Overall, our experience was great! The food was spectacular. From Breakfast to Dinner, I could not find a thing I did not like. Here’s a tip: mosey on down to the Sunset Cove Beach during the daytime, and hit up the Jerk Chicken Hut (You’re Welcome ☺). The bartenders and wait staff we ok…like any “All-Inclusive” you will pick your favorites. The POP show at 9:30 every night was a good time.
There were two things in particular I wasn’t very pleased with: 1) Housekeeping was not quite up to par. One day we had to call at 6:30 p.m. to have the room cleaned; and 2) One of the days, the room was cleaned but we were not given fresh towels. I can’t actually call these two incidents “Complaints”, because they were immediately rectified. Also, I wasn’t crazy about the man made beaches on the resort, but the Infinity Pool was sweet. We spent most of our time on the Sunset Cove Beach and would end up In the pool before closing. Also, read further on arranging a day trip to Negril. The 7 Mile beach is majestic.
Tips/Suggestions: 1) Try to get a room with a view (building 26). The front desk will help you anyway they can to put you in the room you want. 2) as far as tipping the staff goes, TIP THEM…its how they survive. They are extremely greatful. What I did was, I went to my bank before the trip and withdrew $100 in one dollar bills. 3) If you’re looking to leave the resort, don’t do the group shuttles. Go with the private car service located on the upper level of the lobby. The driver is at your demand, will be with you at all stops, and acts as a first class tour guide. We went with “Dale”. He took us to Margaretville, in Negril, which was AWESOME! He took us to a local spot to get grilled Lobster fresh out of the water. He took us to Rick’s Café at the end of our day. He was with us every step, and made us feel safe and comfortable; and 4) Learn to say “no” Locals will approach you often, and make you feel uncomfortable and pressured to give them money for this and that. Just say no and move along.
All-in-all, I would recommend this place to friends, and would definitely choose Lady Hamilton again. I hope you find this review helpful. If you want any further info, PM me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea