“So Glad We Chose This Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Williamstown, New Jersey
“So Glad We Chose This Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just came back from this resort and the only real complaint I have is I wish I had stayed a few more days. All in all, this resort was great! It was a great value and it was beautiful! I don't care what you say, not one resort is perfect in everyone's eyes so you need to be the judge it yourself!

The Jr. Suite Rooms were spacious. I was afraid that the air would not work fro reading all the reviews. I stayed in Unit 2903 and my air was fine. As a matter of fact, we were freezing at night. Just remember, keep the spare key in the slot by the door at all times and your will not have any problems. This room is showing a little wear and can use some small new touches but all in all I was happy with it. Shirlaine did a great job cleaning our room and was pleased!

I was very surprised at the food. It was extremely good....not one complaint. I have traveled to quite a few Islands and I have to say this was really the best selection and tasting of food I have had. I visited the Italian, Asian, Steakhouse and Buffet option and they were all very good.

Beaches....sand is rough and rocky but, my favorite area was Sunset Cove. Loved it!

One tip drinks come in small cups....do yourself a favor and buy/bring a large plastic cup so you don't have to keep going back the getting drinks.....

One last question.....would I return? Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ChaCha0823
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your recent vacation here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one in which you were satisfied and enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer to our valued guests.

We welcome you to visit in the near future for another memorable vacation, nothing short of Grand.

Best Wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,347)
  • Polish first
Camden, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel was great. Food was better then I thought it would be. For the most part, everyone was very helpful. The staff was fun and nice, besides a few employees but there are always one or two bad apples in every bunch. The only thing is I always felt I had to tip for every little thing. We stayed in a junior suite and it was beautiful.
I am big on cleanliness and found myself comfortable in the hotel. The bath tub was dirty but i knew i wouldn't sit in it anyway. We would leave the room come back a few hours later and our room was cleaned and shoes lined up.
My only complaint is that the beaches are fake, and the pillows are flat and hard. The sand is heavy. There are three beaches, and one being for adults only, which i liked. I love that the resort has things for families, couples, and singles. There are adult only areas which i loved. I'm the kind of person that hates hearing kids or being around bad kids, especially when my child is not present. The plus was, of all the kids that were on the resort, I was not effected almost at all.
For the most part this hotel is great. I would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dreamer0512
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.
Penrith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just got home from an 11 night stay at this hotel and would definitely consider returning some day.

Check in was fine after approx a 40 min journey from airport and the rum punch was just what we needed whilst waiting in line.

We had requested a high room but were given a ground floor. We had a look about the room and felt it didn't seem very private if we were to sit outside so we returned to reception to see if we could change. The staff were very helpful and found us a room higher up within 10 mins. This second room was perfect for us!

Our room was 3414 which is quite a bit away from the main part of this hotel but we really liked having a walk in the morn and evening - it was always very peaceful at night around our block.

We found most of the staff about the hotel very friendly and pleasant. There's always a 'hi' from the gardeners, security, chefs etc. We ate at the Negril buffet a lot and the majority of the waiters & waitresses were polite and efficient with drinks and refills - there was just one waitress that served us a couple of times that really let her colleagues down with her unfriendly manner and not bringing drinks etc, but that was just one person out of an otherwise great team of staff. Needless to say, she didn't receive a tip from us. There's always one i guess!!

All the bar staff we were served by were great!!! We especially liked the Infinity bar, the views are grand and watching the sun set was our favorite time to have a red stripe there! Often live music on there from 9.30pm. Loved it in Miss Lou's too, nice and cool and you get a good cup of coffee plus specialty alcohol drinks.

The food was fabulous, always plenty of choice and great quality. We often ate early at all 3 meal times so never found the buffet or restaurants too busy.

The pools and beaches were nice and even though it's a busy hotel there was always plenty of beds. The smaller adult pool was good with a few comfy pads for the wooden beds but you were lucky to get one - had to get there early! We witnessed a bit of selfish behavior round the adult pool because of this!!

We booked through Thomson and their rep - Hyacinth - was excellent. Very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Would recommend this hotel for sure. We had a really fantastic time.

Room Tip: Higher floors feel more private. Block 34 is in a quiet location and a good walk away from all the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Bluemountain69
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review based off your recent stay here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. We are elated that you have enjoyed your vacation and all that our Resort has to offer. We are grateful for your positive comments about the accommodations, the delicious meals and the competent service received from our staff.

We look forward to your visit in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hello!,

First off - We sincerely apologize in regard to the "delay" of this review as we wanted to write it as soon as we came back, but we want to still share it as it's always "better late than never". Hopefully this will help some travelers who are debating on the BEAUTIFUL Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton.

My family and I have traveled all around the world and have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts (mostly 4.5-5+ star). The last time we traveled to Jamaica (Riu Negril), we passed by the Grand Palladium and the modern architecture immediately caught my eye. I told my husband that I definitely wanted to stay "there" the next time we came to the wonderful island of Jamaica.

We originally booked our vacation from late November - December 2012.

To make a long story short for the people who don't need "all" the details; put it this way.....We already had an extended vacation booked for 10 nights at the GP Lady Hamilton; we actually RE-EXTENDED that trip to 16 nights!! <-- That's how good it was!

Down below I will state some things they can improve on, but the service we received from the staff was impeccable. Many thanks to Jose T, Laura, Marvin and the rest of the GP Crew for making us feel like home over there.

We originally booked to stay at the lady Hamilton for 10 days. We had read some reviews and made arrangements with the hotel in regard to having 2 young kids (our oldest daughter was 2 and half years old and our youngest was only 6 months). They were very prompt and attentive to our needs (1st sign of a well managed place).

The hotel kindly placed us in a great location where everything was well accessible. The check in went great; easy and quick.

One of the shortcomings we had:
We walked into the room and it was beautiful. Spacious room with balcony and sitting area with yet another balcony. We were very impressed to say the least. The bathroom at first looked fine and we didn't spend too much time in the room. We changed and went to eat as we were very hungry.

That same evening, we came back and our normal night routine consists of bathing the kids before bed time. I went into the shower and I couldn't help but be taken aback by a strong odor. I called my husband to verify that I wasn't over reacting. He confirmed that there was a really bad smell coming from the shower. We called front desk and they said that they would get someone to call us. A little while later "Laura" called us. She expressed her concern and came right away to our suite (mind you, this is one of the Managers who was off-duty, so right away this showed that they are going above and beyond). She also confirmed the smell and made arrangement right away to switch our rooms in the morning.

Laura came back to us in the morning (as committed) and we expressed our concerns with respect to what happened overnight (uncontrollable things in a tropical place); however, she was very understanding, empathetic and genuine with respect to making us happy. Laura advised that she'll speak to her superior/director, and that's when we had the pleasure of meeting Jose T personally.

At first you would think that the Director(s) would not be as empathetic towards the situation as they probably deal with these types of matters on a daily basis; however, when we met him and explained everything, he was extremely empathetic towards the situation and wanted the opportunity to "make it right". My husband highly respected that, and also wanted to give him the opportunity. Jose expressed his sincere apologies and his disappointment with our experience thus far. He then proceeded to tell us that he wouldn't be happy unless we were happy.

Jose completely turned our negative experience, into one of the most wonderful trips we could have ever asked for. The room was changed to a suite with a breathtaking view (I honestly have never seen these types of "views" at other resorts; it was "serene" and isolated - unbelievable really. I would honestly pay the extra funds again if that room was still available during our next trip!

Once we walked into our suite, it was absolutely beautiful (again). This room was a corner suite; the balcony was private; yet, you were able to see an almost 360 view of Lucea and Negril!!
Wow!! And one of my biggest areas I look for is cleanliness. I am happy to say that the room was clean and spotless. They went out of their way to ensure my daughters' needs were taken care of as well as a courtesy bottle of rum for my husband. The bathroom was huge - Equipped with a 4 person Jacuzzi and an outdoor shower that later on became my favorite part of my night(s) and early morning(s). How many times can you say you showered while the stars shined on you?!?! BREATHTAKING.

The walk to the amenities/food seemed far at first but we later discovered that there were always shuttles on-site who would be at your door-step within 5 minutes if you made a call. The one driver who really sticks out is "Dex". Dex was fantastic. He was very personable and didn't give you the impression that he was only acting nice for tips, it was very genuine. Majority of the drivers were all great but Dex really stands out. He was prompt and polite and always thought of us.

To be completely honest, Jose and his assistant Laura deserve to be commended. Not many people can turn a negative experience into one of the best trips of a family's life! Jose's exceptional Management skills truly played the biggest part in completely restoring our faith.

Our experience wasn't just about the amenities/food, etc., which was EXCELLENT by the way, as that is one of our biggest decision factors when booking a vacation, but it was more-so the "service" we received from everyone.

It makes a world of a difference - especially with kids. Little "Hello's", "What's up's!" and "Ya Mon!" go a LONG way......and I truly believe that treating each other with courtesy and respect is the golden rule of life. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. I believe the service was stellar from majority of the staff we had the pleasure of meeting there. To Jose T - Hats off to you friend! I really hope you or Senior Management will read this one day. Our sincere appreciation - and now "heart" is with GP Jamaica/LH. So much so, that we already referred 6 families there :) :) - we have only heard great compliments from them so far as well.

That being said, some minor things that would be great improvement over the great service/amenites they already have going for them would be Room Service. If they could implement that factor somehow, even if it's on a lesser scale at first, it would be greatly appreciated by all, and I'm sure would bring your resort to the highest ratings, if it isn't there already. Also, the beach is not the greatest, but it is still very family friendly and you always have the option to go to 7-mile if the Beach is really important to you (Negril is actually very close).

That being said, the food there is AMAZING. Each and every restaurant had wonderful food, excellent selection, and even the buffet had great choices and good taste (with some spice/flavour - not bland). Bubba's was probably our favourite, but the other restaurants were very good as well. Bar Tenders for the most part were excellent too - Lamar was one of our favourites!!

The SPA was just UNBELIEVABLE - newly renovated and just "bliss". Truly a 5* experience there.

Once again, our sincere appreciation to all the staff there. Thank you SO MUCH for giving us a moment in time that will forever be etched in our lives.

Sam & Petra / The Gill Family / Rm: 3094.

Room Tip: Room 3094 - Probably THE BEST VIEW you will ever see. Ever.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Petra G
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear PetraG,

Firstly we would like to thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great knowing that you enjoyed all that we have to offer. We are elated that you were overly pleased with the professional approach of Jose and Laura, the Director and Assistant Director of Accommodations, in resolving the issue had with the room received upon arrival. We are glad that you were satisfied with the upgrade which was given.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

When this hotel was built in Jamaica, I knew that it will be a winner. It is just about full year round and rightfully so. Although, just a tad pricey, It boast comfort, service, ambiance and enjoyment all in the same breath. It is truly a FANTASTIC hotel. Has the longest/largest hotel pool on the island it wraps around them main building elegantly and will be even challenging for the best of swimmers. The food choices are outstanding and activities endless. The only downside for me is it is far away from my business activities and Montego Bay. However, if enjoyment, away from the hustle and bustle, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mjoytravel
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013

Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the GPLH from March 30 - April 11th (12 nights) We were married on April 2nd at 4pm. We had an amazing time at the GP Lady Hamilton. There were a couple of things that could have been better, but overall, it was amazing and we will be returning to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton for sure.

