Fantastic reception at this hotel, the staff are very friendly at reception and round the pools and beaches. Unfortunately some of the restaurant staff are not so keen to serve. Take a tip and check which restaurants are opened before going out, They all have different opening times and nights. Try and pre book or be prepared for long wait for tables. The food was excellent at all, even the jerk hut. Breakfast was great but don't bother asking for tea unless you are prepared to ask at least 5 different waitresses. Miss lou's coffee bar is the place if you want tea, coffee and cakes. Bar service was very good with good measures and friendly service. leaving a small tip makes it even better. The adult only pool and beach are great for relaxing with the main pool (the biggest in Jamaica) great for a bit of fun and games. No need to reserve loungers as there are plenty to go round. Life guards on duty at all pools and beaches. Trillan was a mine of info and a genuinely good guy. The entertainment staff (people of palladium) work non stop to keep you going. The rooms were massive with a giant bed, Jacuzzi, shower room and large balcony. They were spotless. Good job by the housemaids. We were in a group of 7 and the hotel managed to house us all in the same block a wee bit of a walk to the main pool and reception area mind you. The lazy Yanks called the bell boys trolley car. We had a birthday girl there and ordered a birthday cake which was only 10$. It was presented at our evening meal and was great value for money, too much for the 7 there. If I could give 1 bit of advice it would be for the non a la carte staff to cheer up and make their guests feel more welcome especially the Negril staff at breakfast. A la carte staff were brill till our last night at Bubba's steakhouse where the guy that was our waiter was clueless delivering 5 out of 7 starters which were done before we called him for the other 2. he then brought cold main courses before we got up and left. a shame really cause our first visit at bubba's was brilliant. Most other a la carte menus had steak on them anyway and their staff were brilliant. The hotel was a bit isolated but there were taxis to take you any where and would stay with you all day for a reasonable price agreed before you set out. We took one to Negril beach, shopping and Rick's café for 20$ a head at our pleasure. An organised trip doing the same thing at their time booked through the reps was much dearer. Beautiful hotel, pools, beaches. overall a beautiful country. oh and by the way Red Stripe beer and Appleton's rum made it for me. Look forward to staying at any of the other Grand Palladium hotels to see if they match up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Palladium Hotel Group, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea