Just getting back from our Wedding trip at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and I can honestly say it was a truly amazing experience! A minor hiccup or two upon arrival but with as many rooms and guests as they have here some small issues are to be expected.
We had a group of 30 travelling with us, some from Ontario who arrived early in the afternoon and their rooms were not ready until after 4pm. This dampened some spirits early but things were sorted out and those guests were all brought to the same villa (Villa 39, very nice!) That group requested that the rest of us arriving later that evening from Alberta all be in the same villa as well. Upon arrival my Husband and I found we were the only ones not in that Villa and our room wasn't quite as nice (villa 34, seemed a bit older and not as nice of décor in the Junior Suites) We also had some issues with the tap and shower head. After calmly and nicely asking to be placed in the villa with the rest of our guests we were upgraded to a suite (catch more bees with honey... there are some very rude and angry reviews on here and as far as I'm concerned those people probably need a time out and will never find happiness in their lives)
Day 2 we had a meeting with our Wedding Coordinator, Omeshia, and everything was ready and taken care of according to what we discussed via email. To any future brides at this resort, I can understand any hesitations you may have not being in person to plan things, but trust me they have it covered!! Omeshia was great to deal with and I thank her for all her hard work with our wedding, even with some last minute requests we came up with!
We traveled with Transat Holidays and booked a day excursion to Negril with a catamaran trip. They arranged for a special bus for our group to come early so we could have some time on the beach in Negril (beautiful sand and water) I would definitely recommend this tour but just overall recommend that you find time to travel off the resort to do something fun!
The resort is large so be prepared for lots of walking. Shuttle drivers are available as well, we always left them with a tip even though we never felt pressured to. We had a great driver take us for pictures in a couple surprise places on our wedding day, he was just happy to show us around to some spots we may not have thought of.
Food was great and had a large selection for each meal. If you go hungry its because your too picky... and trust me I'm a picky eater! The pineapple and pineapple juice was nothing else I've ever had. So fresh and obviously how its supposed to taste before it spends the long haul all the way to Canada.
Some must dos:
-go to the beach at sunset cove, lots of things to do on the water - also try the jerk chicken!!!
-have a late night swim at the adult only pool
-take in at least one night of entertainment, we didn't see many shows but it was nice to see some of the local talent and culture.
-spend an evening at the infinity bar when there is live entertainment.
-take a relaxing bubble bath in your room
-do something outside of your comfort zone - for me that was snorkeling, wasn't sure how I would handle seeing all the fish but I loved it!!
-take some time to enjoy your company and all the beautiful scenery!!!
Overall I would definitely recommend to friends and may even go back at some point ourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea