Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
quad cities
“yea mon”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

we had a great time the resort is wonderful. only one bad thing to say. the sports bar sucked the food was very bad. the drinks were bad the service so so. the only thing good there were the french fries. the rest of the resort is awesome beautful view the people there are great!!!!!
this part has nothing to do with the resort. apple tours are good for some things but it would be worth your time to check out jammin jamaica tours and ask for Kevin. great driver guide and very nice person.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank suzette o
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear suzette o,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review about your vacation here at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. Despite the fact that the food and beverage at the Sports bar was not to your liking, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the other aspects of our Resort. We trust that you enjoyed the meals and beverage served at our a la carte restaurants, buffets and bars, as we ensure that we have a wide variety of delicious items to cater to our guests.

We would love to have you stay with us in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,369)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, BC
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We loved everything about this resort, from the staff to the food. We have travelled to many all inclusives in Mexico and this was our first time to Jamaica and we will definitely be back. From the restaurants to the buffets, it was incredible. My husband loved the pasta bar at the buffet at lunch or dinner. On Sunday, the buffet had Roast Turkey... it was so awesome!
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable. We had some minor issues in our room and Myrtle was the cleaner supervisor of our building, Number 27 and was prompt in having the issues dealt with quickly. Our cleaner, Sharon was excellent everyday!
The Infinity Bar was incredible, as were the staff. It was disappointing that at 11pm they served drinks in plastic and if you were to leave the bar, you needed to pour your drink into plastic, as they don't want the glasses in other areas of the hotel.
We were in Building 27, which was close to all amenities, but honestly, we would not have minded being in the furthest building. As we see it, what do you have to be in a hurry to get anywhere... take your time and enjoy the walk... someone is preparing your meal and making your bed!!

Anyhow.. it was fantastic all around. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nettiez
Dear nettiez,

Thank you for sharing with us your review. It is clear that you did enjoy all that our Resort has to offer. We are elated that your vacation experience was well spent and are grateful for your positive comments.

It is delightful knowing you enjoyed the delicious meals and dining experience at the buffet and a la carte restaurants. We are glad that you loved the comfort of the accommodations as we aim to make our guests feel right at home. I will be sure to pass your kind words to Myrtle and Sharon.

We would love to have the opportunity of hosting you in the near future as it was our pleasure having you with us on this visit.

Best Wishes.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Room was great -- Food was great -- People were great -- The best part of this resort was Sunset beach (great location and views) and the Jerk Hut. If you want an amazing drink and good quality booze you can find it at Miss Lou's. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank courtee88
Valparaiso, Chile
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in this wonderful resort and had a great time!!!
This place is made for people who want to relax and have a good time.

Every night they had great shows in the theater and afterwards always something nice was going on at the infinity bar... Live Music... dont miss the pastry show...You have to see the chocolate statues!!!
Bartenders at the infinity bar are great mon, always friendly and the service rocks!!!

My Wife tried the Spa and was very happy with the service there.
The food was first class (try the jerk chicken at the poseidon beach).
You will find all kind of different restaurants Mexican, Italian, Indian, Jamaican even a steakhouse.
The entertainers do a great job thank you Jors and Romeo.
Everybody starting with the bellman, reception, housekeeping, bars and restaurants was friendly and welcoming!!!
Jamaica No Problem Mon!!!!
WE WILL BE BACK SOON!!!
JAH MON!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alejo777
Dear alejo 777,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful vacation experience. We are elated to know that you have had an amazing time here at the Grand Palladium.

It is great that you fully enjoyed our entertainment and the entertainment team. You also made mention of the live bands by the Infinity bar and also the pastry show, which is held every Tuesday night.

We are grateful for your kind words about our friendly and hard working team of ladies and gentlemen, who are there to assure our guests satisfaction.

We would love to host you again in the near future so you may once more enjoy a fabulous vacation, nothing short of Grand!
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After much planning and saving this was by far the best getaway I've had. Jamaica has been in the making for me for over 30 years and I finally had the absolute pleasure of enjoying it with my family and friends.
The weather was beautiful the whole week including the rain that dropped for 5 minutes the morning of the wedding we were there for. Seeing a double rainbow over shadowing the resort was awesome and watching the weather clear up instantly just made the day that much sweeter.
The food was very tasty everywhere we dined and the buffets usually had my Jamaican favourites most of the time.
The staff, what can I say. They are like family now. From the excellent entertainment crew always making sure you were having a great time (Hi Sunshine aka `mout a massy`lol take that girlie girl) always trying to get me to speak patwa to all the staff. These ladies and gentleman that put on the shows and run around all day and still fit in a practice routine are the `Hardwest working people in show business` Hands down! Watching them all day having laughs with each other, pasting their boss unexpectingly with cake and getting away with it shows that they love what they do and have a great time doing it. Big up to my breddah`s and sista`s. The shows are very entertaining and sometimes a little racy for small children but very entertaining non the less.
To Lawrence the bartender.... Much respect! always made sure my rum punch had that little extra punch and made my kids slushy drinks colourful and fun for them as well.
To Marvelyn, our housekeeper....I have never seen anyone work that hard and with such pleasantry at all times. My kids always loved when they came back to our room to see what wonderful towel and flower sculpture they were going to see. You always went that extra mile for us and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
To Nicolette in the buffet. Always making the effort to come say hi wether you were serving us or not. Talking to my kids all the time and slowly getting Liam to actually speak to you and introducing Olivia to Olivia.
Its amazing how the fine, hard working individuals can remember almost everybody`s name for the duration of your stay and make you feel like part of the Palladium Family.
As a whole i give this resort a 10 out of 10. Now that my expectations have been set so high from our experience it`s going to be tough to beat.
We thank you `People of Palladium`from the bottom of our hearts and we know our friends who are now spending their honeymoon alone in your care are in the greatest of company.
Big up uno dem!
One Love

Room Tip: If you like to be near the pool, bar and main building I recommend 26,27,28. If you like a little mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I just got back from the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton on Tuesday. We were supposed to be back Saturday, but due to the Blizzard of 2013, we were stranded - if that's what you want to call it - for an extra 3 days. Yes, my family and friends were all jealous, as they should be. Thank God we bought travel insurance!

I'll start by saying that we had an awesome time. The resort is gorgeous, and the rooms were beautiful, or as my husband says, "Top Notch." 99.9 percent of the staff were extremely friendly and polite with the exception of one grumpy bus driver, but when he came to pick us back up, he was in a much better mood.

The food was for the most part was excellent. Since we were there for 10 days, we got to eat at all of them. The Poseidon was the best. The muscles were the biggest and tastiest I've ever seen with sauce you just want to drink!!! All of the rest were very good, too. I think, the Jamaican restaurant would be my second favorite, and the Asian my third favorite. The Italian was just okay to us, but I think that might be from being married to an Italian and living in Boston where the Italian restaurants are incredible.

As far as the rooms, we were in Building 26, Room 2618, a one-bedroom suite, and it was ideal.. It was very close to the pool with two balconies both overlooking the ocean. The cleaning ladies were wonderful. Our first day there were little tiny sand ants in the bathroom, but they came and sprayed whatever they spray, and we didn't see another one the next 10 days. The bed was a little on the firm side for me but comfy enough. After all of the fun and sun, you're going to crash no matter what anyways. If you were out on the balcony at night, you could hear the music, but no problem. I liked it. My only problem with the room was the refrigerator. It wasn't cold enough, and they refused to stock more than 2 waters, 2 beers, and 2 sodas for 2 people. If you wanted more, you had to get it at a bar or buy it at the store, which was pretty expensive, but we did it anyways. When we were in Punta Cana last year, all you had to do was ask. Oh, yeah. That was the other grumpy person, the refrigerator stocker. You'd think you were asking for his first born or something.

Speaking of music, you have to check out the bands out on the deck in front of Ms. Lou's. Really good and got everybody dancing. Oh, gees. My husband just walked in with Valentine's Day candy. Like, I really need that after 10 days at this place. I'm terrified to go on the scale!!

Now the spa! The Spa!! You have to book at least one massage here. They were so good I had three. Doreen and Fiona were my two massage therapists, and they both rocked. I've had low back pain for years, and each time I saw them, for the first time in a LONG time, I was pain-free for a good two days. The pools and jacuzzis looked nice, but I just used the one in my room.

My only real qualm with this resort are the beaches. The best one was Sunset Cove. It had the Jerk Hut which was very tasty, and the beach itself wasn't too rocky. After a couple of ooches and ouches before you hit water, you were in the ocean on nice soft sand and nice warm water. The other couple of beaches over by the main lobby were incredibly rocky with a lot of ooches and ouches, even with the water shoes. Water shoes are annoying. I guess, mine didn't fit right or something. They were filling up with sand.

As far as the pools, all I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!! It was much more fun over by the pool. Plenty of palapas and bars, even though it took quite a while to get over to the swim-up bar, but it was worth it in the end. Alex and the boys were a lot of fun and on the ball. We met tons of people at the bar. Hi to all of our Canadian friends!! Great people, lots of fun, and MAN, do they party.

For the excursions, we went to Dolphin Cove and just played with the dolphins. Maybe, we will swim next time. It was nice, but the catamaran cruise was really great. We did the Montego Bay 3:00 p.m. three-hour cruise, so we could see the sunset on the ocean. It was a boat for 70 people with only 14 of us plus the crew. It was like having a private boat. We stopped in Margaritaville (a total tourist trap), but it was fun still. My favorite part of that was when the Jamaican lady selling trinkets told me I shake my booty very well. I was cracking up laughing. Now, that's a compliment!

I also would like to thank Shernette for her help in making arrangements for our 3 days of being "stranded" in Jamaica. She was super nice and very helpful.

In summary, I would DEFINTELY come back to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, although we might try Negril, too, as I've heard the beaches are much better with nice white sand and no rocks. It's the wonderful people of Jamaica that make me a huge fan, and I can't wait to go back.

So ignore the negative reviews. These are all people that just like to complain and really shouldn't travel or reviewers paid by other resorts to write negative reviews. You will really enjoy the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton.

Sorry no pics. Didn't upload them yet, but everything looks pretty much exactly as it does on the website.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk a lot, choose Building 26 or 28. The one-bedroom suite was fantastic!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Valerie J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

During the early hours of Sunday 28th October 2012 my family and I were awoken by a highly intoxicated guest, Banging on our door at 03:00am, We explained that he must have the wrong room and tried to close the door at which time he began to barge his way in. We had to wrestle with him to close the door he began kicking and punching it with such force it came off it's hinges. Then went to the rear of the suite where he proceeded to smash the patio doors. We sat amongst broken glass for 8 hours whilst waiting for a room change. Many of the other guests were witness to the destruction of our room and were appalled.
To date the hotel have shown no interest whatsoever, other than to charge the guest with criminal damage which he paid for so charges were dropped. No consideration for my family their attitude was that the guest was off the resort escorted by police, we changed rooms, what more can we do?
I have since written to Thomson’s, Tui and the Palladium, and the only response was from Tui 21/12/12 to say they empathise and are sorry but nothing they can do……………….

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Caroline E
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Regarding this incident, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences. Despite we have security staff members to provide the best care at all times, unfortunately, this not always happen and due to the size of the resort it cannot be guaranteed.

Sorry if you consider that our staff did not deal very professionally with the matter. At management level, we tried to find a solution offering you our apologies and a compensation for the inconveniences but unfortunately you never agreed. We are really sorry to hear that this matter caused you a terrifying experience and a bad image of the resort but unfortunately, not all the guests behaves as desired causing situations that escape to our control.

Best regards

Jose Torres
Accommodations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,920 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!