My mom and I came here for our vacation on July 10th and left on the 15th. 5 nights was not long enough! I could have stayed for 2 weeks! I have been to other resorts in Mexico but never in Jamaica and I will say this is the best one yet. When we checked in on friday we were given a room on the ground floor and in a villa that was farther away from everything. We asked the staff at the front desk if we could be moved to a room above the ground floor and hopefully with a better view. They were incredibly accomidating!!! We got moved to a much closer building and to a room with a fabulous view of the beautiful carribean sea! Our room was beautiful and Valrose did a great job cleaning and changing the room over. We requested just beer and water in our mini bar and Kevin did just that! The service was great! The food in the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was always delicious! This resort has the best food I have ever had at a all inclusive resort. Great selection of food to choose from (italian, mexican, indian, seafood, lots of fruit and vegetables and great dessert!) We ate at the sit down restraunt where you are actually served your meal, the Indian restraunt was OK but the mexican restraunt was GREAT! The pineapple and mango was to die for! I ate so much mango on this trip I probably are about 3 or 4 a day! The bars were all great as well, plenty of red stripe to go around and delicious fruity cocktails too! The beaches were all beautiful and had plenty of chairs and shade for everyones comfort. There are some parts in the water that are a little rocky and have seaweed, but there are plenty of places to swim to avoid it. The water is incredible, so turquoise and clear. The whole resort is surrounded by it, everywhere you go has a great view of the water. We did two excursions, one to Negril to the 7 mile beach which is like the pictures you see in magazines. The beaches there have white powder sand and crystal clear blue water, they are breath taking! We were taken to Margaritaville which was so much fun, drinks and food and comfy lounge chairs right on the gorgeous beach. They also have these hilarious floats out in the water with trampolines and slides on them!
After Margaritaville, they take you to the shopping areas and Ricks cafe for the beautiful sunset and more drinks if you want. The driver we had, Joe was hilarious and fabulous! The tour guide was great too, very interesting and informative about the island. Next time I might stay in Negril, just because the beaches are so incredible! The second excursion we went on was at the Croydon plantation. It was so fun! You learn about the coffee and fruits like pineapple, which you get to try 9 different types of! All of this is followed by a delicious lunch of fresh vegetables and jerk chicken. Great place to visit!
The one big downfall to this resort are the pools. They are beautiful but for some reason they decided to tile them instead of just put concrete in. I would say in each pool about 25% of the tiles are coming up :( They need to drain and fix the pools. Especially since this resort has only been open a year! I can only imagine what they will look like next time we visit! As for the bugs, we did see some at night when we were walking around the resort, but we NEVER saw any in our rooms except a few tiny ants. It is the roaches climate there though, you have to expect them somewhere. Another thing, you are not required to tip. It is included in your all inclusive package but the service is fabulous and the people are so friendly, we left tips for our maid in the room and the people at the restraunts and bars. The drivers and tour guides you have to tip! They work so hard and do such a fantastic job, we left them very generous tips and were happy to. All in all this place is fantastic and my mom and I would love to come back! We loved Jamaica and we absolutly come back!!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea