Before going I thought it would be wise to read some reviews- and honestly, they scared me. A lot! However, when I got there I could not have been more wrong. I is a gorgeous place, with wonderful, friendly staff. When we checked in we were quickly whisked away by cart with our luggage (that they wouldnt DREAM of letting you carry!) with a drink in hand. Keep in mind- I am 18 and went with just 5 of my friends, so needless to say our parents were a little worried but we got through everything just fine. Easy airport, excellent resort.
We got to our room to find a note and flowers from our maid. By the time we get everything unpacked it was 6 PM so we got showered and headed to dinner at the Asian restaurant- The Lotus House. Let me start by saying I am a sushi fanatic and if you are too, you will be in heaven. SOOOO GOOD!
After that we went to the inifinity bar to have some drinks where we met about 10-12 other 18 and 19 year old kids that we ended up being with the entire week. They were awesome! Couldn't have asked for a better time. Finally, when 11 rolled around the night club opened and we headed there. It was so much fun- good music, lots of drinks, lots of friends and just a really, really great evening.
The next day we got up early and headed to the beach, which, by the way, is gorgeous. It truly is one of the most beautiful places I have ever imagined seeing. Now- If you are looking for a full service resort, then do NOT come here. They will not walk by the beach and ask you if you would like a drink. Stop being lazy and go to the bar that is 10 feet from the beach. The bartenders there were all so nice and funny and seemed to love doing their job. I sat and talked to them for a long time! Oh, and the pool- AMAZING. HUGE! yes there are a few tiles missing, but get over it. Still and amazing swim up bar and friendly staff to boot!
The entertainment crew were so awesome. They partied with us every night and we had a lot of fun with them- if you get the chance, meet them and hang out with them as much as possible. If youre with them I will promise you a good time!
Overall I will miss the resort so much. I made some lifelong friends there and i will DEFINITELY be going back MANY TIMES!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea