Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Tryall Club(Sandy Bay)
  • Pool
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
5,584 results
All reviewsgrand palladium lady hamiltonadult poolinfinity barjerk hutsports barmain poola la carte restaurantssteakjerk chickenimperial cluboutdoor showerhoneymoon villasunset cove beachseafoodmontego baywater sportsour favourite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My fiancé and I were at the Grand Palladium - Lady Hamilton from May 2 to May 9 attending a wedding. Upon arrival, staff were very friendly and helpful and we had no issues checking into the hotel. We stayed in one of the Villa's - the room was beautiful and our cleaning lady Lorrain was wonderful! The room itself was located on the bottom floor beside a walkway to one of the main beaches and had a beautiful view of the ocean.

The beaches on the resort (Las Brisas, Coral and Sunset Cove) aren't excellent for swimming only because of rough sand and potential to step on rocks, etc. but it wasn't anything that ruined the swimming experience! I would simply recommend some water shoes. The Coral beach was the best for snorkelling as you can see much more wildlife than the other beaches. I would highly recommend this activity to anyone!

The dining experience was excellent for the most part (I am only excluding the Sports Bar)! The buffets always served great food and we always received great service. Our best experiences were at the Lotus (Oriental) and El Mariachi (Mexican) a la carte restaurants. These places had delicious food and the service was superb! I would highly recommend these restaurants, as well as the Xaymaica and Reggaetoni restaurants. The only less than ideal experience was at the Sports Bar as it was difficult to get served even though it was not busy (no one came up to our group after 45 minutes so we had to ask at the bar to get a server to order food). Along with the restaurants, service at ALL of the bars located on the resort was excellent!

While staying at the Grand Palladium, I would highly recommend visiting the Zentropia spa! My fiancé and I received a couples massage and I must say the experience was wonderful! The staff working there were very friendly and the massage therapists were very much appropriate and always made you feel comfortable.

We also went on a catamaran tour with the entire wedding group (boat located on Sunset cove). This was such a fun experience and the boat staff were awesome! It was about two hours of boat ride and one hour of snorkelling. I would also highly recommend this activity to anyone (as long as you don't get sea sickness)!

The only thing I would say negatively about this whole week was the constant, I mean 24/7, offers for weed. If you're like me and are not into that kind of thing, then the offers get very annoying. The sad thing was that the offers were being made by the groundskeepers. We only had one experience where one of them was pushy though. I don't know if it was because we were a young couple on vacation that we always got the offers, but I had had enough when the staff were walking up to our patio when we were trying to relax and even being offered in the room by the staff stocking up our mini bar. These individuals were all friendly, don't get me wrong, but when I am on vacation I don't care to be smothered with drug pushers.

Overall, I would say this was a very good experience (aside from the reason above) and I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Mandy B:

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us. We were delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had and we were very pleased to know that all went well. However, while we strive for a perfect vacation we sincerely regret your encounter with weed offerings and rest assured that this matter will be dealt with very seriously.

We look forward to your return visit so that we can make it another grand vacation experience.

Best regards

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went to the Grand Palladium form 4/25 - 5/2 and despite some of the negative reviews we read on many sites, we had the best time! The hotel was beautiful (always clean and no bugs) and the weather was perfect. The food was very good......listen people....it's buffet food....how else can you feed that many people? We ate at four of the specialty restaurants (Asian, Mexican, Indian and Bubba's Steakhouse) and all were very good. Get there early (@ 5:30) if you don't want to wait. The service at all restaurants and buffets was GREAT! If you're in a hurry, why are you on vacation?
We loved Sunset Cove and the Jerk Hut was amazing for lunch. The help was very courteous and willing to help.
For the life of me I don't know where some of these people who give this place a bad review would be happy. They could spend twice as much or more and go to Sandals or Couples but we met a couple there and they said it wasn't worth the extra money. The pools were always clean as were the restrooms.
We took an excursion that we arranged at the resort - Margaritaville/shopping and Rick's Cafe. $25 each and worth every penny. We left the resort at 10:30 and returned at 7:30 in time for dinner.

The tip about taking a larger insulated cup is a good one......just don't take a BIG mug or you'll look foolish. Speaking of tips.......we left tips at restaurants and for the housekeepers and mini-bar guy. $2-$3 goes a long way..........

So the big question - Would I go back? IN A HEARTBEAT!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 13 - very near everything and not TOO loud........
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jodiray
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Jodiray:

We have read your reviews and was very happy to know that you had such a great time while you were on vacation with us at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. Most of all we are happy that you enjoyed the facility also the food.

We were extremely happy to have served you and we look forward to your return visit so we can make it another grand vacation experience.

Best wishes

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you have a family and want to take the kids to a great place OR if you are just the two of you on a romantic getaway this is the place to go.
If you have kids book a room on the Palladium side of the resort....if you are there for a romantic getaway....book a room on the Lady Hamilton side of the resort.
The two resorts are separated by an enormous pool....it's so big that no one has to rub elbows with any of their neighbours if they don't want to .....The pool is horseshoe shaped....Palladium guests tend to stay on their side and Lady Hamilton guests tend to stay on their side and at the top of the horseshoe is where the infants and toddlers congregate. If that still isn't good enough for you there is a pool and swimming beach for adults only on the Lady Hamilton side.

The beaches are nice, the water is nice...and the best part is that it's absolutely safe....no other resorts around and no boats coming into the bay to sell drugs to anyone as you might find in Montego Bay.

Plenty of restaurants to choose from....the food isn't spectacular but it is far better than most places.

The only complaint I had was that our refrigerator didn't cool down the drinks as well as I would have liked....a complaint to the front desk had maintenance bringing me a new one within a few minutes.

I should also mention that the resort is enormous, so if you don't get put into a room near the center of the resort plan on taking transportation (always free) or walking

Room Tip: Slip the front desk manager a 20 to get into one of the rooms nearest to the centre of the resort....well worth it if you don't want to walk too far to get to the main pool or beaches....but in lieu of that you can always call "transportation" for a free ride anywhere on the resort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank darnhardworker
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear darnharworker:

We have reviewed your comments and was very delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had while you were on vacation here with us at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are even more delighted to know that our staff made it wonderful a vacation.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the overall facilities and we will share your comments with our team. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and share your reviews as this will help us to improve our product and services.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I just got back from the GP Lady Hamilton. I am giving this an average rating. First and foremost, the room was VERY humid and extremely musty! you can breathe the mold ! and it doesn't go away. there were little tiny ants and mosquitos in the room. If you have allergies prepare to suffer. The food was OK... nothing special at all. The mini fridge in your room does not have any alcohol, and there isn't much in it. also there is no room service, and the only beer they have in the whole place is red stripe . Top shelf liquor is also very hard to find. frankly I didn't see the difference between both sides of the hotel, the lady Hamilton was more expensive but everyone could use all the facilities and restaurants the same . so I do not find it worth it to pay more. The resort is HUGE!!!!!!!! it is exhausting to walk anywhere , especially in the heat. The grounds are not very friendly for older people or handicap guest. everything is pretty spread out.
NOTE: the staff is in NO HURRY to do ANYTHING..... you can wait a very very long time for food . I started bringing with me a bottle of water because it would take forever for any waiter/waitress to take my order, and then probably another 20 min to bring me a drink.

The Pool however is stunning. the beaches and the grounds were well kept. we went for a wedding and the gazebo and the reception were very beautiful. The Bartenders at our wedding event and the infinity bar were very friendly and nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mangoritas
Reviewed May 8, 2014

April 25 - May 1 vac to GP Lady Hamilton... my husband & I have travelled to many islands/resorts - this was best! Very private and secluded. Felt very safe at this resort, all private beaches, not near any other hotels. 2 hotels in 1 resort - beautiful pools (4)and beaches (3). each with it's own charm. Enjoyed all restaurants (7), including buffets (2). Resort was full, never felt crowded. 3 - 4 weddings each day but would never know it. No reservations/no wait for restaurants. Staff awesome and accommodating. Infinity Bar and bands nightly - great! Towel card and daily return, but no problem! Very spread out, nice covered or oceanside walkways. We loved Sunset Cove Beach - pull chair into ocean and relax with water sports, trees, jerk chicken hut, pelican bar/lunch. Water so clear and beach nice. Infinity pool was awesome too, never had to wait for chairs -- Room - #3418 awesome - 1 bed suite w/2 balconies - 2nd floor - big and clean. Perfect location, very private. Property - very clean and no bugs! Nice breeze, but not strong wind - BEAUTIFUL. Bring an insulated lrg cup for drink fill up - lol. Awesome private tour of negril - margaritville, 7 mile beach, rick's cafe with yourjamaicantourguide.com Alldeen - fantastic driver/tour guide - highly recommend! Will return to this resort!

Room Tip: Building 34 - corner room facing ocean 2nd floor was awesome. Quite, xlg suite, 2 balconies, very clean. Higher floor room, better views. Bldg was private, but close to all - sunset cove, coral beach, adult pool and nice walk to restaurants!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 7hitch30
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear 7hitch30:

It is indeed a pleasure reading your reviews on the wonderful time you had while you were on vacation here with us at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We have also taken careful note of your concerns regarding our staff.

Warm regards,