Let me start by saying I didn't pay for my trip it was a freebie for me and I'm glad it was because although I enjoyed parts of it, there was definitely some issues so I'm glad I didn't fork over a ton of money.
1) Grounds around the resort are stunning/well maintained by staff-beautiful
The trouble started when we went inside--We had room 2605 and the mold/mildew smell was unbearable--The sheets were soaking/I was cold all night thanks to the damp/wet. You excuse it to a point but I was almost sick from it.
They moved us the next day to 2708 and it was much better--I was with a group ofr 40 and wondered if the good service was in part due to that --but I'll give them gredit for acting quickly.
Our safe in the first room didn't work --neither did the one in the second --the one in the second room needed a battery change and the maintenance man stood around afterward looking for a tip for doing his job--sorry not going to happen.
Hair blower wasn't working in second room either-but fixed quickly
Steak house was really good, Itailian was above average, didn't bother with the sports bar (reminded me of someone's basement) and didn't care for Mexican but that's all subjective.
Lovely outdoor coffee bar to sit at on the second floor --enjoyed our evening there. Coffee was good but they would have cream one day, milk the next. If you asked for cream on milk days it was nowhere to be found.
It's true that cutlery/cups were often missing on the tables---we found it amusing and had fun with it but no doubt I would have been annoyed if I was paying for any of this.
Staff was pleasant/friendly and ready to lend a hand. No complaints there--we tipped our maid each day/always had a clean room
Pools were really nice/beaches too--can't beat the weather. I don't drink so my experience was limited to doft drinks--each drink was different depending on the bar you hit. Some days like water/some days fine.
Too bad the spa is pay now--we took a tour--it looked lovely
Overall, a nice getaway with lots of little issues that would have really bugged me if I was paying for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea