Stayed here from 12-26 Oct 13 which incorporated our 30th wedding anniversary. First impressions were good although even though we had booked 14 months before going, the top floor double bed room we requested was not available! Settled for 1st floor double which was probably better than top floor especially when coming back from the bar at midnight! Other than that check in was quick and we were soon in the room which was huge. Massive bathroom with Jacuzzi, huge super king bed, sitting area and balcony. Air-con ran all the time if we wanted as did the mini bar which is restocked daily and is included. Free room safe in the wardrobe. Room was clean and cool.
Only went to one a la carte which was the steakhouse, special mention to ELMO for his excellent service and constant supply of rum and cokes. The main buffet restaurant had lots of variety for every meal but I must say the food could have been a bit hotter although I suppose this is part of the problem with hotplate buffets in an air conditioned room. My only complaint is that your tea/coffee at breakfast came after you had finished eating. If this is not how you like it then go to the Blue Lagoon for breakfast. Went on various trips out as there's not much to do outside the hotel. DO NOT expect the roads/driving to be the same as in the UK or USA, but DO make the effort to see more than the hotel, and if you have a nagging back pain you wont have by the time you get back to the hotel, believe me. With the help from HYACINTH, our holiday rep we went to Rockland's Bird Sanctuary (there isn't an organised trip so have to arrange it yourself) Stunning feeding hummingbirds and worth the effort but be warned, wear long trousers, socks and shoes or your ankles will get bitten alive!. Also went on a trip to the Black River/YS Falls/Appleton Rum factory. Long day but informative and your rewarded at the rum factory if you get my meaning. Also went to Bob Marley's house/Dunns river falls. Wow what a day out. Bob's a favourite with us and it was a bit emotional at his tomb. Had a rasta shot there, worth the $10 so give it a go. Didn't try the ganga though, yes it is for sale. Dunns river was brilliant. If you don't do anything else in Jamaica you HAVE to do this. Also went to the Croydon in the Mountains plantation. Very informative and a good lunch. Spent the rest of the time in the hotel at the pool or on the beach or in the cool of the room. Adult pool needs more variety of music but that's why we take our ipods. Loads of sunbeds at the main pool in shade or sun. No crowding. Entertainment is there during the day if you want it. Loads of bars in this hotel but our favourite was the Infinity bar. JEAN was a star and the bar staff are entertaining when the live music starts. Thanks to Jean, we never left sober!!!
Also go to Miss Lou's bar for afternoon tea/coffee/cakes etc. STREETE made excellent drinks.
This is a long flight from the UK but worth the effort. Overall the hotel and the trips we took were brilliant and we had a fantastic time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea