I spent 5 nights, July 6-11, at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton with my wife and 2 children. We had a regular room not an upgraded suite. Our overall experience was excellent, although there were some initial hick-ups. Our room was suppose to be 2 queens, but all they had was a king with a pull-out. I'm easy going, so I said ok. Upon arriving in the room, 3622, we noticed a moldy smell. That night when I ran the air conditioner, the smell was too much for me. I turned the A/C off, opened the sliding glass door, and ran the ceiling fan. The next morning I explained the situation to the front desk, and they changed our room to one with 2 queens and there was no problem with the odor at all.
The room was very nice with a large clean shower and a jet tub. The room was well decorated, cleaned daily, stocked frig daily, and the patio area was quite nice. Really a very nice room with a digital safe and no visible wear to any furniture or amenities.
Resort Upkeep and Beaches:
The resort is extremely well kept. Grounds maintenance is really superior. All buildings, walkways, and restaurants are in excellent shape. The beaches are manmade and very nice, but the water is not turquoise blue and translucent. It is very nice water, but it's not like the beach water in Cancun or the Bahamas. Generally, Jamaica is a country with a rocky coast. With the exception of Negril, which is sandy beach, Jamaica is not really endless white sand. That said, the beaches at Lady Hamilton are very, very good and well maintained, but if you are looking for endless white sand, generally Jamaica is not really the place to find that. Water shoes are a good thing to bring anywhere in Jamaica.
Food and Restaurants:
The food was outstanding! All of the buffets had wonderful food and plenty of it. We tried every restaurant except the Italian and Indian ones. They were all very good, very professional, gourmet in quality and professionally presented.
The staff at Lady Hamilton were terrific. Many people on this website have commented that the staff are rude. I never found anyone that was rude. Everyone was very nice, and they were very nice before any tip was presented. The staff were very professional, very helpful, and not necessarily looking for tips. I was warm and pleasant with all of the staff I met, and they in turn gave warm and pleasant returns, good service, and warm smiles.
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton's location I should discuss. The resort is isolated. It is about a 5 min drive from the nearest town, Lucea. So, if you are looking to get in touch with the local Jamaican culture, this is not the place for you, Negril would be your choice. Lady Hamilton's Isolation does have advantages, it is private. No one will come up to you trying to sell you things at this resort. It also has a very safe feel to it. Lucea is interesting, and I did take a taxi into town. There is nothing touristy in Lucea to see beyond the local culture and dramatic difference in surroundings.
Day Trips Outside the Resort:
We did take 3 trips while at Lady Hamilton. We went zip lining, we swam with a dolphin, and we took an 8 hour trip into Negril while there. All 3 of these trips were fantastic highlights that we will always remember. There is much to tell, to much to tell here. It simply enough to say that they were worth ever extra penny we paid for those wonderful experiences that really enhanced our stay.
Overall I was impressed with the room quality, once my room was changed. I was impressed with the overall design of the property. I liked the architecture and decorations. The grounds were extremely well maintained. The beaches are very nice for manmade. The food was always good. The staff were very kind, pleasant and professional people. I recommend the resort to all, business, families with kids, solos and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea