Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
LeMer Guesthouse & Villa(Lucea)(Great Value!)
$96
$68
$299
$235
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Rhodes Beach Resort Negril(Green Island)(Great Value!)
$144
Travelocity
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$306
$443
$1,213
$472
5,671 results
All reviewsgrand palladium lady hamiltonadult poolinfinity barjerk hutsports barmain poola la carte restaurantssteakjerk chickenimperial cluboutdoor showerhoneymoon villasunset cove beachseafoodmontego baywater sportsour favourite
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed from March 17 to March 24 and booked with Air Transat. We arrived at the hotel late Sunday night, and check in was quick, though I was the 2nd in line and the line up was rather lengthy when I left for my room. We had booked a 1 bedroom Suite and were upgraded to a Honeymoon Villa.

As for the location of the resort overall, it is set apart from everything sort of on its own, but we were aware of this prior to booking, and to be honest this is part of the reason we selected it. You cannot go out "walking", and there is no public transportation. A believe they said a taxi to Negril would run about $75 to $100 American.....

Our room was on the 2nd floor, and had a beautiful view of the water. The room was clean and well-equipped - our fridge was stocked everyday with 2 of everything. The bed was a little too hard for me, but my husband slept great and there were extra pillows in the closet. There was a few broken tiles on the floor and the couch in the room was a bit run down, but overall, I'd have to say we had no complaints!!!

I'd read a lot of reviews about the size of the resort, and the corresponding walking involved. Our room was near the end of the rows of villa's and honestly, I just don't understand why everyone is so negative. Yes, it might have been a 10 minute walk, but the scenery is beautiful everywhere you turn here, who cares if you have to walk a few minutes to the main building!? Plus there are covered walk paths, so if you prefer, you can even walk in the shade.

The buffet food was alright, lots of variety!! Sometimes I did find some of the selections not quite at the right temperature (hot food that was cold). The "made to order" sections usually did have line-ups, but they moved relatively quickly. Most of the time we made other selections. There was never a shortage of bacon despite people taking plate fulls of it!!!!! We ate at the Sports bar frequently for lunch (sandwhiches, burgers, fries etc), and the Jerk Hut was delicious. We dined at the Steak House for dinner twice (AWESOME !!!!!!!!) and the Italian once. The service was a bit slow at the Italiian, but there is a self-serve salad bar and they keep your drink filled right up, so who really cares if you have to wait a bit longer for your entree.

There were plenty of lounge chairs available through out the week at both the pools and each of the beaches. We brought our own snorkelling equipment and found it to be best at the Adult Beach. Had no difficulty exchanging our beach towels.

We agreed to attend a sales presentation for their Palladium Travel Club, in exchange we received a $75 exercusion coupon. The presentation was a joke! They take you to the buffett for breakfast, ask you a bunch of questions then proceed to take you back to the office and then the finance manager tries to sell you at $15k vacation package. I said I was going to think about it, and the guy was soooo incredibly rude I'd NEVER consider the Palladium travel Club after that. We did get our promised gift without any issue.

We went on a few excursions - Black River Cruise, YS Falls, Appleton Rum Factory, Dolphin Swim, Magaritaville, Rick's Cafe and shopping in Negril. They were all fantastic. We had the same tour guide twice, she was fantastic I wished I could recall her name!! She was very informative, and gave excellent tips on everything we were doing.

The people of Jamaica are fantastic, all the staff at the hotel were great. I never felt pressure to tip, nor were we directly asked for tips at the resort. We were only pressured once, and it was outside the resort in Negril when leaving Ricks Cafe - lots and lots of vendors trying to sell you just about everything including children trying to sell little wafer bars -- that was very sad.

Overall, it was fantastic trip the resort is well kept and beaufiful. I would definetly recommend!! thank you Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton.

2  Thank natasha886
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Lady Hamilton from March 15 - 22, 2013. We arrived at the resort at around 10:30 so our room was not going to be ready until 3 (typical) so we left our bags and headed down to the pool - beach volleyball and entertainment was going on / swim up pool bar as well... at around 1:30 our room was ready PERFECT... Our suite was 2936 and I would definitely recommend Building 29. We were seconds away from the Adult only pool and beach which was where we spent most of our time. The view was simply amazing and the rooms were clean. Here are a some points to note.

Room: Clean room - two double beds and a pull down bed (as there were three of us this was perfect). There were tiny bugs in the bathroom - but they don't bite, they were small so you had to look to really notice them... apparently you can have the maid spray some insect repellent but we didn't bother. There was a beer opener in the bathroom which due to the angle sprayed beer every which way when opening .... not sure if this was just ours or they are all like that... if you like to have a beer in your room I would suggest bringing your own opener). There was a huge jet tub and large shower. The shower did leak the first day, just be aware of where you are adjusting the shower head and it shouldn't be a problem.

Service:
The maids came every day, but due to our suite being one of the last suites in the building (2936) they came late every day (around 3:30 - 4) with the exception of day before leaving Jamaica. We would normally get up every morning without showering go to the beach or the pool / have breakfast and lunch and then without fail when we were ready to shower the maids would be in our room cleaning ... kind of a drag but nothing to write home about.
There were three of us, as previously mentioned but they only stocked two beer/two water/pop. One day we had called because no one had replenished the beers/water, the lady at front desk said they would send someone over, we had to call three times over a two hour period still no one showed up. Luckily we were right next to the pool bar... so no biggie ... They did end up coming up later on that night while we were out but only stocked two beer even though we had requested three. A couple of days later, they stocked three.

Food:
We mostly ate at the Buffet which was GREAT lots of selection -no complaints. We also tried two a la cartes - The italian and the Steak house ... which were both great. The steaks were very thick so bring your appetite and although I didn't mind, the medium rare was more on the rare side (likely due to the thickness of the steak). There was also a long wait even though we had reservations... we took a seat at the bar to wait, so we were happy.

Beach: The Adult only beach was awesome (rocky though so bring your water shoes). Snorkelling was very cool, lots of fish and pretty coral. I would recommend bringing a snorkel with you if you like that sort of thing and bring bread from the buffet to feed the fish
The main beach (where the non-motorized water sports can be found) - sorry can't remember names- was huge with a lot of beach chairs) - The jerk hut is a must but no alcohol is served at the hut - there is a restaurant close by where you can grab a bevy. There was not any seating that I could see so we took our plates down to the beach to eat.

Excursions:
We went to the Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain, and Rick's Cafe/Shopping - all were fantastic. By far my fav was mystic mountain - We paid 185 each went to Dunn's River Falls, and Mystic Mountain were we bobsled and ziplined - awesome! We left at 7:20 and didn't get back until 6 that night so long trip but worth it (two and half hour bus ride there and back) - Bring beer! :)

Entertainment: Other than the last night before leaving (a thursday - there wasn't much going on). The dancers on the last night were fantastic

All and all it was a fabulous resort - grounds were kept nice and the buildings/lobby are beautiful. I would definitely return to this resort and of course JAMAICA MON - great spot to vacation :)

Room Tip: 2936- outside the pool bar but we didn't hear anything once the sliding doors were closed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm and executive assistant and plan corporate events for our company; I recently hosted an event for about 52 people in 27 rooms and suites in Montego Bay/Lucea Jamaica in December of 2012.

With 10 restaurants; and 13 bars all inclusive this is an awesome spot for someone looking for the most bang for his or her buck. The stafff was great and the rooms were all very well appointed.

We did get a little visit from a small geco, and the crickets in Jamaica are a little louder than normal, but not bad enough for it to bother your vacation. This is a great destination. Go for it, I'm sure you'll have a great time, as did everyone in my group!

Room Tip: Ask for a One Bedroom Suite with a view of the water; you'll get an room with a double balcony and great sunset views! Enjoy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

wow just got back after an amazing 2 week holiday and wedding. We was a little dissapointed not to get an up grade when we first got there but after seeing our room we were more than happy. Our room was in villa 35 which gave us a sea view and amazing sun sets. We had no trouble getting sun beds by the main pool where we spent most of our time. the food is exceptional, all the resturants and the buffet never disapointed us, the waiting staff always very pleasant and generous with the water and wine.The entertainment wasn't to our taste but if you like dance you will be happy with it. Our wedding was amazing, we was made to feel very special, the photographer (true colors) gave us the most spectacular photos of our special day. Everything was NO PROBLEM !!! yeah man!

Room Tip: Our room was well situated for the Gazebo for the wedding, quiet and wonderful sun sets. villa 35 room 28
2  Thank judith h
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear judith d,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Congratulations on your wedding! We are elated that we were the chosen Resort to host such a special event and we are happy knowing that it was an amazing experience. We also appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer. We welcome you to visit us again in the future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here 15th-22nd March, myself and husband. We had the most fabulous time, from the moment of check in when you are greeted with a rum punch whilst you fill in your check in form to the moment we said goodbye.
Our room was in villa 37 on the Lady Hamilton side of the resort ( if you are travelling First Choice/Thomson this is the side they use) in my opinion it was the best side as you were near to the beaches and only a 5 min walk to main area/ infinity pool.
The room was gorgeous, cool with a lovely big balcony and a sea view. Cleaned every morning whilst we were at breakfast.
To be honest we are not pool people ( prefer the beach) so i can't really comment on them although when we were walking round resort they looked immaculate. Infinity bar seemed quite noisy as this was where the younger people hung out but there were plenty of quiet areas to use. Went past the spa pool one afternoon and there was not a soul there!
Of the beaches ( all were lovely) we tended to use sunset beach which was beautiful although it did tend to get a bit busy in the afternoon but there was always loungers available. Sea here was amazingly clear and warm.
Coral beach was also lovely, adults only, just down a few steps from the adults only pool. This beach was stonier but still lovely and very peaceful.

Food was fantastic, we never used the a la cartes as we always found the buffet to have plenty of choice from an Italian corner to a Jamaican corner and everything in between, never had a bad meal, food was constantly refreshed as soon as it ran out. Drinks with meals were constantly filled up. As soon as you sat down staff were there with iced water and an order taken for drinks, we were always being asked if we wanted more!

Previous reviews have mentioned bad service if you didn't tip? To be honest we decided early on that we would tip at the end of the week as there were so many staff that if you tipped them all you would very soon run out of money ( we were on a budget!) We did tip the maid and minibar man every couple of days, but the buffet and bar staff at the end of the week and can quite honestly say we never got bad service! Never sat waiting for drinks or being ignored.
Whilst i am mentioning staff, can't leave this without mentioning Hyacinth the First Choice rep who was awesome!! Always about in reception she was friendly, approachable and very knowledgeable!

I can't leave this review without mentioning my one niggle.
The tea/coffee machine in the room was awful, i like a cup of tea first thing in the morning ( sad i know!) but the machine never seemed to boil? I waited 3/4 hr once and water was still tepid. If you are like me it might be best to take a travel kettle. ( you could get take out tea from the sports bar but it was shut between 7 and 9 am)
All in all though if you want a relaxed holiday with great food and drink and fab people, this is the resort for you!
Loved every minute of it and wish i was still there!!

5  Thank andrea s