Just arrived back from the GPLH. I have to say after reading the negative reviews that these people are either resort snobs or were not at the same hotel we were! I would rate this resort a solid 4 star to a 4.5 star. There are a lot of stairs and a fair amount of walking due to the size of the resort so if you have mobility issues you may want to take that into consideration.
Upon Arrival, check in was smooth, our room was spacious, clean and in a great location (Villa 37). We had the Transat Imperial Club and recieved our welcome gifts and fruit platter. Our room had 2 robes and slippers and everything worked as it should. Turn down service was lovely, they would even replenish the towels and toiletries at night so you would have fresh for the morning.
Restuarants: The buffet was very good, lots of selection, and everything was hot and well stocked. Especially good breakfasts, with lots of mimosas.
Be sure to make reservations for Bubba's Steakhouse. This restuarant was extremely popular and in my opinion the best on the property. We ate there twice, and I had Filet Mignon twice. It was some of the best Filet I have ever had, tender, juicy and cooked to perfection.
The Lotus was good too, great presentation and nice to have an asian restuarant that was not a Hibachi grill setting. The night we were there, they had no Sake, and our waiter was having an off night. The Indian restuarant was very tasty and they served the food in little pails with warmers. Very cute presentation. Had great service here, our waitress anticipated our every need. I would recommend trying even if you don't really know much about Indian food.
The Jerk hut had great chicken, tender, juicy and spicy.
Visit the Miss Lou Bar. Great service and they serve the top shelf liquors there. They did run out of Gran Marnier and Southern Comfort while we were there, but there were other yummy things to choose from.
Spa: The pool was drained and refilled while we were there. They actually have a jacuzzi that is "hot" along with a medium temperature one and a cool one. These services are all included so be sure to visit.
Beaches: Not long walking beaches for sure. The sand is not white powder, but it was fine. There are 4 distinct beaches. Some are more private than others, and some are better for laying out at. Tim found the snorkeling at Coral beach to be the best on resort, especially if you swim out a ways. The water was very calm, and easy to swim in.
Service: We found the Jamaican people to be very friendly and give good service. They always spoke to us and asked how our vacation was. I asked for a few particulars for our room, such as cushions for our patio chairs and an extra blanket and they were taken care of promptly with a smile. We needed to change our dinner reservations a couple of times and that was handled smoothly and efficiently as well.
We found the resort to be very pretty and kept up well. I had read some reviews about infestation by cats, I will tell you that we saw 3 cats, each one at a separate time and there was NO infestation. I also had read about problems with sand fleas at the beach, and did not encounter any of those either. I
The only negative experience I had was when booking our excursions with the Transat reps. They were not very organized and booked the wrong excursion for us. When I pointed that out, they argued with me and said I must be mistaken and go ask my husband, which I proceeded to do. I was not mistaken. When I went to book an additional tour, I was told that one was not available. When I pointed out that his partner had told us the day before it was available, he said again, we were mistaken. I mentioned to Tim that they should get more organized and he overheard and proceeded to argue with me about how things do not go smooth in Jamaica. Is it not a tour reps job to ensure that things go smoothly? This was a source of irritation, but I did NOT let it ruin my stay in what can only be described as Paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea