Revisited the GPLH from 1st - 11th Feb. Stayed in Villa 32 excellent location for us quiet with lovely ocean view and fantastic sunsets.
Only went to the evening buffet once, as it was the same food as lunchtime. The Al a carte restaurants were mostly good, Italian not so, but always a huge queue at the Steak Bubbas, waiting well over an hour due to reservations from better 'bands'.
Music upstairs was good with steel bands, the Main shows were OK but very samey every night.
We tried the main pool several times, but the noise level was too loud, after a few minutes you had a headache... but the staff were having a great time. The daytime entertainment could have been more varied and more pleasurable.
The sports bar, with ten TV's all on different channels, was again very noisy. The food here basic.
We are table tennis players and it was too hot in there for this sport, it needed to be near the tennis
courts. There was an archery range here but no targets. In the sports bar there were three pool tables, but only two ques that had an end on, so lots of people wanting to play, but let down by rubbish equipment.
The gym and spa were still good, everything working. But coming back in the dark everynight, we were triping up over the broken paving and uneven ground, where it had sunk and not been repaired.
The beaches are great, one peaceful and windy, ideal for us. Another in a small pretty cove, next to the adults pool and bar and a sporty beach with windsurfers, sailing, canoes & pedaloes. Next to Jerk hut & beach cafe for lunch. Varied menu and very enjoyable. The beaches are rocky with stingrays,
so shoes needed. Snorkling, very basic, nothing much to see.
Two good locations for weddings, one on the beach with turquoise sea, excellent for photographs.
The better one was on the cliff, one wedding had a steel band playing, it was lovely. The staff were very well organised and all the couples who got married looked very happy.
This Hotel opened in 2008 and we were really enjoyed our first visit. BUT the Fiesta Hotel group need to invest some money in replacing furniture and equipment as its looking worn out and past its best.
But on the whole, we would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea