“Great place to eat”

Pappagallo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Korolevu
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Big hearty portions of pasta are served with a touch of elegance and attention to detail. The Pappagallo Italian Restaurant offers you a feast from traditional Italian fare to sophisticated and inventive pizzas, pastas and risotto dishes. The freshness and quality of ingredients is definitely worth a mention. Together with a traditional Italian ambiance and the aroma of authentic Italian cuisine wafting through the air, if you close your eyes for just a 'memento' you will be mentally transported to Italy and may even be tempted to burst into a rendition of "O Solo Mio".
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I found the food here fantastic. My husband and I ate here twice for dinner and once for lunch. The serving sizes were large, the pasta was great, the chicken and risotto was yum. For lunch we had a pizza which we shared and it was enough for the 2 of us. The service was very good and the meals came out without us waiting long
I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Luisa W, Executive Assistant at Pappagallo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear LucyOrangeNSW,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed it and it was a Great place to eat!!

It is only through guest's feedback that we are able to review our procedure of operations objectively and provide standards to exceed our guest's expectations.

We hope to see you again.

Vinaka and kind regards,
Luisa Waqa

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I came in on new years day 8 o clock and restaurant 50% empty wicked walu booked out advised to go to Italian always happy with staff service at this restaurant
I was not going to write this review as I prefer to stick as much as I can with the positive and did not have any to write here but when read the review below realised the a management are referring to me.
I live in Fiji and yes I am on tourism as well
we did book and have a terrible experience in the past I have loved this restaurant it was me that recommendation that all these people came here. we phoned new years eve advised be better to come new years day thats fine. they were struggling with resetting tables at 8.00 said would be 30 minutes fine went for drinks big group
the rest was pretty disastrous restaurant continued to empty no one set tables 10.20 still no table SET 80% empty the rest as be others describe
guests had cash no one advised they could not pay Fiji tender was not acceptable?? staff advised new management does not trust them that's ok we did not complain a
bout this we waited another 45 minutes for manager to take the cash
we did complain about after order taken 1 hour 30 minutes part orders then stale bread then wrong orders then what appeared to be they ran out food chef said no kumayal left actually tune steak 100gm and we also had 6 and 5 prawn dishes $58 so all disappointing
I would not of written a review but clearly staff have not been upfront with you tut tut
I did my best to advise this was not normal occurrence in m opinion but it did certainly happen as explained if I can be of any help please call
hint all could of been avoided if staff had just been honest and apologised for mixups they aggravated situation

1  Thank fromparadisefiji
Reviewed January 11, 2014

went with group of family friends had a meal booked at Italian restaurant 8.10pm arrived to eat
meal arrived 10.20pm restaurant was 50% empty tables were not being cleared we set our own table moved chairs what arrived was shocking people around us complaining about service and meals.
we order one of meals $58.00 it had only 5 prawns not king ones with 1/2 cup spaghetti what a joke staff were embarrassed and one meal sent back
this resort was not 5 star but 5 star prices some of pricing especially drinks was incredible
One child sat on marble step in restaurant and pants were black after looking around was shocked at actual state of cleanliness had not noticed earlier in dull light
place could be great grounds and set out but value for money service just a rip off
will not return travel to Fiji often
very disappointed and embarassed

1  Thank Sun soul B
Dean S, General Manager at Pappagallo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello Sun Soul B

Thank you for taking the time for passing on your feedback.

The staff of the Papagallo Restaurant remember you well from New Years day.

The staff also try to ensure that all our guests, houseguests and those from outside are looked after professionally and with courtesy.

As you had not made a booking on news years day and had a group of 9 from outside the resort, we endeavoured to our best ability to accomodate your party, along with a fully booked restaurant.

Our beverage manager greeted you and your group at restaurant reception upon your arrival at the Papagallo Restaurant, and stated that there maybe a delay to gain a table/s of between 30 - 45 minutes.

We suggested other dining options that we have here at The Warwick Fiji, that you subsequently declined and preferred to dine with your party of 9 at the Papagallo Italian Restaurant, and the team in restaurant set up your tables when the opportunity allowed .

We also mentioned to you that we have a cashless policy at the Warwick Fiji Resort, that unfortunately was also not to your liking. We will take that situation for improvement to ensure that all guests on the resort are fully aware of this procedure prior to commencing dining.

We appreciate and understand that you have hospitality establishments in Fiji including restaurants, and therefore you would understand that we tried to ensure your party enjoyed your evening in the most gracious way to enjoy the great evening that was enjoyed by our houseguests.

dean swaagman
general manager

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is probably one of the worst dining experiences I have had at any resort in Fiji. On New Years Day my friends and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner at Pappagallo Italian Restaurant at the Warwick. For a supposedly five star experience, the Pappagallo is dirty (i.e. check out the grotty floors), overpriced and the food is marginal.

The first thing I noticed was that the prices are pretty high by Fijian standards compared to other resorts. However, if it is matched by great service and beautiful food I am willing to pay a bit extra. However, that is certainly not the case at the Pappagallo.

We waited an hour for the entrees to appear! It also included some complementary bread. At this point I was so hungry I could have eaten anything. And I did. The bread was dry and stale. Yuck. I can't believe I ate it!

My relatively expensive mains was supposed to be tuna with kumala and salsa. There didn't seem to be any salsa and my kumala was in fact mashed potato. I wonder if the chef thought I wouldn't notice? I went to see the chef for an explanation. He didn't seem particularly concerned about the potato and simply said they had run out of kumala.

Two of my friends ordered a pasta dish which cost over $50 FJD and was handed a small plate of pasta with six prawns! Actually, in fact, one came came with five prawns. They looked like kids sized meals that you would pay $5 for at a cheap food court. Come on Warwick, this is terrible! Shame on you.

The cheapest bottle of wine on the wine list was over $70 FJD. If you feel like a bottle of Oyster Bay Chardonnay - you might want a second mortgage because you are going to have to pay $98 FJD. (By comparison, in Suva, you would probably pay $50 for this at a decent restaurant).

Don't expect to be blown away with great service either. When we arrived, our party of six had to sit at a four place setting. Much of the restaurant was empty but we were forced to seat six people around a four person table. In the end, we took matters into our own hands and set up our own table elsewhere in the restaurant.

The management at the Warwick should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for ripping people off like this.

2  Thank FijiAnnie
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After suffering through some mediocre buffet, and room service menus for dinner, we were happily surprised by what we received here. Yummy pizza and pasta menu - well done!

Dear Pejie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your dining experience at our Pappagallo restaurant at Warwick Fiji. Many thanks for your kind comments and we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed it.

Vinaka and kind regards,