Airport: One of the best airports I've seen down south. Went through customs really fast.
Check in: Was fast and went without any problems. We all received a welcome drink which was very nice. Our room was ready upon arrival.
Resort: The resort is trully beautiful and spacious. The only thing missing was a nice beach. I also found it was too secluded and far from towns. We were strongly advised not to venture out by ourselves unless we go on a tour. The taxi service is VERY expensive. The shops on the resort are not as expensive as we were told. I found lots of stuff reasonably prices. However, the coffee and cigars are expensive. We found the shoping at the airport on our way back very good.
Room: We had a Junior suite at the Lady Hamilton side (bldg #38). The room was very spacious - seperate living room with balcony. Big bathroom with 2 person jacuzzi tub with a seperate shower. We didn't see any roaches or rodents. If you absolutely need some face cloths, I would recommend you bring your own as we only got some once. We did howerver find the air conditioner wasn't cold enough. Even with the ceiling fan on, it wasn't cool enough for our liking. We love the 30 degrees during the day but coolness at night for a good night's sleep.
Service: In general it was pretty good. It's like any place down south - you just can't be in a hurry. We just have to remember that we're visiting their country and for sure they don't stress out like we do ;)
Beach/Pool: I was very dissapointed about the lack of beaches. The 2 little ones they had was too crowded for us but that's OK cause we stayed at the pool where most of the action is. Yes the pool was on the chilly side but it still felt good cooling off in it. There are some pool tiles comming off but not enough to hurt yourself. The pool bar was a lot of fun but always crowded. We did bring some coffee mugs which was great as the drinks stayed cold longer.
Restaurants: Let's start with the 7 a la carte restaurants. Our favorite was Creole. The Asian, Mexican, Grill and Poseidon were also very good. We were a bit disappointed in the Italian and didn't try the Indian (partied too much that day :)) We didnt' have to wait to long and the food presentation was wonderful. We went to the buffets for breakfast and lunch and they are very similar to buffets at any resorts. There are lots of people at the buffets so be prepared to wait in line for certain foods.
Bars/entertainment: Lots of bars all over the resort and our favorite was the Infinity. We went to a few shows which again are very similar to all other resort. We prefered listening to the live bands at the Infinity Bar. Lots of activities during the day - beach volleyball, dancing lessons, yoga, aquafitness, belly flop contest, beer drinking contest, trivia, lawn bowling, horseshoe and more.
Tips: We gave $2.00 each day for the maid, $3.00 at the A La Carte restaurants and also tipped the bell boy and bar man (various amounts depending on service).
Currency: They accept Jamaican J and U.S. money.
Tours: We only went on the shopping and Rick's Café tour. The shopping wasn't that great. They bring you to a duty free mall which was the best out of all of them (the best place to buy coffee and cigars). Then they stopped on this little street with a few stores on each side. We were told we were going to a craftsman market. We thought it was going to be sort of like a flee market but it ended out being 2-3 huts in the middle of nowhere with nothing much of interest. Rick's Café was a crowded bar but the atmosphere was fun. The sunset was beautiful and the high divers are crazy :)
Other: They also have a nice gym and spa. They also have tennis courts, soccer field and mini put.
To sum it up: We had a wonderful time in this beautiful resort. Yes I would recommend this place for it's beauty, food/drinks and service but if you are a beach person then this isn't the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea