“Good beach hang out, food, music and dancing”
Review of Jolandas - CLOSED

Jolandas
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When we head to the beach, we go to Jolandas. There are lounges on the beach and you can hang for hours, just ordering drinks...We love their french fries and guacamole as the day goes on and we get hungry. Great spot for sunsets! Can't beat being right on the water's edge.
Have eaten here for dinner a few times. You can find rice and vegies with chicken or shrimp. Some simple tasty curries and a great chicken satay. Varied menu. This food is good, not great, but after all, this is not a 4 star restaurant but a comfortable beach hangout. They also have a bar that is opened until 1 AM, I think that is most nights. They bring in lots of music and have a dance floor. Very enjoyable spot.

1  Thank Sandy S

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been here almost every day since Christmas. This place is highly recommanded. Jolanda and Leon, the owners, are always cheerful and helpful. The place is very clean, and the cooking of Jolanda is delicious. She has the best price in town if you want to rent kayaks. She also has home-made cooked breads (the one with 7 grains is wonderful). For a small fee (50 pesos for a week), you can plug your laptop and use their Wi-Fi. And all the staff is very smiling, helpful and polite: Javier, Luis, Susannah, Angel... Again, highly recommanded!

Louise Blais from Québec

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed on the beach just down from Jolanda's three times and every time, it was my favorite place to go. The Indonesian/Europenan/Mexican menu is varied and fun and everything is very good. For a small fee, you can hook up to the internet there. The pina coladas are too good to be good for the waistline. Jolanda is fun and always present at her "home"--her office/table on the street side of the restaurant. There are two entrances--street and beach. Three types of seating: Inside palapa, terrace or outside on the beach on lounge chairs. A great place to spend the day, then go home, change and go dancing there some nights. A romantic, laid-back place--like the spot I used to daydream about during Dakota snowstorms in my youth. Hey, I made my dreams come true! You can do so as well at Jolanda's.

2  Thank Remi47
Reviewed December 31, 2011

They sat us at long tables and we met other visitantes. Food was unique and fun to try. 20 Courses!

Reviewed December 9, 2010

Its my second time in La Manzanilla and Jolanda's was high on list of places to return to. Its nice to get a break from all the Mexican food which, while delicious, can get a bit monotonous. Jolanda's is right on the beach, the staff is incredibly accommodating and the menu is different enough to keep me coming back for more. I dreamt of the chicken satay with the incredible peanut sauce. The curry is very good, the dutch meatballs are delish, also this is one of the few places that serves a salad with every plate WITH salad dressing. There is a large selection of vegetarian options on the menu. Jolanda makes homemade preserves as well as homemade ice cream as well. There is a cute internet bar there too.
During the day I just like to park it on one of their beach chairs and order a refreshing limeade and mineral water drink. If you come to this town stop here and ask the owners their story. Heck, ask anyone who works here what their story is, they are all interesting.