My Husband and I spent a fornight at Lady Hamilton from 11th - 25th July. We had an amazing time and the hotel exceeded our expectations.
After a very long wait to get through immigration at Montego Bay airport, to arrive at the hotel and be given a l cooling welcome drink was heaven. We felt like we had arrived at Paradise. We were checked in very smoothly and taken to our room in block 33 which was at the quieter end of the resort, The room was large, very clean and comfortable with a superking bed. The bathroom had a huge shower and and big Jacuzzi bath again very clean and tidy. The mini bar was well stocked and re-stocked every day without any hassle. Our room was always immaculately clean and we never had any problems getting clean towels etc.
The food at the hotel was excellent not just in the a la cartes but the buffets too, there was so much choice , I defy anybody to say they couldnt find something to eat. We tried all the a la cartes with the exception of the Poseidon see food, it was a bit of a walk. All the others were centrally located. In running order our favourites were the , steakhouse, Italian, Mexican, Creole, Asian, Indian.
Our only niggle of the stay was the fact that the house red and white wine was awful, only fit to cook with. The management team are very keen to get guest comments and one night I spoke to one of the management team about the quality of the wine particularly when the Hotel is spanish owned , the wine could and should be better, as I was all inclusive I was not going to pay 30$ for a decent wine. The drinks at the the bars were brilliant and strong so be prepared for them!!!!, .
Service was very good and we did not do very much extra tipping, the odd dollar here and there and a tip for our room maid.
The Hotel had three beaches , our favourite was Coral beach which was peaceful and adults only, las brisas beach was also lovely. The main hotel pool is for the loud and lively guests so avoid if you want peace. The Spa is massive and you could go an use the steam room/sauna and pools.
Outisde the hotel very little to see, Lucea town is just five minutes from the hotel but dont bother, nothing to do and no real shops.
We did two trips whilst at Lady H, Ricks Cafe and Negril shopping , $15 dollars, shopping was rubbish and not cheap , , Negril awful, the saving grace was seeing the Sunset at Ricks but again $4.70 for a red stripe , expensive when you are there for nearly three hours!!!
The other trip was Cool Runnings Cruise and Dunns River falls, I warn you now it is a three hour cramped bus ride from Lady H to Ocho Rios, very tedious and we spent more time travelling than doing the Falls/Cruise. Climbing the falls was amazing but strenous so think carefully before you take the trip.
To sum up , we loved Lady Hamilton and had a fabulous two weeks, if you go enjoy every minute, you wont be disappointed!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea