“The Best Resort Ever Paradise”

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Toronto, Canada
“The Best Resort Ever Paradise”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to this resort a week stay from Sept 29th to Oct 6 2012. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room and resort was very beautiful and breath taking. Im the type that would have my child with me at all times never wanting to leave my child with anyone but the staff at the kids club were wonderful big up Bubbles, Nadine, Barbie and Spice. They did a lot of activities with the kids and kept them entertained day and night , every morning my son would ask me to go there he enjoyed the kids club. The food was great ! especially the jerk hut and the oriental food I cant remember the name of it but the sushi was mouth watering so good. The staff were on point, I would leave my room in the morning for breakfast and when I would return my room would be cleaned and restocked . The nightly shows were great and funny I loved how they got people from the crowd to participate. The only thing I didn't like was people smoking cigarettes there should be designated areas for them it only bothered me cause I didn't want my child inhaling the smoke, the walk ways are outside so that's probably why it's okay for them to do so. On the last day of my stay my ride that I had arranged to the airport was not able to take me and the staff held their bus for us and helped us get on it quickly. My conclusion this place was great, I feel this resort is good for any sort of trip I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Natalie797
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Greetings!

It is wonderful that you took the time to share your feedback based off your recent vacation at our Resort. We are elated that you have had such a wonderful stay and that we were able to meet and exceed all your expectations. We appreciate your positive comments about the food, entertainment and the general accommodations which you had. According on your review, it is clear that you enjoyed your vacation and I trust that you will be back in the near future to be hosted once more in true Palladium Style!

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
  • Polish first
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

have recently returned from the Lady Hamilton. if you like a large pool this is the place for you, i have never been in a pool so big, however the beaches are not quite as golden as i thought they would be. At the same time it was still very nice the only thing was that the sun loungers were really dirty and not that inviting to sit on at all. The other issue that we had during our stay was the music by the pool just to LOUD, being 50 my boom boom days are over thank you, even my wife thought it was alittle too much and she never moans about anything other than me.
Now for the good bit, we found the food to of a very high standard the hotel is clean regardless of what other people my say, the bars were well stocked and we could get a drink anytime of the dayif we needed it. This is a really big hotel with lots of space to go with it.
the staff at this hotel are brilliant they don't stop smiling, talking to you, making you feel that are on a very special holiday, which was difficult for me as i like to moan about something, even the grumpy pool towel lady made me smile.
To the manager of this hotel can you thank your staff for making our holiday really special. If you have booked to go to the lady himilton then you will have really great holiday and return home feeling relaxed and with a big smile on your face.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 3228 which was very quite with a sea view
5 Thank WilfandAl
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Wilfand Al:

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time out to leave your review. We are elated that you and your wife have had such a fantastic vacation with us. We are always grateful to receive feedback about our staff as we work assiduously to assure our guests have memorable vacation experiences.

It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity of hosting you. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if there is anything at all we can do from this end.

Best Regards,
Birmingham
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'd read quite a few reviews prior to booking this hotel, some good some bad. Having just returned from two weeks at the Grand Palladium I can honestly stay that it was not a mistake to book, we have had a wonderful time. I'm actually surprised looking back at some of the reviews and don't really know what people are looking in for in a hotel if this establishment is poor or even average.

I'll try and keep the review short and sweet.

The hotel is actually two in one, the Lady Hamilton and Jamaica hotel. The hotels are both joined and you can use the facilities at both. Having said this you may expect the 'common' parts (restaurants, bars and pools) to be packed and overally busy, but we never found this, it was always very easy to find a seat and a lounger.

Check in - Quick and easy, we were given a cocktail on arrival and us and are bags were taken quickly to our room.

Rooms - We had a junior suite which was large with a sofa and table and chairs, two double beds. With bathroom that had shower and seperate large whirl pool bath. Complimentory, shower gel, shampoo, bath gel, sewing kit, comb(?), soap and shower cap, fresh ones provided each day. Air con worked very well and the room was always kept cool. Mini bar also provided and restocked each day. The only one negative I had about the room was it did lack a little draw space, and limited coat hangers. Bathrobe and slippers also provided.

I'm usually quite a poor sleeper even on holiday but I managed to get very good night sleep here, you can also request a different hardeness of pillow if you don't like the one provided.

Restaurants - 7 A La Carte

Bubba Steak house (Wonderful, ate here twice and both times were great. Food included, salad bar, selection of starters, T Bone, Lamb chops, Fillet steak, Pork chops etc and a selection of desserts, cheese cake, fruit, etc)

Lotus - Oriental (Wonderful, also ate here twice, suchi, duck, spring rolls (watch out for the wasabi, very hot) and a selection of oriential desserts. Highly recommended.

Xychamca - creole (again wonderful, jamiacan based dished, salad bar and traditional dessert, the rum cake was fab)

Bhogali - Indian (this was ok, we visited once, but must say not as good as the others)

Posidan - Fish (Again fantastic, selection of fresh fish, chicken, salad, some dishes created my M.Star chef)

Reggatoni - Itianlian (Again great, Selection of itianlian starters, pizza, pasta and meat dishes, no problem also if you want to be traditional itialian and have starter, followed by pasta, followed by meat dish and dessert)

Mexican (Again great, traditonal mexican, starters, mains and desserts)

Bars - 13 bars including a sports bar which also did snack, mainly friend foods and wraps, also a freezer full of ice cream that you could help yourself too. Miss Lou bar with piano and coffee and snacks and infinity bar with bands and traditional music in the evenings.

Also 2 buffet restaurants for hot and continental breakfasts including ommletts cooked to order, hot luch including pannini, sandwiches and baguettes cooked to order. Evening meal also avaliable here but we didn't use for this.

Large selection of spirits, soft drinks, cocktails etc. The wine was also great but 'managers' selected wine was also avaliable charge by the bottle or glass.

Entertainment - Childrens and adult entertainment and activities avaliable all day from water polo, volley ball, 'olymipcs', dance and language lessons. The evening entertainment was good, but they repeated the same shows each week and some on the dancing was a bit out of time. They also did Mr and Mrs show and Karaoke.

Also a casino with gaming and a disco, can't really comment as did not frequent. Also tennis, football and mini golf.

Hotel also has a gym with cardio equipment and weights, the equipment was not the best but you can put up with it for a couple of weeks, lots of path for a spot of running if you fancy it. Also a spa with lazy river and sauna etc.

Hotel is not in Mobay its in lucea, but lots of tour people and taxi people in the hotel should you wish to go there, they also do tours and trips. Negril sunset trip amazing. Also a trip to lucea is well worth it especially at the weekend for a real taste of Jamaica life.

We found the majority of staff polite and helpful, we came across two waitresses who were a bit snotty.

Would highly recommend this hotel. Yea Mon!

18 Thank PLYOOC
Dear PLYOOC:

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent vacation at our Resort. We appreciate all your positive comments about the rooms, the meals and the relaxing atmosphere on property. We are elated that you have had such an amazing vacation experience and we welcome you to visit in the near future so you may once more be hosted in true Palladium Style!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

having just reuturned from this resort and having read lots of negative reviews .
please go and see for yourself everything its first class .
the food is 5 star we eat at all of the a la catre yes you cant book but as the hotel was
only 40% full we were never dissapointed. the staff are very friendly they cant do enough for you. the beaches wernt as nice as other islands but you can live with that.
the rooms are huge and spotless clean as is everywhere.
i was disspointed the spa wasnt open but thats the only negtive i can say.

Room Tip: sea view on a high floor villa 3525
2 Thank sj1116
Dear sj1116:

Greetings! We appreciate the time which you have taken to share your comments about your recent vacation at our lovely Resort. We are pleased to know that you found our property to your liking. As a 5 star Resort we ensure that the level of service we offer is that which will always assure guest satisfaction. We are grateful for your positive comments about our staff. Our team is hard working and besides providing excellent service, they are the friendliest set of people that you will come across.

It is delightful to know that you enjoyed the delicious meals which were served at our restaurants. I hope that you had the opportunity of experiencing all seven different cuisines at the a la carte restaurants, likewise the extensive menu items which are available at our three buffets.

We welcome you to visit again in the future and it was our pleasure hosting you. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can assist with from this end.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The resort exceeded my expectations. I liked the layout and the expansiveness, multiple beaches, and more than sufficient bars and restaurants even in low season. The covered walkways to get around the resort was a great idea, as it gets you out of the sun and rain.The bars and the view from upstairs the infinity pool were amazing and I saw some sunsets that rival Rick's Cafe without having to travel there. The food was good, not great, compared to Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay (I stayed there in June). I was expecting a "Jamaican" section in the buffet restaurant each day, because that was the cuisine I wanted for the week like they do at Bahia Principe. The staff was friendlier here though, especially the bartenders and the guy at the Jerk Hut (where I had lunch almost every day). That and the resort itself makes it a place that I will return to. The robes and the slippers in the room was a touch of class, and the mini fridge stocked daily was a great convenience although we hardly used it. The only thing I do not understand is the multiple trips to the room by the cleaning staff. One seems to clean, make up beds etc.. Towels were replenished a few times on a second trip, and the in-room refridgerator was replenished by a third visit. We went back to the room a couple of times for a nap and some quiet reading time, and I found these multiple entries to be annoying. This is one area where staff can be more efficient. Overall, I would strongly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Some suites had two balconies, but one is more than adequate. I prefer an ocean view, but I strongly...
3 Thank Bobby R
Dear Booby R:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are grateful for your positive comments. As a 5 star Resort it is our duty to ensure that our guests receive quality service and are satisfied.

We are pleased to know that you loved the accommodations. It is pleasing to know that you were impressed with the level of service which you received from our staff in general. Our team of ladies and gentlemen are true professionals and will make you feel welcomed. I am really glad to know that you love our walkways and grounds.

We were happy to have you with us and we look forward to your future visit. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this resort and while it is not someplace I would stay again it was a nice experience. The hotel lobby is very grand and beautiful, it makes for a great first impression. The staff is very friendly and helpful and my check in was very smooth. The rooms are very spacious and clean but the quality of the mattresses and bed linens is just awful and very cheap. The air conditioning was great and could easily be adjusted and there was also a fan above the bed which was enjoyed. There is a mini bar in the room but no liquor only beer and sodas. The bathroom was very nice and kept clean throughout the stay.

The property is very nice and they try to keep it up but it is very spread out so there is a lot of walking to get from your room to the beach or main facility. There are shuttles but they are hard to catch when you actually need them. There are no elevators at this property so if stairs are an issue ask for a first floor room. The pool area is very large and the swim up bar was pretty rowdy, that area put me off as I witnessed someone ash their cigarette in the water and spill a drink in there as well.

The beach was ok, not very big, a bit rocky as well. There are two beaches and I was told the other beach was not as rocky and a little bigger and nicer. You get a towel card at this property but the the places you have to return your towel to close early so you will have to hike back to the main reception area to turn in your towel or be charged $20.

The food was pretty good, the breakfast buffet had a lot of options and I had a chance to eat in the Steakhouse which very nice.

This in not the type of resort that I usually prefer, I would typically look for something a little nicer with a better beach but for those looking for a great value this would be a great option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nicotags
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Nicoscoth:

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues that you mentioned in your report.I would like to apologize if the quality of the linen and the mattress is not what you expected.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in our hotel. We take our guest’s comments very seriously. I will take note about your suggestions in order to improve our day to day services and if there is anything that we can do for you in the future, please let me know.

Thank you again and we look forward for your next visit, and please, do not hesitate to contact us for any request or further comment.

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We arrived 27th august 2012. Check in was quick. Taken to our room by our bellboy who kindly showed us what was what in our room.
THE ROOM- the room was very big and spacious. No problem with aircon whatsoever. Everytime we returned to our room it was lovely and cool. Bathrobes and slippers were supplied. As well as an icebucket for the ice machine in the entrance to the lobby. We were in villa 35. Which was great locationfor the lobby main pool and sunset cove. As well as all the restuarants
POOLS. We only tried the main pool this was very clean only letdown was that the jacuzzis werent switched on. Pool bar great and staff all friendly
BEACHES. We spent 12 out of 14 days at Sunset cove beach. Absolute paradise. Very peaceful and fantastic views
RESTAURANT. Breakfast was nice in the buffet plenty to choose from. Evening meals were very good in the buffet. But we preffered the a la carte. The asian was our favourite. We tried them all but the creole restaurant. Food was very nice in them all. Service was fantastic apart from a rude waiter in the indian restaurant. Sports bar and sunset cove both very nice also
We travelled as a couple aged 20 & 21 and would definately recommend to anyone wanting a lovely relaxing holiday
It was truly paradise and we will be looking at going back!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank charlouise26
Dear Charlouise26:

Greetings! Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you have had such a fantastic time during your vacation here with us. We are grateful for your comments about our facilities,restaurants and staff as we work continuously to make our guests vacation memorable.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to your visit in the near future...

Kind regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Melia Braco Village
Melia Braco Village
#1 of 1 in Rio Bueno

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!