“A great place for a family holiday”
Review of Naviti Resort

Naviti Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Korolevu
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A great place for a family holiday”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

If you are looking for a relaxing family holiday then the Naviti is the place to go. We were there in the July school holidays and although it was busy the only time we really had to queue was for the breakfast buffet.
We visited with our two children aged 12 and 9. They were a bit too grown up to attend the Kids Club but this didn't matter as they spent most of their time in the new pool. Pool volleyball with Bill at 11-30am each day was a highlight. They also enjoyed going out in the kayaks and the paddle boats and playing tennis and volleyball. If you want a good spot by the pool at busy times it pays to get your towels when the activities hut opens in the morning and put them on the sun loungers you want.
The staff were mostly friendly - a special mention for Dave who always had a smile and a wave for us.
The all-inclusive is definitely the way to go. The kids could go up to the pool bar and get drinks whenever they liked and there was plenty for them to choose from at the buffets. The children's buffet in the evening was fine for our 9 year old but a bit limited for our 12 year old. He had the buffet from the main restaurant - this was still free for him. We went out to the Bamboo restaurant 3 times. The food here was very nice - after the first few nights we were getting a little tired of the main buffet. We took the children to the Bamboo Restaurant twice and although we had to pay for them there it only cost us about $20FJD each time for a really nice chinese meal with excellent service.
We took the shuttle to the Warwick twice and spent the afternoon there. The snorkelling there is good and we played mini-golf, pool and table tennis there as well (all for no charge). This is more of a couples resort and probably slightly more up-market than the Naviti. We had a very nice lunch there one day and got a $10FJD credit each towards our meal.
The rooms were good - we were in the new Nadi wing. I agree with a previous reviewer who said that it took a very long time for the hot water to come through for a shower!
Overall we had a great time. It was a great place for a relaxing family holiday - none of us wanted to come home!

• Liked — New pool, swim-up bar, Bamboo restaurant
  • Disliked — Long wait for hot water in shower
  • Stayed July 2007
3 Thank sunseeker49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2007

A bit late in posting my review, but memories still fresh months on.

Fantastic resort which has everything one could need, from a round of golf to a relaxing massage. We stayed in the new Nadi wing with out 3 1/2 year old daughter and room was pleanty big enough and well equipped. The only downfalls were the distance from the main hub of the resort (but it was close to the new poor and swim up bar!) and the hot water took 10 mins to come through each day.

I could not advise more strongly than to go with the all inclusive, never had to buy a thing unless you wanted a cocktail at $ 10 fjd each.

As for the family friendlyness, they have everything really and the beautiful fijians had our daughters name by day 2 and never missed. At dinner time often taking her off for a dance with the nightly entertainment while we ate. Never felt uncomforatble around the place at all.

Went for a look at the Warwick, seemed nice but Naviti seemed prettier and tidier.

I had a massage everyday with the friendly ladies in the hut down the end of the beach and my daughters hair braided for next to nothing, also brought some souveniers from the blue hut across the road from Naviti.

Had a divine meal one night at Bamboo terrace, wow, a definate must. Also did the firewalking show which was a bit boring and not worth the price but interesting all the same.

Would definatley recommend this place to families with young or even teenage children and honeymooners (although pay the extra and get a bure)

Would defniately visit again given the chance.

P.s The one and a 1/2 hour transfer from the airport was the only downfall.

• Liked — The all inclusive, variety of activities
  • Disliked — Distance from airport, cold showers
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Ang C
sydney
Reviewed July 15, 2007

After staying at Plantation Idland 2 years ago we thought we would stay on the mainland for something a bit different.

The Naviti with its all inclusive deal and with 16 of us travelling, paid for by mum, this seemed a good option. And to the best part it worked out well.

I have 4 daughters aged 2 - 9

In a nutshell:
* General restaurant and bar staff were not as friendly as we had hoped especially for the kids. At Plantation the staff had more time doting on the kids
* housekeeping staff were fantastic and were friendlier
* standard rooms were small but adequate
* no water slide but pools were of a decent size
* no satellite so had to go to the Warwick to watch the Sprinboks play the Wallabies
* beach facilities such as the catarmaran need updating and there was only 1
* kids club was quite busy and run by only one lady. Similar activity each night so not a lot of variety. Plantation was better
* not much for teenagers to do
* restrictions on all you can eat in the different restaurants

On the positive:
*Always heaps of food and of a good quality
*generally relaxed atmosphere
*clean and tidy resort

• Liked — BEd was comfy
  • Disliked — Size of room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank SydneyTrev
BRISBANE, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Spent a week at The Naviti over easter this year with my husband and 2 daughters (8 &11) And what a great time we had , Loved almost every minute of it. Not going to bore you with all the stuff that's in previous reviews as most people enjoyed it as much as we did , so i'm going to try and give some info thats not in other reviews.
On arrival in Fiji be prepared for a bit of a hair raising drive between the airport and naviti, they drive quite crazly and the roads are not great with heaps of speed bumps which the taxi drivers don't slow down for! took just over 1.5 hours to get there.
The staff are extremely genuinly friendly except 1 or 2. The conceirge boys are great and Bill needs a mention too.
Room
The room was basically what I had expected, we had a queen , a single and a roll away, a bit cramped but your hardly in the room anyway. very clean, beds comfy , pillows on the hard side, tea and coffee repalced everyday. no ice tray in the freezer so next trip we'll take one with us, our room was a long way from the bar so remembering to get a glass of ice before we left on an evening was a must for my night cap of dutyfree baileys.
Bathroom was good so long as you're a close family , the bathroom doors are louvered so sounds travel straight through and our door didnt latch closed either. Thankfully there was a really powerful fan above the toilet or we may have had to leave the room a couple of times. Heaps and heaps of toilettries are provided, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and moisturiser, so if your not too fussed about what you wash your hair with leave your own stuff at home. My kids and husband used them and said it was great.
we packed not a lot of gear to wear but still way too much. days are litteraly togs boardies sarongs and t shirts, nights i got a bit more dressy, the kids wore a summer dress or shorts and my husband just wore casual shorts and polo shirt or bula shirt and his thongs. no need for jeans, dress shirts or dress shoes here , unless you want to, i still wore heels on a night makes me feel like im on holidays then. Like other reviews i had a big bag of washing done across the road for $15, its $18 or $20 in the hotel but they put it all through the dryer, not good for a lot of t shirts.
Food was ok to great, depending where you ate, our favourite was the Bamboo restaurant , which only went to on night 3 and ate there twice after that and once at the Talei ( only one fully airconditioned). The Talei was also good. the night Buffet was ok depending what was on offer as its a different theme each night , the lovo night was good , you could smell the meat cooking outside all day. Breaky and Lunch was ok depending on the day . The pool grill food was sometimes a better choice for lunches. The alcohol was good , very stong drinks , was very disappointed that they put the price of there cocktails up 100% 3 days before we got there, went from $5.50 to $10 on the 1st April , don't know if it was done becasue of the full house over easter, will be interested to find out if they dropped the price back down again. They were still selling them for $5.50 at the Bamboo restaurant , but we only discovered this the night before we left or we would have been over there every evening for a few cocktails.
the start of our holiday it wasn't that busy there but by easter saturday thru Monday it was packed, the resort did find it a little hard to look after so many guests with long wait on drinks, public toilets with no toilet paper left and the food deteriorated a bit . Just ment going back to your room to use the toilet and getting 3 drinks at the bar instead of 1. The pool area is magnificent but I was a little concerned on those busy days how people can stay in the pool swim up bar from 10am until 5pm drinking beer all day and you never see them leave the pool, makes you think!
But the pool was cleaned really well evey morning and lots of chemicals added. Hired a car from conceirge much cheaper than through the tour shop, very easy to drive around. went to Suva , won't be doing that again, not the nicest of experiences especially for my two daughters. I think we were the only aussies in the city centre and we got hassled unbelievably, might be better to go in on a day when P&O cruises are in town , won't stand out as much then. We only spent 1 hour in Suva and were very happy to get back in the car, My youngest said to me," Mum I thought you were going to snap my fingers off you were holding my hand that tight". That tells you how it was.
Kids club was great ( lots of different activities) for my youngest but my eldest wasn't happy there, we made her go in 4 nights so we could have dinner on own . Oh the kids buffet is great for the kids.
Well we had a great time, just be prepared for Fiji Time, don't take your watch, leave your mobile in your room for emergencies and go relax. One tip if you have a portable dvd player take that with you with some connectors or a playstation , just in case the weathers not good , as the tv over there is very poor and the movies the hotel put on have a habbit of not working properly, and as we found out they don't always put apprpriate movies on at the right times . like MA rated movies at 7.30pm, just be aware of it. Weve already booked for next easter and taking friends with us , Its a great family resort , if you don't like kids don't go you'd be better off at the Warwick (beautiful water), And if you your single and want to pick up i'd probably go somewhere else cos theres no young singles here.

• Liked — the all inclusive deal
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank QUEEN_OF_CATS
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My fiancee and I stayed at the Naviti in February for Valentine's Day. Since this was my first ever overseas trip - it had a lot to live up to but both my fiancee and I had an amazing time!
Fiji's main island is very overwhelming - very behind the times but once we arrived at the Naviti it was pure paradise. The layout of the resort is amazing. Lots of timber paths and the rooms are beautiful.
The restaurants are amazing! Because we had payed for all our food and drink before ariving we hardly spent a cent and every night was three courses. The Chinese restaurant overlooking the golf course was our favourite! and the singapore noodles were hard to beat - except on our last night when we ordered lobster!
We also did a day trip to Mala Mala island which was beautiful and I'll can recommend this as a break from eating, drinking and sunbaking at the resort.

• Liked — Great rooms with modern appearance!
  • Disliked — TV channels - not much to choose from.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TraceyT5445
UK
Reviewed March 23, 2007

A group of three of us stayed at the same time as the wedding below (hello there hope you had a great day), we found the Naviti to be a good resort. It is a long way from the Airport and the driving can be a shock, you know the odd cow in the road, but worth it when you get there. On the plus side the hotel offers:

Lots of activities both sea and land
Great food all day everyday, Bamboo resturant excellent
All inclusive means just that, prepare to drink lots
Good pool one noisy and one quiet
Nice beach front location
Amazing gardens
Stunning views

On the negative side:

Rooms are slightly worn, with noisy AC
DJ had a total of 3 CDS me thinks! I never want to hear Oh lay, oh lay, oh lay again!!!
Tap beer sometimes flat & glasses not always clean.
The aussie crowd love their hair being braided (say no more) & prepare for lots of "where are you from" if you dont have an aussie accent.

This is not a resort for Single or groups of twenty something travellers, more family oriantated, you are well away from everything
else so you cant walk anywhere except to the local village, but if you go through the Village (ask first) you will come to paradise, and you will be on your own.

If you decide to do the horse riding to the waterfall then this is not suitable for children or any one without a bit of fitness about them, I am 26 and I nearly gave up.

We met the local police man drunk in the bar & the local hooker tried
to pick me up on the last night, but it sort of adds to the experience of the holiday.

Be warned though, when you get there take your watch off & leave it off, go with the flow, the service is slow, but relax and enjoy. By the end of the week you will be going as slow as the locals if not slower.

Try to make yourself do a few more activities then we did as they are in the price, wish we had done the sunset cruise now. One last thing, if you are a pasty european like I was, make sure that you put good quality sun cream on, it is hot there!!

