My partner and I were looking for a place to get away to with the aim of relaxing and not doing much else - The Wellesley was perfect for just that. We stayed in the only Romance Suite and I can only say that the room was 5 stars. The outdoor bathroom was quite an experience - especially lazing in the spa even when it was raining lightly.
This resort is small (15 rooms I think) and thus very intimate. There is not much to do apart from eat, drink, laze around by the pool, laze around on the beach, snorkel (more on that later), and go on excursions. The beach, whilst nothing compared to an Australian beach, was pretty good compared to other beaches on the main Island. The water was extremely shallow out to the reef, but nothing great for snorkelling. We did take the Crusoe's (next resort down - ~1km along the beach) boat out for snorkelling for FJD$15 (actually, we managed to get it for free) which took us to a much better snorkelling place a bit further away. We didn't go on any excursions apart from an organised visit to the local village where most of the hotel workers come from - which in itself was quite interesting.
The pool at the hotel was beautiful and there was plenty of space for all the guests.
The food was pretty damn good. Other guests said it was better than most places in Fiji.
The only bad comment I have about this hotel is that the staff were almost too eager to please. So rather than asking questions, they just said 'yes' and did their thing. Sometimes this meant you didn't get exactly what you ordered off the menu - but it was still excellent tucker!
If you want a real relaxing holiday with your loved one - this is it.
I also suggest that after finding your best price online, contact the hotel directly. They matched the price for us plus threw in free return airport transfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wellesley Resort is one of Fiji's newest boutique resorts. It boasts a fabulous lagoon, pool and stunning white sand beach. This part of Fiji's Coral Coast is renowned for its crystal clear waters and spectacular diving - this is the only white sand, blue lagoon experience on the mainland. And it's all yours... miles of it! Set in 100 acres of lush tropical rain forest and island gardens, the Wellesley is a hideaway of intimate and serene seclusion. The stylish decor, high standards of cuisine and the genuine hosted experience our staff offer are nothing less than one would expect from a resort carrying the Wellesley brand. It's all about style... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Wellesley Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Resort Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Wellesley Hotel Coral Coast
- Wellesley Coral Coast
- Coral Coast Wellesley
- Wellesley Resort Fiji Korolevu