There are 3 things that I we thought could have been better:
1) We were planning on getting married on the Las Brisas Beach, but once we arrived we saw the gazebo overlooking sunset cove and it was so beautiful that we ended up changing our location from the beach to the gazebo. The beach location was ok, but the Pergola looks like it is slanted and falling over. Also, there are lots of regular guests using the beach and watching the wedding. We found that the Gazebo was much more private and it looked like it was meant for weddings. Also, we watched another wedding at the beach, and the beach is so windy at that location that all you could hear was the wind in the microphone that the couple were speaking into, and the bride's veil was blowing all over. The other beaches don't have nearly as much wind but this was another reason that we decided not to get married on this beach.

2) We had over $400.00 US stollen from our room on the night of the wedding. During the day, my 3 bridesmaids, my mother and mother in-law were getting ready for the wedding in my honeymoon suite. We had the bridal tea package during the day while we got ready for the wedding. There were two men who delivered the drinks and sweets to the room. At that time I went into my purse and took out tip money to give to the two men. They told us that they would return during the wedding to collect the left overs. We stayed in the suite the rest of the time to finish getting ready. We were picked up at 4pm to go to the ceremony and rushed out of the suite. My maid of honor and I forgot to lock up our purses in the safe because we were rushing out of the room to meet our driver. My maid of honor returned to the room 2 hours later to get our purses so that we would have them for dinner. When she went back into my room she saw that the two purses were open and all of the money in her purse, including her iPhone was gone. She immediately checked in my purse to see if anything was taken and all of my money was missing as well. I returned and searched my entire suite in panic to find that all of my money $350.00 US was taken plus she had $60.00 US + her Iphone taken as well. The next day I remembered that I had my second purse from home that I had left in my suit case. I remembered that I had $100.00 in it in Canadian money, but when I checked, it was also emptied. This shocked me because it meant that whoever took our money didn't just take what was left out on the counter. They went looking through all of my stuff to find it. My second purse was in my suitcase under a bunch of clothing.
We were warned to keep all of our important belongings in the safe, and we did do this every-other day, but on this particular day, there was just so much going on that we forgot and we regret it. My maid of honor spoke to another bride who was married in the same week at this resort and on the night of their wedding someone stole all of their wedding cards (with money) in them.
3) The kids club. We brought our 3 year old son with us and was hoping that we would be able to put him in the kids club, but it didn't seem like something that I would trust leaving him in without us. It was clean, but when we walked in, no one even looked up at us.

Thats all that I have to complain about. Everything else was perfect at this resort. We had 50 guests stay for one week. They all loved it here. The Lady Hamilton side is far better than the Jamaican side. It is closer to all amenities and the service is so much better. We went over to the Jamaican side a couple of times becuase we had a couple of guests on that side and the staff on that side were not as accommodating. It as almost comical how different the staff were from one side to the other. So, if you go, stay on the lady hamilton side only.
The food at this resort is great. I was impressed and so were all of our guests. I expected mediocre since its all inclusive but it was amazing! We tried all 7 a la carte restaurants. Make sure to make reservations every night. You can make them for a few days in a row. Make sure to book them before 2pm on the day of or the day before is best. If you don't have reservations you will not be able to eat for a few hours.
The Sunset Cove beach is the best beach. Make sure you don't waste any time anywhere else.
We did a couple of excursions. We did the catamaran and snorkelling one day. It was a blast. Probably my favourite one for sure. We also did zip lining. This was fun, but I don't know that Id do it again.
The staff there is great! Every-body is always smiling and willing to help. The only staff the never seem happy are the front desk staff. They seemed great when we first checked in but every-time I had to get a new room key or ask them something they always seemed annoyed, like we were wasting their time. They really need to get different staff for the front desk. The rest of the staff at the resort are awesome though. So luckily, we didn't need to talk to the front desk staff often.

Our wedding planner was Omeishia ~ She is AMAZING! I was so happy to finally meet her and see that she was even more helpful in person at the resort. She did a tour of the resort when we got there and showed us the 3 different options for the wedding ceremony. Then she showed us a wedding in process to give us an idea of what it would be like all set up. Then we went back to the wedding planning room to go over all of the details and sign the contract. She is very good at her job and we were really happy with her. :) The day of the wedding she met us and helped calm my son down and get him to walk properly down the isle. He's a busy boy, so this wasn't easy to do, but she managed to do it.

We stayed in bungalow 3131. It was such a great room. It's a honeymoon suite with an amazing view.
The maintenance staff ask everyone often if they "like to party" i.e. if you want to buy drugs. It gets a bit much, but if you say no they don't push it. They just ask every couple of days. Not a big deal, but it could be if you are worried about teenagers travelling with you, etc. Its just a bit annoying to be asked every day, but again, they don't push it or anything.
Another tip is to bring lots of $1.00 and $5.00 bills. (LOTS) We brought 50 - $1.00 bills and 50 - $5.00 bills and ran out half way through our trip. No one ever has change for larger bills. Never. We went to the front desk cashier and they never have change. The bars never have small change either. So just make sure to bring lots of small bills.
The only reason that we rated the rooms as very good instead of excellent was becuase of the mildew and constant moister in the room. We left our air on all the time or had the doors open but everything is constantly damp in the rooms and begins to smell musty right away. We tried to have the doors open as much as possible because this seemed to help get rid of it, but as soon as you leave and come back the room smells musty again. I guess there isn't much that they can do about this since it is because of the humidity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AprilinJamaica2013
Guelph
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Afternoon Everyone,

Sorry this review is several months late, you know how life and work can set you back. Well back in September of 2012 from the 22nd to the 29th, my girlfriend and I went to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and it was awesome. Now the flight and trip there was the stuff of hellish nightmares since I got badly sick, while still in Toronto International Airport. Due to rain our flight was delayed by about an hour so again while we circled Montego Bay International Airport and being sick didn't help.

Once we got to the resort though, my stomach settled and I got to enjoy our vacation. The were a ton of pros to this resort and a few cons, but overall this was a gorgeous hotel, with terrific staff and tasty food.

Pros:
- The grounds were gorgeous and being placed on the 3rd floor, villa 36 put us in short distances from the main pool, lobby, and the Sunset Cove Beach.
- The staff there were very friendly, always helpful. Yasen in guest relations sat down and listen to our concerns about the housekeeping times. Sure it didn't get fixed, but it was still nice. Andrea with Jamaican Tours helped us find a new excursion when the one we booked fell through.
- Loved the room, separate living area and that the upgraded the shower head in the shower mid week, when it didn't even need it.
- The food was great, went to three dine-in restaurants, and though only two of them blew us away, the servers Winston (Bubba's Roadhouse) and Rayon (El Mariachi) were the best. The girl who served us at the Italian restaurant was excellent too, but I forgot her name sorry.
- Archery ...... I love archery, the girl who provided us the bows and range was so friendly, sorry forgot her name.
- Ice cream from the sports bar was great, got to take it back to our room.
- Only got a chance to see one show, but it was good, and since it was off season, hardly anyone there. Seats Galore!!!!!

Cons:
- The pillows in the rooms were rock hard, woke up several times during the week with a sore neck and headaches. Had to put down a 25$ deposit to get a feather pillow. Should have packed my own pillow for the trip.
- Housekeeping was very unpredictable about cleaning our room. One day it was done when we got back from the pool at 1pm, most day however, it wasn't done until between 2-4pm. Having a set time range like 12pm to 2pm would have helped us plan better, maybe sleep in and swim later. Brought my concerns to guest relations (Yasen), but saw little to no improvement on this. I know the VIP's and honeymoon suites got cleaned first, I know because I work in the hotel industry for the last decade and know which rooms are prioritize first.

Overall, despite the hellish trip to the resort (which is not Grand Palladium's fault), my overall resort experience was very good, with just some minor improvements to housekeeping procedures.

I would highly recommend staying here, just bring your own pillow!!!! LOL

Room Tip: "Bring your own pillow, pillows in the rooms are hard as a rock" "Villa 36 had perfe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Managerofthenight
Greetings!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,783 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!