“Just returned from GPLH Nov 18 to 24, 2011”

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Just returned from 7 day trip to GPLH, traveled with another couple and had a marvelous time. Service was with smiles, drinks readily available, view from our balconies spectacular and food was very good, especially buffet. Staff were professional and friendly, spa was beautiful and our massages wonderful, food good for an all inclusive resort, never felt unsafe as some comments suggested, never felt tipping was demanded (though we tipped regularly because the service was worthy of tipping). Our complaint would be that the wine was not good and to purchase a select bottle was costly and overpriced compared to the states. More premium drinks would be welcomed throughout the resort and more variety of beer. We never left the resort and liked having different beaches to go to to sit at and a variety of pools to enjoy. The Jerk Chicken Hut was fantastic and should not be missed for lunch or afternoon snack, the weather cannot be beat when it is mid 70's first thing in the morning and high 80's for the day! We were sad to leave to return to snow and look forward to another trip to GPLH. We would highly recommend this resort for couples or families looking to get away for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Villa 32 rooms 3221 or 3233 spectacular views, spent mornings enjoying coffee on our deck and cockta...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mjdlray
CustomerRelations_11, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments based on your recent vacation spent at our beautiful Resort. We appreciate your positive feedback and are elated that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer, from the meals to the fabulous beaches, it is clear that you enjoyed it all.

It was our pleasure having you here with us and we invite you to visit us again in the near future so you may once more be hosted in true Palladium Style!

Best Wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (5,292)

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at this resort for a wedding Nov 8-13, 2011. I arrived and things were very impressive on the outside. The resort is beautiful with a large pool, spacious tropical exterior waiting rooms. It has the feel of a real tropical paradise. The villas are even beautifully laid out. I was impressed. But, the minute we tried to check in, the problems began.

Problem # 1 Check in: No record of our reservation. We had to wait for a room for 2-3 hours. They mentioned we could freshen up in the courtesy room, but the lock on the door was broken, so I was afraid to take a shower for fear someone would walk in on me.
Finally we got a room. I am happy. NO problem.

Problem # 2
Room Service can be very slow.
Request towels the night before, because you may not get them when you are ready to bathe.

Problem # 3
Waiter service:.
Dinner at the Xaymaica resturant for a wedding reception. I heard the food was great, so I was looking forward to it.
First of all,our waiter(Richard) was rude. He was rushing our orders. He didn't explain, initially, that even though salad is mentioned on the menu, it is actually at the salad bar. So, when we tried to order it off the menu, he cut us off abruptly.

Then,Richard, the waiter,spilled my hot soup onto my lap ruining my new dress! Hot soup! Lucky for me, the food was not steaming hot and I was not burned. However, my other table companions also received soup splashes and one of my sisters did get a skin injury from the soup, which required a nurse visit.
The resturant did not handle the problem well. They brought the manager who in turn brought guest relations to assist us. My sister went to the nurse to attend to her wounds. But when we returned to the wedding at the resturant, the waiter was still on our station. I was not happy about that because I was still traumatized from the incident and was uneasy to be around him when he was delivering our food.
Turns out, my food was not very good. Too spicy,so much so that it was not pleasurable. I had to send it back. But the appetizer of salt fish, was tasty.

Next day, guest relations took our items and cleaned it. Fine. But this process of going back and forth to guest relations to meet with managers, assistant managers, filling out incident reports, caused us to limit our time enjoying the rest of the resort.

For a last minute compensation the accomodation assistant, Celia Benito finally offered us free spa treatments, 1 hour before we had to leave for our flights; which we didn't take up the offer due to limited timing. If they really wanted to compensate us, they would have offered it 2 days prior when the incident happened.

Oh By the way, we were told that if we returned to the resort for another stay, that we purchased, we would get a free upgrade to VIP Status for our trouble, woo! That would include turning down our beds! Really? I mean why would I come back after such poor service?

Besides, It wasn't just an isolated incident with the soup. There were several incidents of dropped food and trays. My sister was splashed with water the first day of her arrival. Just before my soup fiasco, another tray of liquids was dropped on one of our guests at the wedding. I guess they are not training their waiters well.

So overall, I think the outward aesthetics of the resort are nice, but the service and the managment is much to be desired. I can't say that I would want to revisit this resort.

Room Tip: Stay on the Lady hamilton side villas, it is close to resturants and entertainment and two different...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lovetravel2b

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback based off your recent vacation spent at our Resort. We welcome our guests' comments as they will better assist us in improving the present product that we offer.

It is unfortunate that your reservations were not in our system upon your arrival. I am however happy that were were able to accommodate you within a matter of hours based on the outlined situation. Extra towels can be requested , but our Resort employs a towel exchange system which is explained at check in. This is to ensure that all our guests have their own towel throughout their stay.

It is unfortunate your incident at the Xaymaica restarant, I can assure you thet the situation was handled the best way posible and this will not recur in the future. I am sorry that you were not able to receive our compensation which was offered. We extend our sincerest apologies and we invite you to visit in the near future to experience the changes that will have been made and for you to have a better perception of our Resort.

It was our pleasure hosting you, please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the GPLH for our one year wedding anniversary and we had an amazing time. Upon arrival we upgraded to a Ocean Front Villa Suite and it was well worth it, we loved our room and the view was stunning. The jacuzzi tub was massive, it was incredibly relaxing. We LOVED the outdoor shower; showering under the stars was so much fun! Bathroom is private, bed was comfortable but I suggest ordering yourself some pillows from the menu. All together a relaxing and comfortable suite, with a view that was captivating,

The food was very good and there was an amazing amount of variety; the jerk hut at sunset cove has delicious jerk chicken!!! We enjoyed the Italian and Asian Restaurant's the most, and the buffet always had a great variety. The sports bar had great junk food; we loved the nachos! Our favorite drink was called "Love Potion", only one woman serves it during the day at the infinity bar...so go early ;)

We're newlyweds so we preferred the Adult Pool and Bar. It was nice to just relax and drink, no worries about being splashed or annoyed ;) Drinks were delicious and went down easy, and there is amazing snorkeling on the beach. Sunset beach was our favorite beach, less coral, but still amazing snorkeling and sandy areas to relax in. The Jerk chicken hut is located on this beach and we just loved the food there, so it was one our fave spots. The spa was a great treat, I highly recommend it.

We had a few issues arise during the week:
-Our room lock stopped working quite a few times, until finally the head of security changed the batteries in the lock
-Out tub plug wasn't working properly and instead of fixing it they just took it out! So we called and complained and they had it fixed the next morning while we were at breakfast and also sent us chocolate dipped strawberries and free upgraded pillows.
-The villas are a bit of a walk from the main lobby, so a few times we ordered a cart to come and get us which took forever! On our checkout date they took so long we had to walk our luggage to the lobby

Other than those small issues, we had an amazing vacation! We love Jamaica and will be back soon! It's a beautiful country full of stunning scenery and wonderful people.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WakeUpMeggie

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your one year Anniversary spent at our luxurious Resort.Congratulations!We are glad that we were given the opportunity to share in such a special event. We are elated that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer. We appreciate your positive comments. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed the accommodations and the meals which were served at the restaurants. We are pleased that you enjoyed lounging by the adult pool, which is indeed ideal for newly weds with itsquiet atmosphere.

Based on your review it is clear that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to hosting you in the near future in true Palladium Style!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Just come back from here and it was amazing!! If you listen to people who are complaining then you will miss a brill hol!! With the reviews on here we were worried about going but had nothing to worry about! The staff were friendly, the hotel was amazing and we didn't want to come home. You never got bored because there was variety of things to do for everyone and they had live reggae music on every night which was really good! If you go definatly do dunns river it's the best! Please go with no worries and you will definatly want to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank Cluck_6

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are elated that you have had such an amazing vacation at our wonderful Resort! We appreciate all your positive comments about our hardworking and very hospitable team.They are t heir to assure that our guests all have a fantastic stay. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed the live nightly entertainment. It was our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to hosting you in the near future. Until then, take care.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The staff here are excellent, it's not cheap we paid £200 a night but it does live up to its expectations would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad that you have had such a wonderful stay. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. We invite you to visit in the near future so you may once again be hosted in true Palladium Style!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed between 1st November til 15 November, ( 2 Adults 2 children aged 6 and 4 )
Our personal experience was that we found certain members staff didn't have clue what good service was, bad attitudes. The breakfast buffet in the morning was a complete nightmare having to wait to be seated, insignificant cutlery and long ques for certain foods.

The service and food in the la carte Italian restaurant was exceptional pitty i cannot say the same about the steak house.

Our children absolutly loved the kids cove a big thank you especially to Bubbles and Spice, the children were entertain with lots of activites.

The pool was lovely, we enjoyed the excursions we went ( Negril beach is beautiful).

Our accommodation bloke 34 first floor was lovely however more storage space for a familly would of been better.

We enjoyed the Raggie band on the beach on wednesday evenings' however the hotel nightly shows were very boring just dancing same old each evening.

All n All we had a great family holiday.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank zigrue123

Thank you for taking the time to share your review based on your recent vacation spent at our beautiful Resort. We are pleased that you have had such a wonderful time with your family. We are pleased that you enjoyed the meals which were served. I am glad that your children enjoyed themselves at our Kids Cove. The staff their are professionals at childcare and will take the best care of your children and ensure that they are well occupied with a wide variety of activities.

It was our absolute pleasure hosting you and we invite you to visit in the near future so you may experience the changes that will have been made. Please do not hesistate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

When we arrived at the Grand Palladium, I was thrilled. Well maintained, friendly staff. However, there were too many inconsistencies for an all inclusive resort. I chose to sun at the adult pool as I am not child friendly. It was nice, but the drinks are all well brand and when it came time for lunch, you had to dry off and walk quite a distance to eat. All the places to eat were a long walk away from our villa and I came to relax, not walk.
Also, maid service in our villa was hit or miss. Some days we received towels, some days not. Some days we were given shower gel, other days only shampoo was left. Some days the mini bar was restocked, some days not. We made several calls for things and were always told that someone would be right up, but never showed.
The buffet was always good, but the individual restuarants were again, hit or miss. The Italian was wonderful as was the Carribean, but I waited a whopping 3 hours for a burrito at the Mexican place and then when it arrived, they forgotten the guacamole and sour cream. By the time he returned with them, (30 minutes later), I had finished my dinner. The Poisiden was awful, I sent two dishes back and decided to skip dinner as I was so frustrated.
Then the airconditioning quit one night and no one apologized or explained. We spent a dreadful night sweating with no relief until the next afternoon.
If you're on a budget and medicore is ok, then this place would be a good choice. But if you are expecting excellent service and great food, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: If you don't want to spend a lot of time walking, choose a villa close to the center. But then...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Maricolleen

Greetings!

It is always a pleasure to receive the feedback from our guests as they are what assists us in improving on the present product that we offer. My apologies for all the inconveniences which you have outlined in your review. As a 5 star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we offer, as such i can assure you that we will work to ensure that none of the mentioned wll recur. We appreciate your positive comments and we hope that we are given the opportunity to host you once more in the near future for you to experience a Grand vacation.

It was our pleasure having you, best wishes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!