I only wrote this review following discussions with three other people of different ages who have stayed here in 2007 who all had the same experience.
We arrived on the all inclusive package, with an expectation that this was not going to be a 5 star hotel but somewhere between a 3-4 Star.
The fascilities were good - Nice Restaurants and Pool Fascilities. The lagoon is a huge detraction as it is browny and certainly not a swimming area and only usable at high tide.
1. Meals were only available at fixed times and nearly always included chips rather than vegetables or salad.
If you have young children you can not eat with them at night time. The children have a childrens dinner early 5.30pm when only children are allowed to eat in the restaurant. You can eat with your children but only at other restraunts which do not open until 6.30pm which is difficult with young children as they often go to bed around this time. The childrens menu has no health food options.
2.You have difficulty obtaiing bottles water before 9.00am. the staff need heavy persuation to give you water and the hotel shop does not open until after 9.00am.
3. Whilst the Staff always greet you with the customary "BULA" you can not help but feel that they do this they have been instructed to. They often will appear from no-where to great you with BULA....but when you ask staff members for assistance they tend to go away never to be seen again.
4. Never make the miskatke of asking for something that is not a standard item or service because they will find this too difficult and almost not know how to achieve the simplest things. ie we asked for a bowl of vegetables for our 1 year old (we did not want to feed her on chips for a week) and they could not work out how to do this.
5.Pools - If you are into heavy drinking then this is the place for you, there always appared to be drunk people at the swimming pool morning and night.
6. A friend who visited had a child 13years old who was not able to attend the kids club (over 12years) and could not spend the evening with the adults as too young for this. So they were heavily restricted apparently staff stated that activitites would be on for this age group but they were always cancelled at the last minute.
We lasted one week and then moved hotels to the Shangri-La which is more upmarket and had none of these problems - I guess you get what you pay for.
The Naviti (and I beleive the Warwick too) would be good for young people and singles and families that want to dump the kids and hit the grog. Anyone who wants to spend time together as a family or relax without drunkness and bad language all around then I suggest you look elsewhere- Definitely recommend the shangri_la
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Naviti Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naviti Hotel Korolevu
- Fiji Naviti Resort
- Naviti Hotel Sigatoka
- Naviti Resort Sigatoka
- Naviti Resort Fiji/Korolevu