Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Tryall Club(Sandy Bay)
  • Pool
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
5,584 results
All reviewsgrand palladium lady hamiltonadult poolinfinity barjerk hutsports barmain poola la carte restaurantssteakjerk chickenimperial cluboutdoor showerhoneymoon villasunset cove beachseafoodmontego baywater sportsour favourite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Room was amazing, food was boring and salty and service was not good. I would return because overall it was great value for the money.

2  Thank Ginitera
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I just got back from The Grand Palladium lady hamilton two nights ago, and I honestly can't say one negative thing about the resort. The complaints people make are ridiculous, I don't know what could have been better. I went with my boyfriend, my cousin and her husband, and they enjoyed it just as much as i did.

Arrival and Check in- We went through Air transat and the flight and going through customs was very smooth. It is a 45 minute ride to the resort, but I actually enjoyed the drive, watching the scenery. Checkin again was smooth, our rooms were ready to go, and they had rum punch waiting for you.

Rooms- We were in building 26 and the room was gorgeous. The air conditioning worked no problem, to the point where i was actually cold. Room was spotless, and had no issues. The first day we didn't have towels, but when we asked the maid nicely we got some right away and never had a probelm again. Now I have to add that i overheard a rude lady getting mad at a maid for not having wash cloths, and even asking how they waqs their bodies. Have you ever heard of soap and your hands? Really not a big deal. And also if you want your problem resolved, maybe try being polite, it goes a long way. Another note: get an extra key card at check in, and leave it in the slot by your door all day so your room is nice and cool.

Beaches/Pools- Now this is a very important part for me. I was expecting terrible beaches but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes they are man made, but the water is gorgeous and warm. The sunset cove is very nice but busy. The adult beach is my favorite because its not as rocky and not as busy. They other ones are very pretty but I admit quite rocky. Just pack a pair of water shoes, and it will be all good. The pool is phenomenal. I'm not much of a pool person, but it is breath taking and very large. A little cool, but refreshing.

Grounds/Lobby- Can't say enough how clean and gorgeous the grounds were. The pictures truly don't do it justice. Lobby is huge and stunning.

Bars/Lounges- There are quite a few things to do for night life, which is nice so your never bored. I liked Miss Lous because they made very good drinks, and the sports bar has pool, ping pong, and you can order onion rings , burgers, ect late at night is you get hungry. There is a disco which is okay, a casino which only has slots, and they have live performances every night whcih I think are always worth seeing. Also by the Infinitey bar has a live band every night. While were on the topic of bars, the drinks here are awesome. I reccomend the dirty banana, and strawberry daqaries.

Food- The food is amazing. This is the best resort food I have ever had in my life. I seriously never ate so much.
Buffets: We ate here for breakfeasts and lucnhes and no complaints. Food always tasted good and wide variety. We never had suppers here because we had a la cartes every night, but I'm sure the food would be good.

Jerk Chicken hut- Very tasty. Sometimes is a little slow, but there is onbly one guy there , and believe me its worth the wait. Very tasty.

Now for the a la cartes- We ate at one very night. If you can reserve do so or you'll be waiting a while to get in some. We ate at the following, which I will order from worst to best: Bubba's( which is still good), Jamaican, asian, Indian, Mexican, Italian. I loved all of them. Not one complaint. Also on friday nights try the Beach BBQ. Very good. You definitely wont starve here.

Staff/People- All ofthe people are so friendly. You acn't help but fall in love with their laid back attitudes and good natures. They were very helpful, and work very hard. I can't imagine people complaining about the service.

Excursions- We did three excursions: Cool Runnings, Negri shopping trip/Rick's cafe, Zipline Adventures.

The Cool Runnings Was awesome. It includes Snorkelling, which to me wasn't that great. It was too short, but the Dunn river Falls made up for it. You ge to climb the fall which is a thrilling experience I reccomend you try it. After that includes a booz cruise which is fun but again too short. Over all a good experience.

You can do the Negril shopping trip and Ricks cafe for only 14 dollars. The shopping is very good I had a blast doing that. Ricks cafe Is nice but a little over rated. Very busy there. The restaurant there was very good but very expensive. Be aware the charge tip on the bill plus taxes.

The zipline adventure was amazing. The guides were hilarious and a lot of fun. The have the longest zipline in the carribean over 1600 feet long. I highly reccomend this excursion. The only thing is make sure you pack bug spray. I forgot and am allergic to mosquitos, and had over fifty plus welts all over. But I was the only one out of the whole group that had troubles so dont let the deter you, just pack the spray.

Over all I had an amazing trip. I never had one bad experience, and if you go there to have fun, you will.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
16  Thank PBHUS
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Just returned on Thursday night, don't even know where to begin!....first off, we had some apprehensions going in as the reviews seemed to be quite mixed. After staying for eleven days, and getting married in the process, I have to say that I can't even begin to imagine where all of the negative reviews came from. The property is in excellent condition, and maintenance crews are hard at work every day to keep up. The resort is right on the water, so obviously the ocean and the salt bring some wear and tear, but all in all the place is immaculate and gorgeous. The staff is overly accomodating, always friendly and trying to help. As for the specifics....
1) we brought a group of 40 people with us for the wedding, and most everybody told us it was the best vacation they'd ever been on. No major issues, just one room flooded from the shower drain backing up- tooka little bit to address but ultimately the guests were moved to a new room.
2) Food- very good for the most part. The buffett got a bit old by the end of the week, but after 11 days that's to be expected. The food there was good though- I'd recommend the omelette bar, the pasta bar, and the smoothie bar. It seemed that ordering things made to order obviously raised the quality and temperature of the food. The a la carte restaurants were very good and plenty of variety. Definitely reccomend Xamaica Creole, Lotus Asian, and Poseidon Seafood. Service was generally good, if you're in a large group I recommend breaking up into tables of 4 or 6- when we went as larger tables food took longer than it should. Make a point to hit the grill at Sunset Cove beach, the jerk chicken is perfect.
3) Nightlife- a little something for everyone...sports bar, night club, classy lounge etc. If you're looking to stay up all night and party til the sun comes up, this resort isn't for you, go to Vegas. If you're looking for authentic Reggae and a relaxing night of drinking, this resort is perfect. Infinity Bar over the pool has live music every night and great scenery, and is nice and close to Miss Lous where you can get top shelf liquor. That brings me to my biggest complaint- all the bars have well liquor, only Miss Lou's offers call brands- a resort this nice should have premium everywhere. Starngely though, neither my wife nor myself ever got hungover from the low end liquors.....maybe it was the positive vibes!
4) Rooms- very elegant and spacious. We got a free upgrade to an oceanfront suite, and it was unbelievable. Request buildings 11, 12, or 13 if you can. We were in 15 and it was fine, but a long walk. The walking helped us stay in shape but if you're old or have children, it could take its toll on you.
5)Beaches/Pools- Main pool was incredible, unbelievably large and very clean. Not sure about all the complaints of damaged tile and dangerous flooring but we saw none of it. The bartenders at the swim up bar were a blast!!! The only beach worth going to is Sunset Cove, the others look pretty but very rocky to swim in. The entertainment staff in the pool area is great, very encouraging and always laughing. They also perform at night, and the shows are acyually pretty good for what they are.

Overall, our stay was everything we aksed for and more. All requests were taken care of, the staff was great, our wedding was even better than we hoped, and we can't wait to go back again. Bring some singles with you- the staff works hard either way but an extra buck here and there improves everything- plus they're working hard take care of them! Some staff to seek out to make your stay : BAR- JJ, Amoy, and Kevin. ENTERTAINMENT- Happy Feet, Restaurants- be sure to find O'Brian at the omelete station- he's hilarious and makes a great omelette!

Finally, if you're going for a wedding, have no worries. Phylicia and Nina ARE ON IT! Very friendly and accomodating, and get the job done right.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
16  Thank jfc131
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We arrived to a big beautiful hotel with drop dead views. Nice & friendly greetings upon arrival w/a cold rum punch and lots of smiles. The lobby is simply gorgeous and check in was fine. Our rooms (jr suites) were not quite ready upon arrival (no problem - we arrived before 3 pm which is check in) so we went to the lunch buffet (mediocre @ best) and then returned for our room keys. We were taken to our Jr Suites (3 couples) on the Grand Palladium side of the property. Two couples in our group, including yours truly, had an ocean view suite which we enjoyed very much, while in it. The other couple got a pool view suite and were told if they wanted to be moved and assigned a suite w/an ocean view they'd need to spend an additional $15 fee per day. Huh? We were not charged extra for our ocean view suite. Something was quite weird. Anyway, they left things as was and kept their pool view room. We also had requested 2nd floor rooms & were assigned 3rd floors. Lots of stair climbing throughout the week! Be aware, this property is obscenely big and spreadout. If you have issues walking or climbing stairs, you may want to rethink staying @ GPLH. We used the workout facility which was way on the other end of the property (Lady Hamilton side). It was a workout just getting there! Workout facility was ok. Nothing to brag about. Air conditioning was hardly flowing so the place always smelled musty. For such a large resort w/a large population of guests, more equipment is required, especially cardio machines. Going in we knew GPLH had a couple different beaches (not good ones either) as well as the largest infinity pool in Jamaica. We knew this place was not Negril so we figured we'd end up being pool people for the week and we were. The pool was lovely however, the water was feezing. You had to 'steal yourself' for the frigid plunge to get in the water. The swim up bar was obviously in the pool and it took some courage to make the trek to get cocktails from it. We went to sunset cove beach one day (we packed our bag for the day) and it was far-far from our rooms. We were disappointed at best. The sand is no where near Negril's soft sand and this small cove is crowded!!! The one bright spot there is the jerk chicken (Soloman's) and paella. Both were great. Too bad its such a hike to get there... The specialty restaurants are very disappointing in our opinion. The steak was very tough @ Bubbas, had raw lamb served @ the Creole place, and couldn't get into the italian. We pretty much gave up on the specialty restaurants and we buffetted alot. The evening buffetts are all indoors and are crowded (think horades of people like, everywhere), extremely noisy, and at times you have to seek & find silverware, wait for water glasses, and plates. GPLH needs to stock up on all these things to accommodate their large population of guests. No matter where on or in this property, the staff is friendly and very approachable. Probably this place's only saving grace is their staff. However, their hands are pretty much tied, since they lack the necessary 'tools' to provide top notch service. We're also of the opinion GPLH is under staffed. For a place this size serving such a large population of guests GPLH needs to hire more employees. There's long lines of people waiting to get into the buffets, to get drinks at the bars, etc... All in all, GPLH leaves much to be desired and this place is simply not for us. It just misses the mark all the way around...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank BigDaddyFoxPoint
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I was getting dizzy from reading all the reviews before I left for our family vacation. Reviews I read ranged from " Don't stay here" to " A truly amazing vacation"? and I'm thinking how can one decide the quality of a resort from so many contradictory reviews ?

That being said my experience was on the " truly amazing" side. Every aspect of the hotel met or exceeded mine and my family's expectations. From the ocean front rooms to the 24 hour sports bar and all in between every aspect of the hotel was more than adequate. The food at all the restaurants was good , not exceptional but good enough to satisfy even the most picky eater. Amenities were exceptional , entertainment staff funny and entertaining, and the alcohol in abundance. The beaches uncrowded and as private as you want. The rooms large , nicely furnished and cozy. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

I laugh at people that complain about not getting face towels. My reply to that is "don't put the face towels in your suitcase for the trip home and maybe there would be enough for the next guests" ! Even if you dont have a face towel so what! Is that a vacation breaker!! Certainly not !!

I would agree with some of the " complainers" that the cleaning staff may lack in stocking the rooms with towels, etc. I tipped the maids every other day and still had some minor situations. But finding a maid was always easy and when asked for certain requests like more beer, coffee, etc it was always done expeditiously and with a smile.

So .....just go and have a great time. Make sure you visit the Infinity bar at night as all the bands are great! Pray for sun during the day and when it gets cloudy go visit JJ at the swim up bar. You'll love this resort. I promise you.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family