I went on vacation to Grand Palladium, Lady Hamilton on Sunday, June 23, 2013 through Thursday, June 27, 2013. The resort it self was clean and huge. Upon arrival room the was very clean but our air conditioner was broken. They sent someone right away to fix it but it didn't blow out a lot of air. The hotel was completely booked so we were not able to get another room. Our room was one of the last villas so we were away from the restaurants and the entertainment. It was a lot of walking and every time we tried to catch to car that would drive you around the resort it was always packed. Marvin the bartender was amazing, housekeeping was very polite. The best part of the resort was when I saw the housekeeping staff praying & singing to God before work. I am a Christian and that touched my soul. I am an African American and my husband and myself felt that the staff in the restaurants paid more attention to other cultures than us. (Are we not human?). I felt that there wasn't enough to do (in the shade) on the resort during the day. The beach was beautiful, the steak house was amazing, not too crazy about the jerk pit because the only rice they served everyday was seafood rice. When did an excursion to the Dunn's River Falls. During the ride the bus driver dropped us off at Burger King and said he had to get gas. What I didn't understand is that this is a business why wasn't the bus fueled before you picked us up. And why couldn't we stay on the bus. (I have a friend that lives out there and she said its all business that is a way for tourist to spend more money so they always take you somewhere when you do excursions). After we were done my husband had a $20.00 asked the tour guy for $18 back. He said is that all your giving me, I said yes and he said take your money and go.This pissed me off how dare you insult us we don't have to tip any of the workers. After all that is his job and didn't we pay to get to Jamaica, then paid to get to the Falls. Everything with them is money, money, money..we are not rich but wanted to be nice and tip everyone. Money from the tourists is a blessing from GOD. So I said I will take my money back to the USA and that is just what i did. I wouldn't buy anything else from Jamaica and I will not be returning to that country. Oh yea also at the airport we had to wait on the bus for 1 hour before they took us to the resort. During that time they kept trying to sell us things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea