Our stay at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton from November 20, 2010 through to November 27, 2010 was rocky from the start. When we first arrived we were informed that our children had been assigned a room in an entirely different building even though we had requested adjoining rooms. After approximately 3 hours we resolved the issue and had one of our forty six guests switch rooms with our children to ensure they were on the same floor as us.
I am an organized, detailed oriented person and I was immensely disappointed at the lack of detail and attention that when into our wedding ceremony and reception. I had specifically inquired in writing about labels for the buffet tables, which there were none. I was told in writing that the flowers, that were the wrong colour, that I paid extra for and the banquet chairs with covers and ties would be transported to our reception, the flowers were not there and we received plastic chairs to sit on. The water levels in the centerpieces were inconsistent and noticeable as there were (2) per table nor were the candles in them lit or attempted to have been lit and our cake was not even remotely similar to what was requested and confirmed that we would receive. Last but not least the fire show that we had selected as our grand finale to watch while we ate our cake was held in a completely different location than where our cake was served. Not only did the guests not get to eat but they had to stand jammed together for the 45 minutes while fighting off the Resort’s guests who pushed their way through the crowd to see the show, unaware that it was a private function that we paid for.
In addition we had purchased the Ruby Package which included Wedding Bliss Décor and a Bottle of Champagne for the Bride and Groom, neither were ever received, nor were we ever asked about our stay from the wedding coordinator or the front desk while checking out.
On top of all of that our biggest frustration that evening and leading up to our wedding was the lack of response. The only correspondence we had with our wedding coordinator the day of our wedding was when she was queuing us down the aisle. I would have thought, as our wedding coordinator, she would have been there to ensure things went smoothly and that everything was to our liking. There were number of small items that simply could have been corrected had she been present, which might have made an impact on our overall experience.
This is by no means is an exhaustive list of the poor customer service we received from the wedding staff. Our wedding at the Grand Palladium Hamilton Lady Hamilton was costly and it is unacceptable to have had so little effort put into it. I hope that this is a one-time experience that no other bride will ever have to endure. I feel compelled to make my complaint known if for no other reason than I do not wish to see anyone else go through an experience such as this. A letter similar to this was sent to the manager of the resort via mail and email and a response nor acknowledgement was ever received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea