“loved this resort”

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous holiday at this beautiful resort. It is in two halves, the Lady Hamilton (nearer to the beaches) and the Jamaica. All the amenities are shared and the place is so nicely spread out through lovely gardens and grounds that it never seems crowded. 3 beaches and lots of pools means that you will never be short of a sun longer somewhere. The food was good and plentiful. We particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant in the evening and the Sports bar for a snack. Champagne every evening at the Infinity Bar as the sun was setting was a nice touch. Very friendly, hard working and attentive staff everywhere. Our room was kept beautifully clean. If I had to find a fault it would be that there were too many people trying to sell photographs and membership of the Palladium holiday club. The resort is All Inclusive including good quality premium brand drinks. It is worth checking what your deal covers as there are different levels. Some people were unable to reserve tables at the themed restaurants which meant they had a bit of a wait at the popular ones. The area is quiet but you have pretty much all you need at the resort and it is easy to get a taxi or book a trip to go further afield. Not too far from the airport at Montego Bay but far enough not to see too many planes!

Room Tip: Villa 15 (Jamaica side) was in a quiet part of the resort
2  Thank carolleKingsLynn
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear CarolleKingsLynn:

We were extremely happy to have served you and we look forward to your return visit so we can make it another grand vacation experience.

Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,439)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Why would you complain? Your in Jamaica!!. This was a fantastic resort. recommended by our travel agent. 2nd time to a resort and we were worried that it would not rate well against our last Mexican holiday. 5 stars overall. The food was great, view was stunning, beaches were good, especially the Sunset Cove beach (1 of 3). Room was comfortable and quiet - even close to the main areas. Excellent jerk chicken - every day. The infinity pool is said to be the largest pool in Jamaica. If you have got something to complain about here - I'm sorry - this is your problem not the resorts. I even got the opportunity to speak directly to the general manager, Jose. We was very responsive and appreciative about by feedback.

Food, Beach, View, Rooms, Drinks, Pool, Coffee Bar, ...
Minor
Bench in the change rooms by the luggage, A bench would be better to sit on rather that an ashtray stand.

Thats it. You can;'t go wrong for the location and value. If you have an issue - just as to see Jose - He will make things right.

Room Tip: Villa 26 is near the pool and main hall - you can here the show at night until 10:30 - But why are y...
3  Thank vanalphen42
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Vanalphen42:

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just getting back from our Wedding trip at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and I can honestly say it was a truly amazing experience! A minor hiccup or two upon arrival but with as many rooms and guests as they have here some small issues are to be expected.

We had a group of 30 travelling with us, some from Ontario who arrived early in the afternoon and their rooms were not ready until after 4pm. This dampened some spirits early but things were sorted out and those guests were all brought to the same villa (Villa 39, very nice!) That group requested that the rest of us arriving later that evening from Alberta all be in the same villa as well. Upon arrival my Husband and I found we were the only ones not in that Villa and our room wasn't quite as nice (villa 34, seemed a bit older and not as nice of décor in the Junior Suites) We also had some issues with the tap and shower head. After calmly and nicely asking to be placed in the villa with the rest of our guests we were upgraded to a suite (catch more bees with honey... there are some very rude and angry reviews on here and as far as I'm concerned those people probably need a time out and will never find happiness in their lives)

Day 2 we had a meeting with our Wedding Coordinator, Omeshia, and everything was ready and taken care of according to what we discussed via email. To any future brides at this resort, I can understand any hesitations you may have not being in person to plan things, but trust me they have it covered!! Omeshia was great to deal with and I thank her for all her hard work with our wedding, even with some last minute requests we came up with!

We traveled with Transat Holidays and booked a day excursion to Negril with a catamaran trip. They arranged for a special bus for our group to come early so we could have some time on the beach in Negril (beautiful sand and water) I would definitely recommend this tour but just overall recommend that you find time to travel off the resort to do something fun!

The resort is large so be prepared for lots of walking. Shuttle drivers are available as well, we always left them with a tip even though we never felt pressured to. We had a great driver take us for pictures in a couple surprise places on our wedding day, he was just happy to show us around to some spots we may not have thought of.

Food was great and had a large selection for each meal. If you go hungry its because your too picky... and trust me I'm a picky eater! The pineapple and pineapple juice was nothing else I've ever had. So fresh and obviously how its supposed to taste before it spends the long haul all the way to Canada.

Some must dos:
-go to the beach at sunset cove, lots of things to do on the water - also try the jerk chicken!!!
-have a late night swim at the adult only pool
-take in at least one night of entertainment, we didn't see many shows but it was nice to see some of the local talent and culture.
-spend an evening at the infinity bar when there is live entertainment.
-take a relaxing bubble bath in your room
-do something outside of your comfort zone - for me that was snorkeling, wasn't sure how I would handle seeing all the fish but I loved it!!
-take some time to enjoy your company and all the beautiful scenery!!!

Overall I would definitely recommend to friends and may even go back at some point ourselves!

Room Tip: Villa 39 was a little far from the main area but was nice and quiet. Also close to sunset cove. Ju...
3  Thank Ashtyn W

Dear Ashtyn W:

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us. We were delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had and we were very pleased to know that your wedding went well. We sure will pass on the your positive comments to our wedding team, in particular Omesha, your wedding coordinator.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the overall facilities and in particular the food. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and share your reviews as this will help us to improve our product and services.

We look forward to your return visit on your honeymoon so we can make it another grand vacation experience.

Best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My family and I have spent the first week of April (2014) in the Lady Hamilton Resort and it was a great experience for us.
It was our first time in Jamaica and we did not know exactly where to go and what to choose...
We wanted to spent the spring break in the Caribbean and we found this all inclusive travel package, with nonstop flights from Chicago to Montego Bay for a good price. We choose the Lady Hamilton Resort but at the time we were not sure what to expect since some of the reviews about this hotel, here, in the Tripadvisor were not very good.
First, Grand Palladium Jamaica and Lady Hamilton Resort are the same resort.
It is a huge complex that they divided in two. In one side it is Lady Hamilton and in the other it is Jamaica. Each resort has its own entrance and amenities, but all guests can enjoy both sides attractions at any time.
They offer suites and bungalows. Bungalows are for adults only.
Both resorts are well maintained and clean.
Check in:
When you get there enjoy the welcome drink and head to the check in. It is fast, people there are nice and very helpful.If you are going to get there before 3:30 P.M. make sure you have a swimming suit under yours clothes or at least are wearing something very comfortable for the Jamaica's hot weather so you can start enjoying the place right away since the room will not be available before that time.
The room:
I believe the complex has about 35 buildings, most of them are 3 stories high and the bungalows are 2 stories high. As close the buildings get to the central complex ( main swimming pool, theater, bar and restaurants) the noisy it gets. We stayed in the building 26 that is next to the swimming pool and I believe from all the buildings it would be probably the most noisy one, but after all it was not so bad.
The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was in need of a little update for my taste, but it was clean and everything was working well.
Restaurants:
They have 11 restaurants and many bars in the complex.
Restaurants on the central building :
First floor: (Buffets) Negril, Mo Bay, and Blue Lagoon.
(a la cart): Italian and Indian Cuisine.
Second Floor: (a la cart) Asian,Jamaican (best), Mexican and Steak-Grill Cuisines.
Restaurants on the west side : Seafood (so so ) and Jerky Hut restaurants.
Food:
The food in general was pretty good (besides some people's bad reviews ) and our favorites were the "Xamaica" and the Grill restaurants.
Staff:
Fantastic ! People was very very friendly, helpful and dedicated to serve. Don't forget to tip a couple bucks here and there, they deserve !
The crew at the Scuba dive center was very cool and friendly.
Don't think twice, go and have fun ! Ya man !

Room Tip: If you want silence to sleep, stay away from the main building/pool area. Party goes late ...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Deni_roc

Dear Deni_roc:

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and myself loved this resort. Let me break it down for you in specific segments:

Staff: nice. Some attitude from some people. Very few of them stood out like other countries I have been to in the Caribbean, but I can honestly say they were the hardest working staff I ever saw.

Beach: amazing!!! 4 frickin beaches! Sunset beach was by far the nicest. You can go out into the water up to your neck there and I never experienced any sea weed or rocks in the water. Its cool, its clean its everything you would expect from a perfect beach experience. They also have an adults only beach/pool

Food: 7 a la carts (you heard me...7!) Three buffets (three!!! Lol) very good food overall but not incredible. Indian was the worse! Asian food was my favorite and the steak house was good, very good but I loooove steak and it wasnt up to my very strict expectations. Nonetheless I did enjoy the food and jamaican fruits are out of this world! Trust me, have a lot of fruit down there.

Property: oh my God where to begin. This property was massive and the maintenance crew work around the clock to make sure the hedges were juuuuust right. It is so clean. Every where you walk, if you pay close attention you'll notice its a very well mantained, clean and a remarkable looking resort. They have sports bar (its true, its pretty hot in there) a casino, a club, mini-put course, a fan-frickin-tastic (you must go!!) Spa. 4 beaches and at least 3 very nice swimming pools. This resort is one of my absolute favorite resorts I have ever laid eyes on.

Room: great room! There are some very small issues if you want to be picky but honestly it was a very nice looking room over all. The only thing you NEED to do is bring your own pillows. Theirs suck.

Entertainment: very good. It's no circ del sole but it's fun.

Final notes: look, if you want perfect and are very demanding, spend 3x more somewhere else. This place is as close to perfect as you can get at an affordable price.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Atheer N

Dear Atheer N:

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us. We were very delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had while you were on vacation here with us at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We sincerely regret any mishap as it is in our best interest to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed three times, each time it appears as though maintenance is ongoing but slow. We love the location and food. However we didn't receive a warm welcome. Especially after having stayed two previous times. Our room requests went on deaf ears and we had to move rooms twice. It saddens me as this once was our favourite spot in Jamaica but might need to try something new.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank KAYANDDEE
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear KAYANDDEE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Palladium Jamaica. As a repeater guest your opinion is very important to us.

Sorry for not being able to reach your expectations this time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you decide to visit us again. I would love to be your contact person and make sure everything is perfect! Assistdtor2.jamaica@palladiumhotelgroup.com

Looking forward to meet you in your 4th visit to Palladium Jamaica

Best regards

Jose Torres
F&B Director

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Lady Hamilton side March 31 to April 6. Had a very nice time. The resort was nicely groomed and clean. The place is gorgeous. We were told we would have to wait 3 hours for check in but they had change rooms so we could put on our bathing suits and gave us wrist bands right away so we could go for lunch and a swim while we waited for our room. The bell hops promised they would stay with the new arrivals luggage. And they did. And can I just say I was very impressed with the Bell Hops. Great bunch of guys. Funny, attentive and very organized. We went back to our luggage to check on it after lunch and asked if our room might be ready early and it was. Yeah mon! Never a problem with service at bars or restaurants. The staff were pleasant and accomdating. I dont think we ever passed by a staff member who didnt acknowlege us with a greeting or smile. It was refreshing. Staff went out of their way to be especially attentive to our daughter and she said they made her feel special when they called her princess or gorgeous. Especially Honey from Black and White club. My daughter wasn't old enough so she couldn't participate but if Honey saw her around she went out of her way to come talk to her, jump over the hedges to pick a flower to put in our hair etc... She is a jewel and will go far in life with her positive and sparkling personality. Lets talk surveys! I did not really appreciate all the surveys, some kept asking us to do but felt obligated to make sure the servers and spa staff were given the evaluation they deserved. And I could tell some staff felt awkward about it too. We had turn down service every night and room was cleaned everday. Our suite was nice but needed some minor repairs nothing too serious. Some rowdy guests, but can't blame the resort for poorly behaved tourists. And they were Canadian too kinda embarrassing i like to party but I would not behave that way in a foreign country and Def not in front of children or the elderly. I'm not sure why people would go to a family resort to crazy party and curse in front of children. And as for the cups found around the pools as people commented about on here. I would pick them up and put them in the deposit boxes they had all around the pool. Not a big deal to me. The week went really well, only one low point... I felt a little jilted during the check out process after such a great week of being treated so well... We had a 7:30 am check out and we're told we could get breakfast at the infinity bar. When we got there at 7:15 as instructed to, there was nothing there but some bananas, pots of coffee and juice but no cups. And there was no staff to be seen anywhere to get cups from. So we went to Sports bar because I do not do well without a coffee in the am. The bartender said he was closed but kindly made coffee for us. He saved my life and it made me feel better knowing that even though we were no longer guests he showed us some of that hospitality that Jamaicans are known for. Overall we had a great time. A nice break from our very long Canadian winter. Next time it will be 2 weeks though and a late checkout. When I see other's reviews in this forum especially those who were at the resort around the same time as us I can't help but wonder were they at the same resort? Did they post in the wrong forum? I think for any all inclusive you will get what you pay for and it's up to you to make the most of it and be positive. The Caribbean is a beautiful place and I've stayed at 3 stars to 5 stars. People need to remember you are staying in countries that are not as developed as Canada. there is going to be glitches just as there are at home. I'm not sure what people expect?! The staff at the Grand Palladium and Jamaicans were proud, kind and respectful and clearly work hard to make our experience at their resort as nice as possible. It was my experience if you are kind and respectful that is how you are treated whether you tipped or not.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank gohla

Dear Gohia:

We have reviewed your comments and was very delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had while you were on vacation here with us at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are even more delighted to know that our staff in particular the bell hop made it wonderful.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the overall facilities and we will share your comments with those you mentioned. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and share your reviews as this will help us to improve our product and services.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!