• Liked — Amazing views
  • Disliked — My room had seen better days, but not too bad
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
8 Thank UkJam
Sydney Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2007

We had chosen Naviti Resort for our wedding
- For the All-Inclusive
- I had 14 Adults and 2 Kids the All-Inclusive was great
Much much much cheaper
- Would recommend it to everyone and anyone

First timers at the Naviti Resort our first Impression when we stepped out of the car was WOW, your greeted with a lovely smile and big BULA. Checking in was very easy with a complimentary drink was nice as well.

We arrived on the Sunday 4th Mar 9pm at night the buffet was still open (Closes at 10pm) and we were hungry after a 4 hour flight and a 1and a half drive. The buffet was simply but for that time of night we were just grateful that there was food.
We were shown to our room first which was Room 401(i'll post pictures of the view from the room) I think that was the best room on the resort-Close to Pools,Restaurants,Activities everything you really didn't have to walk far, which is a blessing cause the Resort is pretty big.

Monday morning we meet with the wedding co-ordinator ( I forgot her name - I'm vey bad with names) She is very nice went over eveything we wanted, I brought some photos of the bouquet i wanted and she arranged it just how i wanted it. I had made some drawing of how i wanted my hair and the flowers in my hair to be she even made that happen for me. Make sure you get the Fijian warriors and Fijian Band, ( they sing anything you want) We went to Sigatoka (15 minute drive from the resort) to do our wedding certificate easy took 5 minutes to sign the papers. After that the driver we had, took us around Sigatoka to do some shopping (recommend it ). Get some snacks (Choco's and chips or what ever) from the grocer's store in Sigatoka not from the resort over priced.
Room service was not always available after a big night of drinking and considering that it's all-Inclusive you do drink alot.
Tuesday all the family started to arrived from NZ and Aussie.
We spent all day everyday in the pool or by the pool even on those little rainy days you enjoy the pool it really is a wow factor.

Thursday The Big Day - Any worries NO Any problems NO In the morning my husband to be went out snorkelling, canoeing swimming even had some beers at the bar - I did my little bits or organising with the co-ordinator just to make sure everything was good.I was getting married at 3pm and wanted my photos done before and after the ceremony. They do hair and makeup at the resort would recommend it Make-up $55.00 Fijian dollars, Hair was $50.00 Fijian dollars depending on what u want.
- A little bit of Information on the Photographer - They have a Polish Lady from the warwick Resort come over and take our photos i can not recommend her highly enough she was fantastic and the photos turned out amazing $450.00 Fijian. We got the photos back on Saturday.

We got the 1 bedroom villa for two nights Thursday and Friday night - The bar closes at 1pm evey night and we wanted to keep drinking after the bar closed. I Did ask my family to bring through bottles of Alcohol like midori and white rum to mix after the bar closed and got the juice when we went to sigatoka. I did pre-arrange to keep drinking after the bar closed on thursday night, I also got the family to buy a bottle of Moet Wine each so we were only drinking the best - TIP if you have any alcohol left over make sure you drink it all cause you can't take it through as carry on luggage anymore -I also asked them to empty the mini bar so you can fit all the alcohol - THE VILLAS are quite expensive but worth it, instead of going back to the rooms and being noisy, i did want to be a considerate of other people in the resort cause they were on holiday as well. It worked out really well.

- FOOD WAS YUMMY 3 Restaurants to choose from
- FIJIAN PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY LOVELY
- THE POOL WAS FANTASTIC
- RESORT 5 STARS FROM ME
- RESORT GROUNDS PERFECT
- ROOMS CLEAN AND TIDY
- HOUSE MAID SERVICE WONDERFUL DID A GREAT JOB

With help from Donald Street at
[---]My dream wedding wouldn't have happened without his help,his patience and dedication.

If you have any Questions or would like to see more Photos your more than welcome to e-mail me
Just mention trip advisor and the review and will happily help
E-maill Address te-waiata@hotmail.com

• Liked — The fijian People - swim up bar - wedding co-ordinator - Everything
  • Stayed March 2007
8 Thank Carolina2096
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
The Warwick Fiji
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!