The saying "You get what you pay for and you pay for what you get" applies to this resort. The price for my family of 4 was under $2500 including air. So with this price I wasn't dissapointed that the services were not quite was I was used to out of a Jamaician resort.
We were a family of 4 traveling with another family of 4 for a 4 night 5 day vaccation. We had been to Sandles Royal Carribian last year on an adult vaccation so going to Grand PAlladium was a COMPLETELY different experience. Sadles really caters to couples and works hard to make sure you have all the amenities to make your vaccation fun and relaxing. G.P. is more of a corporate resort and there is a definite difference between this resort that was large and Spanish owned and a smaller resort like Sandles.
Over all I would say this was a good resort for families. We never did eat in any of the al a cart resturaunts because it was just easier to go to the buffet with kids.However, the food was one of the best qualities of this resort. There was quite a varriety and I never found anything I did not like.
We were dissapointed that none of the bars or resturaunts served alcohol before 10am. SO no mimosus or scewdrivers with breakfast.
The water sports center is at sunset beach, which is at the far end of the resort. I sugest taking the tram to it. We enjoyed the paddle boats and sea canoes and that is also where the jurk hut is. GREAT FOOD!
The spa was good, but there were some pools and showers not working. But the high power spa water jets in the spa pool really pounded the tension our of the neck and shoulders. It's a must visit while there.
There were many tiles missing in the pools which call for wearing pools shoes everywhere. Bring your own big cup for the bars or your drinks will be small and sometimes slowly serviced. The Infinity bar is beautiful and relaxing. I liked that we could sit there and have adult conversation while watching the children play below us.
Our room was beautiful and I loved the couryards inside each of the rooming building. However I missed the stocked in room bar Although, unless you get a building which is beach front you will hear alot of traffic when sitting on your patio or balcony.
While tipping is not highly encourage, alittle bit goes a long way for better service. We found that staff who we tipped were much more happy to get us whatever we wanted. The pool attendants were good with the kids and Omar at the relax pool was the best. The drinks at the relax pool and the infinity bar were much better than the main pool or beach bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea