“Really nice restaurant in cozy Muggia”

Trattoria Al Castello
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Muggia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and excellent seafood.
Familiar place and really honest prices. Here you can fine only fish dishes, a nice terrace on the sea and you can taste the local flavours.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Yes it's a bit diffucult to find this place, but so are most of the restaurants in this part of Muggia-Trieste. The road is immediately to the left of the Muggia tunnel coming from the road from Lazaretto...maybe it shows up on GPS...

This place was recommended and we tried to visit on a Wed, but it was closed; then another night but they had sold out of fish at lunch and so were closed for dinner. (So call ahead!)

So we finally went on a Fri night. The Zuppa del pesce, a red fish chowder, was excellent. We also had Grilled calamari, pasta with mushrooms & Mixed seafood grill. We enjoyed everything (except that the main dish was served with polenta, and I am not a polenta fan and this was no different. ) The local white wine was fine. The owner was a wonderful host and we enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and lovely paintings on the walls. Hopefully we will be back when the weather is warm, to sit ouside.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been here again after my last review and i can not confirm what i've already said.
The quality it's great with an amazing service.
If you wish to know more you should check my previous review of this restaurant.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thanks Dubinia for your review--and directions! Somehow I made it there. I was glad I made the effort. Good seafood, nicely cooked, tasty risotto, and a general nice, airy feel to the place (outside). I should point out that this restaurant is in Muggia, not Trieste exactly...

2  Thank pickling
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I know this place very well. If you're the first time it could be hard for you to find it. You should arrive to the gallery of Muggia and take the small street that's going uphill just on the right. when you'll see a big tree on your left with a parking place you know that you're arrived. Park there, cross the fence and walk for 50 meeters till the house.
What can be quite weird for people of other locations is that they do not have any menu; the menu it's based on what the fisherman got on that day.
I'll strongly reccomand you to go there, you cannot get disappointed!

NB: for medium groups (expecially if you're going in during the week) it's better a reservation so they can be prepared to welcome you all with amazing dishes.

1  Thank Alberto D