“My Second Home”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Korolevu
Old Bar, Australia
“My Second Home”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My wife and i have just returned home from the naviti, have been going for the last 5 years we have booked to go back again in August.
We were welcomed back we found the staff to be so friendly on first name terms.
Chef Mohammed and his staff produced a excellent variety of food something for everybodys taste.Bar manager Isikeli and staff realy looked after us.
John & Betty Jamieson

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
nsw
Reviewed February 22, 2011

we stayed at naviti resort it is the best resort ever my daughters wedding was excellent i came over with my partner three year old son ,21year step son and 17 year old step son it was beautifull i would highly reccomend it to anyone thanks to everyone at the naviti resort my son vince says hi to everyone

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I thoroughly read all reviews leading up to my trip, and was seriously surprised. People talk about "no value" "not a great experience" "bad service" etc etc.
I do not understand where that comes from. The staff are just too friendly, the friendliest people I have ever been around. You must get to know them if you visit. I'd like to give a special mention to Rico and Soli down at the Activities Hut. They are by far the most friendly people you could meet, and will help you out with any problems. They organise their own snorkelling and hot spring tours, and this is by far the most fun you can have, with their presence. Everyday they keep the pool buzzing with a water volleyball game open for anyone to join in, and keep the outdoor volleyball lively with their great enthusiasm.

Now to the resort service. I found this to be excellent. Especially with me travelling with 5 friends, the 'all inclusive package' was ideal. We are heavy drinkers and I can safely say that we really abused this package. We found that the key to great service was tipping well. We used to start off the night we a chilled out atmosphere at dinner with a few beers at one of the restaurants. It was said that "there is no such thing a free meal/drink." Technically, that is wrong, however, if you want great service and want to be the 'suck-ups' of the resort, tipping is a good idea. Once you are established as the kind that tips. Great service will come to you at dinner or the bars. After dinner we used to tip the waitress, which always greeted us with a big smile and "Bula! / Vinaka!"

Now to the bars, we usually began this with a game of cards sitting on the deck near the bar. We found first few nights service a little slow, as I'm sure most others would have felt. However, from the first night, we had made a friend with the friendliest bartender, Mani. He would sit down with us, play and tease. He himself was great entertainment. Once we were established as the 'good guys' he gave us the best service, and our cups were never empty. Even during 'last call' which somehow lasted for an hour every night! Our drinks were backed up.
The pool bar is one of the best inventions. We also had a great time here too. The pool is a very chilled out place with lively people.

Now to the room, these were okay. Although, you're on holiday right? you're only in these to sleep. We had no problems with our air-conditioning, and had towels everyday. Another good idea would be to tip the room service ladies. (Especially us, because our rooms really were left in quite a mess)

Overall the Naviti Resort offers a truely great experience and really is a hidden gem. This place is a must visit!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SagarChitnis
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We've been more than once and will go again. I've travelled with a 4 year old, and a 5&1 year old. The one hugely obvious thing is that couples between 18 and 30 and groups of young guys travelling together don't enjoy the place as much because it's geared to families and kids (and there were over 50 kids there everytime). They are better off at the Warwick over the hill which is tailored for those types of travellers.

Tips for the Naviti (as objectively as I can):

1. If possible fly V-Australia from the Aust East Coast instead of Air Pacific. Its the difference between getting to the Naviti in the afternoon, or getting there between 1 and 4am! If you have young kids its a HUGE difference. You also leave mid morning as opposed to 4am. The Air Pacific flight times mean you lose the entire first and last days in transit. Organise a private car transfer. It's another 30 or 40 bucks from memory but well worth it.

2. The reception staff appeared stand-offish or grumpy everytime we walked past them, but they dont seem to appear anywhere else in the resort, so don't worry about them.

3. Request a room in the new Nadi wing - it's newer and its a fair way away from the restaraunt/bar area. You won't hear the band and nightclubbers from there if the kids are asleep.

4. Engage with the staff like you would an aquaintance at home. If you are guarded with them they will be guarded with you.

5. The wait staff at breakfast are just awesome. Friendly and attentive. They don't move fast, but unless you expect them to you won't care.

6. TAKE THE ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE!!! There are two reasons. The first is the obvious value, its just cheaper to do it that way. But the more important reason for doing it is that you don't care about bills. When you take the worry of "how much have we spent on meals and booze so far" out of the equation, its so SO much easier to relax.

7. Take your own golf clubs if you play. The hire clubs are rubbish. Hire a car and drive to the Pacific Harbour course about 40 minutes drive towards Suva (affordable and a couple of awsome views and fairways, but the greens are bad). I spent 2 days trying to find the cheapest way to get there, then gave up and just hired a car from the desk. That worked out fine. If hiring a car, organise it a couple of days ahead of time. There is a limited supply on the Coral Coast.

8. Take the free tour to Sigatoka and buy some beer, wine and soft drinks for the room. You can't take drinks from the bar to the room unless you carry them one at a time. Stick a couple of bottles of white in the bar fridge to enjoy on the balcony. Also make sure you buy some fruit from the Sigatoka market to take back to the room for the kids to snack on.

9. There is no fresh milk and virtually no cheese on the island, so don't bother looking. It's all long-life milk.

10. Don't bother taking nappies for the whole stay. Buy them at the supermarket in Sigatoka or in one of the other roadside supermarkets on the way from the airport. There are heaps of brands available. I did see baby formula as well, but we took our own anyhow.

11. The rooms are tiled and get slippery when cleaned. They are basic, but they are comfortable and you don't spend much time in there anyhow.

12. TAKE ...(and I can't stress this enough)... YOUR OWN MASK AND SNORKEL!!! If you have to keep coming in to return a resort set every hour you will kick youself.

Resorts in Fiji seem to be a case of "the grass is greener on the other side". The Naviti is awesome for families and as far as value for money goes, its about the best on the island.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank jpm072
Brisbane
Reviewed February 13, 2011

If you read the reviews, there is a reality to an extent in all of them. I have had some really great holiday experiences over the years and sadly this was not one of the great ones. In a lot of the reviews about the Naviti, there are stories of slow service, poor food, airconditioning that leaks or doesn't work and on the flipside great service, good food and things that do work like air conditioners and room keys. We had all of these things happen, the good and the bad which made it for me inconsistent. I was on holidays and was looking to relax and enjoy time with my family for the entirety - not have to walk back and forth to reception to get my room key fixed, find the person that turned our aircon off for just 5 minutes over 2 hours ago, ask nicely again and again if our drinks will be much longer or have to go to reception at 10.45pm and ask if our airport transfer times have been sent through yet for the next morning - to which I was handed an envelope with an email dated 2 days before with instructions for a 4.30am pick up - not the end of the world but not convenient. My kids had a great time in the ocean off the resort, pool, kids club .... my wife enjoyed the food, if the buffet theme wasn't to our liking we went to one of the other restaurants. Lazing by the pool was relaxing but I couldn't understand why a lot of the swim up bar patrons in the pool never seemed to get out. It was easy to make friends with other guests and that helped better the experience but overall I am not a fan - holidays are few and far between and this one was more frustrating than relaxing by 2 to 1.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
navitiresort, Sales & Marketing Manager at Naviti Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Feb 18, 2011

Dear BrisbaneHenry, thank you for your time to provide comments on your recent holiday at Naviti Resort. and thank you for bringing to our attention the various issues you highlighted. Your valuable feedback enables us to take necessary actions to improve on those areas where we have not met your expectation. The slow service in the restaurant and bar outlets have being taken cared off and the door lock was immediately changed. We are glad that your kids enjoyed the resort pool and kids club and your wife enjoyed the food.
We welcome any opportunities for improvement so thank you for your constructive feedback. When you decide to return, please let me know on ahassan@warwickhotels.com and I will personally ensure that your stay is up to your expectation.

Best Rgds
Angela Hassan
Sales & Marketing Manager
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We stayed at the Naviti at the end of January. We arrived hot and sweaty as the transport had no air con for the hour and half journey from the airport. Our room was always cleaned and towels were never a problem. The staff were fantastic and always smiled. The local village come on the Sunday and sang, it was beautiful. Toward the end of the stay (7 days) i became annoyed that parents let kids eat at the all inclusive not using tongs to pick up food and letting them run around. Yes i know they were on holidays but so were we. The best was letting them run up and down the corridors at all hours. On arriving home my son has a sea lice rash over his chest and back after swimming in the sea. Three of us had upset tummies but nothing too major.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear macca74Sydney,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad to hear you had a great time with us, enjoying the friendly, welcoming nature of our staffs. You may like to try our resort taxis for transfers from the airport to the hotel next time which can be booked directly on grelations.naviti@warwickhotels.com.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, and thank you once again for your feedback.

Best Regards
Angela Hassan
Sales & Marketing Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Myself, Husband, son aged 13, daughters aged 21 and 20 stayed for 4 nights.
It is a an hour and 30mins from Nadi airport, so it is optional whether you take the coach which will stop at all resorts along the coral coast, or you can book a private car/taxi via navitii like we did. This option sutied us, because for the set price we had our driver stop at local shops along the way.. and we got the history of key landmarks etc on the way. So the drive was at our pace which was good.. the cost was $140 FJD.. worth the price if you want to stop at local shops etc to buy water... and other necessities.
On arrival, we were warmly greeted with a BULA, cool drink, and a serenade group singing at reception...
Our room, was excellent, tidy, air conditioned, room service ... no complaints. We stayed in the garden view room, my daughters in the Ocean View Room which was slightly bigger
Food: we went on the all inclusive package... buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner... we opted for the buffet meals opposed to the al la carte, chinese restraunt. the food was excellent, there is a good choice on the buffet, with a different theme each night, but they also have the standard choice each night such as roast, potoatoes etc, for those who may not want pasta on italian night etc etc... no complaints.
Activites.... We went out and did all there was to do that was inclusive of the price... snorkeling, kayak, etc etc etc... We did not do any activities that costs extra such waterfall trip, lsland visit etc .. because that was how we budgeted our holiday so to make up for when we had done the activites, we utilise the our driver again to take us to Sigatoka for the shopping trip, which costs $40.. FJD return... and was well worth it, as it was based on our time.. not the set time for the coach hours.. the driver was good and gave us hints etc and assisted us with how to purchase kava (white root) for a village visit that we orgainse... ourselves prior to going (local village). So If you have the budget for the extras then do it , if not the acitivites included will fiil the day along with the visits to the blue hut for massage, hair braiding etc etc... The Key to any holiday is you get out of it what you want, by doing what you can.. and making fun out of it...
Staff...... the staff truly fit the "FRIENDLIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD" it is so refereshing to see staff. actually look like they enjoy/love the work they do.. it really does make a difference to the way you feel... considering this is rated as a 4 star..... my views are they do an excellent job of ensuring that they meet the customers needs... At a five star i would expect the highest of service, activities, room standard etc.. which comes hand in hand with the price... and based on some of the reviews that i have read... comparision to a 5 star... or even 4 star... can not be compared to the value of money you get for all inclusive, meals and local alcohol, beer, wine, spirits.
We stayed at 5 different resorts along the coral coast on our 15 day trip to fiji, but as i stated earlier no- one was able to match the price when it came to meals, and all you can drink.... deal

I think it is an ideal place for a holdiay with kids, and if you have more thatn 1 child and are looking for babysitting service, it does not matter what resort on the coral coast you stay at... the difference of the hourly rate and number children is only and couple of dollars...

SPA... my daughters partook in some of the pampering services offered by the spa.. It is a pricey.... but the blue hut (village located at the end of the beach next to the resort) offer 1 hour massage for $20 FJD..which we utilise each day before dinner.. very nice. very relaxing.. highly reccomended. They also do, nail painting/desigs, hair braiding, orgainise activites, such as pig hunting, jet ski, horse riding, village visit, tatooting, tapa desiging this a few things that i can rermember oh and also sell all the local jewellery which they make in the village, the good thing is that all the money goes back in to the village

My overall rating of this is 5 out of 5... We are returning this year... and because of the value for money are heading over with our extended family which numbers 55+ and includes a wedding and 21st.... So I will be keen to see how things go in relation to their ability to accomodate a large group.. and will provide my findings on that and the wedding and special event ... ..
cheers

• Stayed December 2010
8 Thank PPP_62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
The Warwick Fiji
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!