my favorite. Staff overall at this resort are VERY helpful and super friendly. We had an issue with an excursion and the staff went out of their way to help get it resolved.

We're very happy we chose this resort - everything was great for the most part. Before coming I read all the reviews and have now come to the conclusion that anyone who has negative things to say about this place are probably pretty hard to please because no place is perfect, but Grand Palladium had a lot of great things to offer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Grizzles66
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Grizzles66,

Thank you very much for your good comments about our resort and for taking the time to explain your experience with us. It’s a pleasure to realize that you had a great time with your fiance and another couple, as our aim is to provide memorable vacations to our guests.

I am pleased to know you loved the accommodations, our big pool, the exquisite meals and the entertainment among the other great aspects of our Resort which you have mentioned.

Thank you again and we look forward for your next visit, and please, do not hesitate to contact us for any request or further comment.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

From the outside looking in the resort was beautiful You can take great photos. But once you paid attention, the construction quality was poor. I thought the resort was about 20 years old and one of the workers said it was 5 year old. We were shocked. The bellmen, grounds keepers, maid service and maintenance people were very friendly. The front desk and restaurant staff were not, except for the trainees at the buffet. You clearly felt that Management , service and motivational training was needed.

We had a tv the was so blurry, I could not see the score of the football game. We called for service and it took serveral days before someone came. Maintenance they really only came because we had a problem with the air conditioning. But each day we would get and call to say "Is your tv working?" I would explain it works but it is very blurry.

We were there for a destination wedding and the staff forgot to give the bride and groom the honeymoon cottage. We had a family of about 40 members there and when we voiced all of the issues each family member had, they said we could all have dinner at the Italian restaurant. When we got there at 5:30pm (no one in the restaurant but us), the restaurant staff indicated that the could only accomodate 15 at a time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Came here with a few of my friends in March 2009 for Spring Break. The resort had only been open for a few months prior to my arriving so everything was brand new. I loved the location because it wasn't near the hectness of Negril and it wasn't near the touristy area like Montego Bay. The resort sits right in between both locations. I did travel to Negril to Rick's Cafe and spend an afternoon there to party and cliff dive and we went there one night as well to party. The resort itself is huge and there is so much to do. The resort has its own little night club, game room and they do activities throughout the day. I recommend the steak house and the mexican themed restaurant. All very good! Make sure to order a WooWoo or a Bob Marley shot at one of the numerous bars.

Room Tip: Make sure to tip your servers and waiters - they will give you extra portions at the a'la carte...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Dan B
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Dan B,

Thank you very much for your good comments about our resort and for taking the time to explain your experience with us. It’s a pleasure to realize that you had a great time with your friends here, as our aim is to provide memorable vacations to our guests.

I hope you will be able to come back soon to enjoy the Palladium hospitality again.

Kindest regards,

Assistant Room Division Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!