“Splendid view”

Ranked #23 of 51 Restaurants in Muggia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is one of the better place for a meal in Muggia. We went there for lunch and were served a wonderful zuppa di pesce. The seating is on a covered terrace looking out at the harbour.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The day we visited for lunch there was a mini-Bora happening outside but we sat out on the terrace anyway and we were fine (they had it completely enclosed but we could still see the sea). The food was fantastic. We started with the pesto gnocchi with sardines and it was delicious. The Fritto Misto was the best ever. So fresh, tasty, and with lots of everything, especially my personal favourite, scampi! Yum. We also had a delicious Insalata Misto with radicchio, arugula, etc. and overall, it was a fantastic meal. We didn't have dessert although given the quality of the food here I wish we had've! The one thing that does bother me and it happens in all restaurants in Italy, is they bring you bread and charge you for it. If they're going to charge you for it, they should probably ask if you want it. The bread here was a bit of a let down. Some of it was warm and fresh and some hard and seemingly not so fresh. That doesn't, however, change our opinion of this restaurant. A little gem in the heart of Muggia.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

It never happen before (I'm vegetarian since 30 years): I knew it is a famous fish restaurant, and the friend who came to visit me was curious to give it a try.
We asked at the reception and they simply refuse to serve any kind of food without fish or seafood, therefore we did not even entered the place.
Difficult to believe, but true.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Simply delicious. Amazing food. Special fish recepies, not usual boring fish dishes.
Restaurant look and feel is quite simple but has a plus..a terrace overlooking the sea.
I got canestrelli and asparagus as a starter and gnocchi with vongole as a main. Both delicious!! My fiancé had seppie and vegetables and spaghetti with bottarga and riccio.. Delicious as well.
Not sure now about pricing but for anyone complaining about price.. If you don't have monies go to McD or smt like that. Food here worths the monies!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice room with (what I call) Italian Modern furnishings and pictures. Expensive, tiny portions but beautifully prepared fish.