Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
LeMer Guesthouse & Villa(Lucea)(Great Value!)
$96
$68
$315
$264
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Rhodes Beach Resort Negril(Green Island)(Great Value!)
$144
$70
Priceline
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$279
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$1,474
5,671 results
All reviewsgrand palladium lady hamiltonadult poolinfinity barjerk hutsports barmain poola la carte restaurantssteakjerk chickenimperial cluboutdoor showerhoneymoon villasunset cove beachseafoodmontego baywater sportsour favourite
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed in one of the Honeymoon Suites (2-story villas) and it was absolutely awesome! The room was gorgeous and the view and sounds of the ocean so close was heaven. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We can't wait to go back again and would definitely recommend this resort to others. Of course some of the tiles were falling off in the pool area but come on, it's not America and that was a minor flaw that didn't take away from the beauty overall. We found the guest check-in and out pretty well organized and had no problems whatsoever. My only dissappointment was the fact that the casino still was not opened during our stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mistysmomTexas
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My boyfriend and I just got back from a 5 night, 6 day trip to the Grand Palladium and it was awesome. We stayed on the Lady Hamilton side. The grounds of this hotel are so beautiful. I could walk the whole hotel and just look at the landscaping. It was great. We arrived at the hotel at around 4:00 and we were upgraded to a honeymoon suite. We had to wait about a half hour for our room to be ready, but it wasn't a big deal since we were greeted with rum punches. Our room was gorgeous. The view was breathtaking. We were about 15 feet from the beach. My only complaint was the honeymoon suites only have an outdoor shower and a jacuzzi in the room which takes a long time to fill up. We did find a few bugs in our room, but my boyfriend took care of that. This is expected, however, in countries like Jamaica.

The food is okay. If the food were better, I would give it 5 stars, rather than 4. The first night there we ate at the Negril buffet which was the worst food we had all vacation. I would not recommend eating there for dinner. The next night we ate at Bubba's Steakhouse which was pretty good. The next night we ate at the Lotus House, a Japanese restaurant. The appetizers were delicious, as was our dinner. I had fried ice cream for dessert and it was really good. We went back to the Japanese restaurant the next night and this time, we ordered something different and our dinners were horrible. I guess it depends on what you order. The sushi is pretty good there. The last night we ate at the Sports Bar. Every afternoon for lunch we ate at the Sports Bar. They have really good finger food so you can't really go wrong with that.

The pool was absolutely amazing. We spent most of our time there, just lounging on the built in chairs in the pool. Because it's so big, it does not feel very crowded when you are there. There are some missing pool tiles and I cannot believe this could ruin someone's vacation.

The spa was also impressive. The hot tubs are so relaxing and they offer a ton of different massages. If you enjoy saunas and steam rooms, there are some there and they are pretty spacious.

Some reviews say that there is no night life. That is completely opposite of what we experienced. Every night at the Infinity Bar, there is live music. We went up there every night and listened to the live music from 10-12am. The bands were really good. They played a lot of Bob Marley. We danced along with a lot of other people. After that bar closed, we went to the night club where a lot of people hung out. This is open until 2am. The DJ was pretty good and if dancing is your thing, this is the place to go. We only went to one show which we thought was hilarious. It was a little inappropriate for kids. Also, the main pool is swim at your own risk all night and the beach is beautiful to walk on at night as well.

There are plenty of places to book excursions at this hotel for a reasonable price. We did the Jeep Safari which was so much fun. We off-roaded a little bit, got to see and hear about some of Jamaica's history, and swam in a beautiful waterfall.

In our experience, the people at this hotel are extremely friendly and so nice. Every staff member we walked by greeted us and asked us how our stay has been. If you are nice and approachable towards them, they will be nice and approachable towards you. We had no problems with customer service. Everybody was really great. Their number one concern seemed to be making the guests at the hotel have a great time. One of the waitresses was so nice, we exchanged e-mail addresses and have already begun keeping in touch.

The beaches were great. They are a little rocky, but it wasn't a big deal. We didn't wear water shoes and it was fine. There is some seaweed, but you can avoid it.

The casino was small, but we stayed there for a couple of hours actually, playing slots and video poker.

The weather was pretty good, however, May is one of their rainiest seasons so it rained every day we were there for at least a couple of hours, but the spa is underneath an awning, so we went there for the jacuzzis when it rained.

We were offered to buy weed at least 15 times, but this is expected in Jamaica. If anybody asks you, "Do you wanna party?", "Are you looking to party?", "How are you feeling?", "You need anything?", "Wanna smoke?", and etcetera, they are asking you if you want to buy pot. Mind you, my boyfriend and I are in our 20's and he smokes cigarettes, so I guess we were prime targets to be asked if we wanted to by marijuana.

Just some tips: BRING BUG SPRAY! I got about 20 mosquito bites on my legs and another 20 on my arms. Also, bring everything you need beforehand, don't expect to buy anything at the gift shop because it is extremely expensive. I spent 25 USD on bug spray and another 25 USD on Cortizone for my bug bites. Bring a ton of singles to tip. It will definitely pay off to tip. See Shanique, a waitress at the Infinity Bar. She is such a sweetheart and always has some good jokes.

Basically, if you arrive in Jamaica with an open-mind and remember that it is a third world country, you will have a great time. There are some kinks that need to be worked out at this hotel, but it is an all inclusive and you can't expect perfection. My boyfriend and I have been to a few other all-inclusive and this was so far the most fun and most romantic one we have been to so far.

1  Thank jennybean11
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I am 26 and my wife is 27. We stayed from 05/04/09-05/11/09. As many did, we switched our trip from Cancun, or Mexico in general, to Jamaica due to the outbreak........and we couldn't have been happier. We went to Cancun last year and loved it but this was a whole new experience. We went with two other couples and we all had a blast. Was it perfect.....no, but by no means did anything ruin our trip. The resort is amazing and completely blew us away. The difference between this and where we would have been in Cancun, for only a couple hundred bucks difference....WOW! So, lets get down to it.

The resort is beautiful, from the buildings to the pools. We took tons of pictures (sorry, none posted).
The food was really good too. Was everything good, no. Were some things great, yes yes yes. The Italian place is AMAZING! Don't miss the jerk chicken either.
The people are some of the nicest people we have ever met. Is everyone nice, no. Is everyone nice where u live? We had a couple of people we wanted to ring out but other than those, nice nice nice. The entertainment staff is awesome too, make sure to take some time to hang out and partake in some of the daily activities. We went on three trips and hung out at the resort the rest of the days. We spent the last two just hanging in the pools and playing games, so relaxing.
Now, when we got there, we were on the other side of the resort, away from the other two couples. This was taken care of after two days. We were very upset upon arrival but didn't want to let this ruin anything. Talk to your travel person down there if you do have any problems. Cortney got ours taken care of as soon as we told him.
Both rooms had a few small bugs in them. This wasn't that bad but bothered me the most only because I hate bugs inside.
Some of the drinks.......WOW! too strong to drink. Ask for each persons special drink. Also, dirty bananas, mudslides, and hummingbirds are very good, no matter which bar we had them from.
Missing tiles in the pool..........yeah so, no problem. They also do run out of towels by the infinity pool a lot so we just brought our own.

All in all, we had the times of our lives and would love nothing more than to go back tomorrow. Again, was everything perfect...no, but most everyone down there busted their butts to make sure we were happy. Remeber, no problems, only situations. Have fun!

3  Thank Bushidough
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We just returned from a fantastic 8 night trip to the Palladium. Our trip, a belated honeymoon, had been booked to Mexico but changed last minute due to the health scare. I was nervous about the reviews and the change in plans but hey, it looked nice and it was vacation finally after all!

When we arrived our room on the Jamaica side was not ready however, since we knew this was most likely going to be the case we packed our carry-on with what we would need for a few hours at the pool and maybe some food. We were told at check-in that our ocean view request could not be filled but that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Nice! We happily went and had a drink at the Infinity Bar and took a walk around the grounds. First impression was very, very nice!

When we returned to see if our room was ready yet we were told there was a problem with the lock and then at some point we were told the room would not be ready for us that day but we could check into a standard room like we booked. After being told we were being upgraded I felt disappointed and nicely asked if there was anything else that could be done since we didn't mind waiting. Domenic from the front desk worked his magic and found us the PERFECT room on the Lady Hamilton side. I have traveled all over and have never met someone so professional and courteous as he was in helping us find a great room. Thanks again!

The Infinity Bar was great! Nice in the evenings and the one day it rained all day we played cards there and read books. We hung out a lot at the adult pool and had probably one or three too many Leroy Specials. : )! The food was good. The best believe it or not was the Indian food and the service was the best there too. The Jamaican and Mexican had the least atmosphere appeal to us however the food was good. We ate at all the restaurants and would have gone to each again if we were there longer. It is good, not gourmet, not fine dining, just good. The employees we all very nice and polite, a smile of your own goes a long way remember. We tipped a lot while we were there and felt it was well deserved and not expected or asked for.

We snorkeled a bunch, relaxed at the pools & beaches and just enjoyed ourselves. We did not leave the resort in 8 days but then again we went for total relaxation and did not want to schedule even 10 minutes of our time while there so the remote location was fine for us. The beaches are nice, but as most have reviewed, they are not long sandy stretches of beach.

Now, we had the perfect trip because that is what we wanted to make of it. Missing tiles in the pools, no problem, be careful. Housekeeping service later in the afternoon than we wanted, no problem, sit on the balcony have a drink and enjoy yourself. Service slow at the restaurants, no problem, go to the buffet. No towel art? Really, are you going on vacation for towel art?! The rooms are warm, you are in the Caribbean! Beer left on straight ice for hours can still taste warm, you are in a hot humid climate! I swear the worst part of our trip was watching / hearing others complain about trivial items like the guy that was upset the fountain in his building wasn’t flowing! If you can't have a good time here, you most likely can't have a good time anywhere.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for and we felt The Grand was well worth the buck! If you expect the Ritz for this price you can only blame yourself if you don’t leave happy!

7  Thank TGrl
Reviewed May 18, 2009

1st off , my wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary , we had booked a 10 day stay in Cancun...then the swine flu hit and we had to rearrange our plans...we were offered this resort as an alternative...Huge complex...but way too far from mobay itself...taxi wanted $180.00 round trip from resort to rose hall(we cut a deal for the 2 days of golf we had arranged) Bring your own beach towels and snorkel gear...its just less of a hassel , room was nice , but we could hardly breathe because of the strong smoke smell(smoke free rooms with ashtrays?) we wanted to switch that day but were told all rooms were booked(an obvious lie but what could we do) after 5 days they did switch is to a better room , better view , better a/c , no smoke smell)
The restraunts were all great , I am not a food critic but I know what I like , get the fish for lunch at the Poiseiden...it will amaze you , the crispy duck at the asian restaraunt , the NY strip at Bubbas , the steak with lobster ravioli at Pastafarian , and anything at the Mexican restaraunt...the breakfast buffets are very good with a wide variety , great fresh fruit etc.
The pools are nice but the loose tiles are a problem and none of the jacuzzis in any of the pools worked. The adults only pool was great and we met a lot of wonderful couples there(hey Brandon and Jessica) We loved snorkeling at Coral beach and swimming at sunset cove. Staff is great but under pressure because there are too few of them , they are not rude , just overworked.
Donovan at Pastafarian restaraunt gets our highest praise...he had a special cake made for us on our 25th anniversary , gave us champagne , sang for us ...,we were blown away.
If you play golf dont belive the hype about white witch...play Cinnamon Hill...awesome people , great caddy (thanks James!!!) and superb course with amazing views.
We enjoyed ourselves , got sunburned , drank too much , ate too much , and had lots of fun ...

2  Thank katscopalmcoast