“Already booked for next year!”
Review of Naviti Resort

Naviti Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Korolevu
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Spent a week at The Naviti over easter this year with my husband and 2 daughters (8 &11) And what a great time we had , Loved almost every minute of it. Not going to bore you with all the stuff that's in previous reviews as most people enjoyed it as much as we did , so i'm going to try and give some info thats not in other reviews.
On arrival in Fiji be prepared for a bit of a hair raising drive between the airport and naviti, they drive quite crazly and the roads are not great with heaps of speed bumps which the taxi drivers don't slow down for! took just over 1.5 hours to get there.
The staff are extremely genuinly friendly except 1 or 2. The conceirge boys are great and Bill needs a mention too.
Room
The room was basically what I had expected, we had a queen , a single and a roll away, a bit cramped but your hardly in the room anyway. very clean, beds comfy , pillows on the hard side, tea and coffee repalced everyday. no ice tray in the freezer so next trip we'll take one with us, our room was a long way from the bar so remembering to get a glass of ice before we left on an evening was a must for my night cap of dutyfree baileys.
Bathroom was good so long as you're a close family , the bathroom doors are louvered so sounds travel straight through and our door didnt latch closed either. Thankfully there was a really powerful fan above the toilet or we may have had to leave the room a couple of times. Heaps and heaps of toilettries are provided, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and moisturiser, so if your not too fussed about what you wash your hair with leave your own stuff at home. My kids and husband used them and said it was great.
we packed not a lot of gear to wear but still way too much. days are litteraly togs boardies sarongs and t shirts, nights i got a bit more dressy, the kids wore a summer dress or shorts and my husband just wore casual shorts and polo shirt or bula shirt and his thongs. no need for jeans, dress shirts or dress shoes here , unless you want to, i still wore heels on a night makes me feel like im on holidays then. Like other reviews i had a big bag of washing done across the road for $15, its $18 or $20 in the hotel but they put it all through the dryer, not good for a lot of t shirts.
Food was ok to great, depending where you ate, our favourite was the Bamboo restaurant , which only went to on night 3 and ate there twice after that and once at the Talei ( only one fully airconditioned). The Talei was also good. the night Buffet was ok depending what was on offer as its a different theme each night , the lovo night was good , you could smell the meat cooking outside all day. Breaky and Lunch was ok depending on the day . The pool grill food was sometimes a better choice for lunches. The alcohol was good , very stong drinks , was very disappointed that they put the price of there cocktails up 100% 3 days before we got there, went from $5.50 to $10 on the 1st April , don't know if it was done becasue of the full house over easter, will be interested to find out if they dropped the price back down again. They were still selling them for $5.50 at the Bamboo restaurant , but we only discovered this the night before we left or we would have been over there every evening for a few cocktails.
the start of our holiday it wasn't that busy there but by easter saturday thru Monday it was packed, the resort did find it a little hard to look after so many guests with long wait on drinks, public toilets with no toilet paper left and the food deteriorated a bit . Just ment going back to your room to use the toilet and getting 3 drinks at the bar instead of 1. The pool area is magnificent but I was a little concerned on those busy days how people can stay in the pool swim up bar from 10am until 5pm drinking beer all day and you never see them leave the pool, makes you think!
But the pool was cleaned really well evey morning and lots of chemicals added. Hired a car from conceirge much cheaper than through the tour shop, very easy to drive around. went to Suva , won't be doing that again, not the nicest of experiences especially for my two daughters. I think we were the only aussies in the city centre and we got hassled unbelievably, might be better to go in on a day when P&O cruises are in town , won't stand out as much then. We only spent 1 hour in Suva and were very happy to get back in the car, My youngest said to me," Mum I thought you were going to snap my fingers off you were holding my hand that tight". That tells you how it was.
Kids club was great ( lots of different activities) for my youngest but my eldest wasn't happy there, we made her go in 4 nights so we could have dinner on own . Oh the kids buffet is great for the kids.
Well we had a great time, just be prepared for Fiji Time, don't take your watch, leave your mobile in your room for emergencies and go relax. One tip if you have a portable dvd player take that with you with some connectors or a playstation , just in case the weathers not good , as the tv over there is very poor and the movies the hotel put on have a habbit of not working properly, and as we found out they don't always put apprpriate movies on at the right times . like MA rated movies at 7.30pm, just be aware of it. Weve already booked for next easter and taking friends with us , Its a great family resort , if you don't like kids don't go you'd be better off at the Warwick (beautiful water), And if you your single and want to pick up i'd probably go somewhere else cos theres no young singles here.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank QUEEN_OF_CATS
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed May 2, 2007

My fiancee and I stayed at the Naviti in February for Valentine's Day. Since this was my first ever overseas trip - it had a lot to live up to but both my fiancee and I had an amazing time!
Fiji's main island is very overwhelming - very behind the times but once we arrived at the Naviti it was pure paradise. The layout of the resort is amazing. Lots of timber paths and the rooms are beautiful.
The restaurants are amazing! Because we had payed for all our food and drink before ariving we hardly spent a cent and every night was three courses. The Chinese restaurant overlooking the golf course was our favourite! and the singapore noodles were hard to beat - except on our last night when we ordered lobster!
We also did a day trip to Mala Mala island which was beautiful and I'll can recommend this as a break from eating, drinking and sunbaking at the resort.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TraceyT5445
Reviewed March 23, 2007

A group of three of us stayed at the same time as the wedding below (hello there hope you had a great day), we found the Naviti to be a good resort. It is a long way from the Airport and the driving can be a shock, you know the odd cow in the road, but worth it when you get there. On the plus side the hotel offers:

Lots of activities both sea and land
Great food all day everyday, Bamboo resturant excellent
All inclusive means just that, prepare to drink lots
Good pool one noisy and one quiet
Nice beach front location
Amazing gardens
Stunning views

On the negative side:

Rooms are slightly worn, with noisy AC
DJ had a total of 3 CDS me thinks! I never want to hear Oh lay, oh lay, oh lay again!!!
Tap beer sometimes flat & glasses not always clean.
The aussie crowd love their hair being braided (say no more) & prepare for lots of "where are you from" if you dont have an aussie accent.

This is not a resort for Single or groups of twenty something travellers, more family oriantated, you are well away from everything
else so you cant walk anywhere except to the local village, but if you go through the Village (ask first) you will come to paradise, and you will be on your own.

If you decide to do the horse riding to the waterfall then this is not suitable for children or any one without a bit of fitness about them, I am 26 and I nearly gave up.

We met the local police man drunk in the bar & the local hooker tried
to pick me up on the last night, but it sort of adds to the experience of the holiday.

Be warned though, when you get there take your watch off & leave it off, go with the flow, the service is slow, but relax and enjoy. By the end of the week you will be going as slow as the locals if not slower.

Try to make yourself do a few more activities then we did as they are in the price, wish we had done the sunset cruise now. One last thing, if you are a pasty european like I was, make sure that you put good quality sun cream on, it is hot there!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank UkJam
Reviewed March 16, 2007

We had chosen Naviti Resort for our wedding
- For the All-Inclusive
- I had 14 Adults and 2 Kids the All-Inclusive was great
Much much much cheaper
- Would recommend it to everyone and anyone

First timers at the Naviti Resort our first Impression when we stepped out of the car was WOW, your greeted with a lovely smile and big BULA. Checking in was very easy with a complimentary drink was nice as well.

We arrived on the Sunday 4th Mar 9pm at night the buffet was still open (Closes at 10pm) and we were hungry after a 4 hour flight and a 1and a half drive. The buffet was simply but for that time of night we were just grateful that there was food.
We were shown to our room first which was Room 401(i'll post pictures of the view from the room) I think that was the best room on the resort-Close to Pools,Restaurants,Activities everything you really didn't have to walk far, which is a blessing cause the Resort is pretty big.

Monday morning we meet with the wedding co-ordinator ( I forgot her name - I'm vey bad with names) She is very nice went over eveything we wanted, I brought some photos of the bouquet i wanted and she arranged it just how i wanted it. I had made some drawing of how i wanted my hair and the flowers in my hair to be she even made that happen for me. Make sure you get the Fijian warriors and Fijian Band, ( they sing anything you want) We went to Sigatoka (15 minute drive from the resort) to do our wedding certificate easy took 5 minutes to sign the papers. After that the driver we had, took us around Sigatoka to do some shopping (recommend it ). Get some snacks (Choco's and chips or what ever) from the grocer's store in Sigatoka not from the resort over priced.
Room service was not always available after a big night of drinking and considering that it's all-Inclusive you do drink alot.
Tuesday all the family started to arrived from NZ and Aussie.
We spent all day everyday in the pool or by the pool even on those little rainy days you enjoy the pool it really is a wow factor.

Thursday The Big Day - Any worries NO Any problems NO In the morning my husband to be went out snorkelling, canoeing swimming even had some beers at the bar - I did my little bits or organising with the co-ordinator just to make sure everything was good.I was getting married at 3pm and wanted my photos done before and after the ceremony. They do hair and makeup at the resort would recommend it Make-up $55.00 Fijian dollars, Hair was $50.00 Fijian dollars depending on what u want.
- A little bit of Information on the Photographer - They have a Polish Lady from the warwick Resort come over and take our photos i can not recommend her highly enough she was fantastic and the photos turned out amazing $450.00 Fijian. We got the photos back on Saturday.

We got the 1 bedroom villa for two nights Thursday and Friday night - The bar closes at 1pm evey night and we wanted to keep drinking after the bar closed. I Did ask my family to bring through bottles of Alcohol like midori and white rum to mix after the bar closed and got the juice when we went to sigatoka. I did pre-arrange to keep drinking after the bar closed on thursday night, I also got the family to buy a bottle of Moet Wine each so we were only drinking the best - TIP if you have any alcohol left over make sure you drink it all cause you can't take it through as carry on luggage anymore -I also asked them to empty the mini bar so you can fit all the alcohol - THE VILLAS are quite expensive but worth it, instead of going back to the rooms and being noisy, i did want to be a considerate of other people in the resort cause they were on holiday as well. It worked out really well.

- FOOD WAS YUMMY 3 Restaurants to choose from
- FIJIAN PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY LOVELY
- THE POOL WAS FANTASTIC
- RESORT 5 STARS FROM ME
- RESORT GROUNDS PERFECT
- ROOMS CLEAN AND TIDY
- HOUSE MAID SERVICE WONDERFUL DID A GREAT JOB

With help from Donald Street at
[---]My dream wedding wouldn't have happened without his help,his patience and dedication.

If you have any Questions or would like to see more Photos your more than welcome to e-mail me
Just mention trip advisor and the review and will happily help
E-maill Address te-waiata@hotmail.com

• Stayed: March 2007
8  Thank Carolina2096
Reviewed March 9, 2007

I just got back from FIJI where I celebrated my birthday with 13 of my family members. We had a great time. The fijian people were so friendly and there was no sign of any military trouble after the coup.

The ages of our travellers ranged from 7 - 72 years and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We flew Air pacific Sydney to Nadi and got in at 6.55 pm so we decided to stay the night at Raffles rather than contining on the 1 1/2 hour trip to the resort. I would recommend this to other families travelling. It definately broke up the trip and the kids had a good swim and got a good nights sleep.

We were picked up by our airport transfer at 10am and enjoyed the 1 1/2 hour bus ride to the Naviti. We stopped in sigatoka for 1/2 hour for some shopping along the way.

Arrived at Naviti at 12noon and were greeted with a welcome tropical juice drink. We then checked in to our rooms, the porter showed us around the resort on our way to our rooms and explained the all inclusive package which we were on, this is a must for anyone staying at the resort. All food and drinks, including alcohol included.

We got to our rooms and were happy to see we were located side by side in the refurbished ocean view rooms. Something that we had requested although knowing FIJI TIME, thought this may not eventuate, but thankfully our request was granted. Our rooms were modern, recently refurbished, ground floor with a queen and a single bed, remote airconditioning and a really big bathroom with both bath and shower and complimentary toiletries. The room was clean and tidy and serviced daily. We also had large glass sliding doors which opened into the courtyard. One thing to note is that the mosquitoes and sand flies are rife in fiji, so heaps of aerogard and mortein are a must...
Each evening the beds were turned down and fresh flowers and the next days activities sheet was left for us.

The all inclusive package, which I was quite skeptical about, turned out to be fantastic, on arrival you receive a wristband, this entitles you to buffet breakfast in the nukunuku restaurant (the only place breakfast is served) Lunch in the nukunuku restaurant either buffet or order off the grill menu (again the only place lunch is served) and then dinner in the Wasawasa buffet, Talei restaurant set menu, or all inclusive menu in the bamboo terrace. The only dinner option that isn't included is in the Bamboo terrace if you decide to eat off their normal menu. If you do decide this, you get a 25% discount off the price. i.e a full lobster, huge, was $50FJD, - 25% so $37.50FJD.... good price anyway. I was originally concerned that there would be really poor food on teh all inclusive, however it was the same for standard diners as well. Breakfast adn lunch were great, dinner in the Bamboo terrace was great. The Talei was great the night, but the second time we ate there wasnt so good. This could have just been what we ordered. The Wasawasa buffet was average, completely edible, but pretty average, it is themed, so while we were there they had seafood night, mexican, italian, bbq night and roast night. Seafood wasnt quite what we imagined, no fresh seafood all curreid or stewed. We got a spot of fiji belly the next day. But not sure if this was because of the buffet or what...In saying all that, my sister in law is a chef and she was very impressed overall at the quality of the food.
You need to book for the Talei or Bamboo terrace restaurant.

Kids can eat breakfast and lunch with you, and then if they eat in the Wasawasa buffet they are free also. There is a kids buffet between 5.30 and 6.30 in the nukunuku, but it was just sausages, nuggets and chips and our kids werent really fussed on it. Alternatively if you want them to eat with you in either the Talei or Bamboo terrace there is a $10FJD surcharge per child. But I think this is well worth it. Our 7 year old ate combination seafood off the Bamboo terrace set menu and just loved it.... Kids also can get ice cream on a cone for free from 10am to 7pm from the bar at the nukunuku.

Drinks - Softdrink, juice and bottled water all day, and beer wine champagne and local spirits. While we were there they ran out of local vodka so started serving absolut vodka! Which we also liked. Best drink was probably vodka and lemon squash.... Also you can order cocktails, if you are on the all inclusive they are $5.50 instead of the standard $10.00.

The resort had a 60% occupancy while we were there, it was still pretty busy but not packed. Some of the waiters we spoke to said it gets really packed where you have to queue for tables... I dont think that we would have enjoyed it like that.

Activites are abundant - they have a kids club which is aimed at 3 - 5 year olds, our kids didnt go much on it but the younger ones seemed to have a blast adn teh fijian peopel love children. You can also get a babysitter for $3.50 per hour, but the kids were safe wandering the resort alone, there is lots of security to make sure they are safe.

The activities hut is where you book all your activities, there is free, windsurfing, kayaking, hobie cats, snorkelling and free intro to scuba diving. This is also where you get your free pool towels. You can also organise other tours from here. They also do beach and pool volleyball, archery, touch footy and other stuff..

We also had included a free shopping tour to sigatoke, left resort at 9.30 am and returened at 1pm. It is on a local bus, so no airconditioning, which was something we missed, but was an adventure all the same. I bought a heap of wooden items all of which I got through quarantine, only one item was confiscated that my mum bought, they were place mats that she bought at the duty free shop just before getting on the plane, quarantine said they were banana leaf, I dont think they were, but who can argue.

We were booked on the 9am flight from Nadi to sydney, so decided to leave the resort at 2pm the afternoon before and stay the night at Raffles. This was definately a smart move, as otherwise we would of had to leave the resort at 4.30am. So we checked out of all our rooms apart from one at the designated 11am time, and then extended one of our rooms until 1pm, this cost us $15 per hour. But meant that everyone could shower and get ready prior to travelling abck on the bus. We also all still had our wristbands so were able to eat lunch for free as well.

Overall a great holiday, everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly. We will be going back again.

Stayed: March 2007
16  Thank Nardia04
Reviewed February 1, 2007

We had a great time staying there for 2 weeks with another family- 4 adults and 4 kids. The resort is in good shape and there does seem to be a refit slowly going on in the old accommodation section. I can only put down the "dirty rooms" that other travelelers have commented on to the rooms that have not been refitted. We were in an old room for one night and asked to move next to our friends downstairs. There was a big difference in the rooms as this one hade been made over albeit some time back. However our room was made every day and we got fresh towels most days. Our room was cleaned well every day

Mixed opinion about the food. I thought it was good but my wife does not agree. There were some dishes I just avoided and we did have some Fiji belly in our group but think it was the tap water as it was the only thing in common we all drank. As bottled water is available free don't drink the tap water

The staff are very friendly. A fijian can appear condescending when they are not sure what to do. This is their way of coping. Nothing is done in a hurry and the nicer you are to them the nicer they are to you. I watched a guest railing on the staff about the fact he could not find out what movies were on when. He achieved nothing and probably did not enjoy his stay. Relax, go with the flow and you'll have a great holiday.

The sailing and snorkelling out the front are not really worth doing- area to small and nothing to see. Instead walk through the village on the right of the activities center along the coast and around the point. There are 3 buoys in a row and you are allowed to snorkel to the right of these. (To the left is a protected area where no snorkelleng is allowed.) Here the snorkelling is great- coral and heaps of fish.

Do the waterfall tour, don't bother with the Hot Springs. This is a family resort and singles would be better at the Warwick up the road. Most of all relax and you will enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank swamprat96
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Stayed for ten days with my husband and 6yr old. We had such a great time we did not want to leave! The kids club was great and my daughter couldnt wait to go there every day. The All-Inclusive is the way to go..it would be expensive to eat and drink there if not on the package. Best place to get kids hair braided is across the road from main entrance...they do a fantastic job. Food was lovely and the a-la-carte menu even better ( all included if you have the all-inclusive package). They were not tight with the drinks either..free pouring spirits and table service at dinner. Sheets were changed every day and towels were in room every day. Each night our bed was turned down, blinds pulled and a flower and the next days activity list upon the bed !
It is a great family holiday destination. The fijians are so laid back ..and as they say ..your on holidays whats the hurry !!
I think you get what you put out there...you be courteous and friendly to the staff and you will receive it in return. We are already planning a return trip.Dont hesitate to book a holiday here...you wont regret it

Stayed: January 2007
18  Thank sharpette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
The Warwick Fiji
#3 of 10 in Sigatoka
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!