“A wonderful holiday for a restful getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Naviti Resort

Naviti Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Korolevu
Auckland, New Zealand
“A wonderful holiday for a restful getaway”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We were there for 8 nights (family with 2 boys aged 12 and 14 yrs) - All Inclusive deal. Arrived about 10 am after a delightful coastal trip from Nadi (esp the bit from Sigatoka to the Naviti). Even tho we were too early to check in, they invited us to go along to the buffet for breakfast. Our rooms were ready by about 1pm. We were in the older wing, in 2 neighbouring rooms overlooking the pool, lagoon, and the ocean. The bathrooms were huge, each with a shower and a bath. Beds/pillows very comfortable.
Many choices for each meal, but we tended to go for the buffet at breakfast and dinner, and the a la carte lunch.
Service was friendly and prompt, and staff were super helpful.
The pool is great, and the boys really enjoyed the swim up bar. There were activities daily for all age groups; esp fun were the water volleyball, and the egg tossing competitions. The snorkelling was great; we are not experienced and so had a guide who was very patient! Lovely walk out to the island at low tide.
Watching the sun set from the bar became a nightly ritual. Live entertainment every night.
If you get bored easily, don't go to the Naviti. But if you want a relaxing, pleasant break from the rat race..... we highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
central coast nsw australia
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Just got back from staying at The Naviti Resort.
1.We had a ground floor room in the old section near the pool. The only complaint there was the air-conditioning was not cold at all which i was very unhappy about.

2. Pool nice and clean and huge. We really enjoyed the daily Water Volleyball competition. There was only a couple of occasions that we had to wait a fair amount of time to get a drink from the pool bar otherwise we got all our drinks rather quickly.

3. BUFFET. Well what can I say? Breakfast was good, Lunch and Dinner mediocre to terrible. Our last night we ate at the Chinese Bamboo Restaurant ..was absolutely fabulous! So So yummy!!! Highly recommended. wish we ate there every night.

4. Was not impressed with their hygiene cleaning the glasses you drank out of. Probably happens everywhere but you cant see them do it ....but at the naviti they do it in full view..just running glasses under cold water no detergent!!Yuk!!!!

5. I was very disappointed with weather, as we researched before we booked and thought it was the best time of year for sunshine. How wrong were we as we only had 2 days sun out of 8 nights stay. One day got so cold and rainy people had coats and
cardigans on.

6. The problem with this hotel is the location. It is 1.5 hours out of Nadi. If you have lousy weather there is NOTHING to do..too cold to swim and there is no shops or anything around.

7. You have to pay for the use of push bikes $5 per 1/2 hr, Kayaks, Gym etc

8. If you turn right out of the naviti at the back (water side) walk along beach past boundary and there are 3 huts, A Blue Hut a Pink Hut and Green hut. You can get your hair braided, pedicures done, massages etc... I am spoilt by bali prices and I thought they were a bit over the top in their pricing, especially the jewellery for sale. Its the only country I have been to that the goods are cheaper in the Airport shops than out in the street. Prices are as follows:-
Massages 1/2 hr $25....1 hr $40
Hair braiding depends on length and thickness of hair approx $40-$50
Manicure $30
Pedicure $30
Nailart approx $2.50-$3 per nail so an extra $30 on top of your pedicure if you want more than your nails painted.
Laundry $15 a bag
open 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Saturday closed sundays.

9. The staff that rang the kids club and all the activities were fantastic and friendly. However the other staff around and about in the restaurants, bars etc (Not all but a large majority of them) were not that friendly which was a shame.

10. Grounds well kept.

Would I stay there again? No I wouldnt as I dont like the location, beach and snorkelling hopeless, and if bad weather nothing else to do. I would rather stay on one of the islands, or closer to Denarau so quick to get on a boat tour to another island for the day.

also we decided to fly V Australia from Sydney, because of the time they fly out and back. Other airlines fly into Nadi late afternoon which means that you dont get to your hotel till night time and on the way back you have to leave about 4.30am.

With V Australia we arrived at hotel 4pm and didnt have to leave until 12 midday.
V Australia is an excellent airline to fly with (my first time with them)

All in all I would recommend this hotel as with the all inclusive all you can eat and drink it was great value for money, but it was not for me due to location, as I love the beach and sun and especially snorkelling.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed five all inclusive days at the Navite Resort after the Queens Birthday long weekend. We arrived early as we had stayed two nights in Nadi and got an early Suva Express bus from the bus terminal in Nadi. The bus dropped us off outside the resort at around 9.30am. When we checked in they offered us breakfast and said they would do their best to get a room ready. After breakfast and having a look around we went back to reception and were given a room at 12 noon. We booked an Ocean View room but were given a garden view room, when I rang Reception they apologised and asked us to go back to Reception, the porter took care of the bags. We were given an ocean view room soon after in the old part of the resort, my wife wasn't happy with this as the bathroom was a bit old and had a plastic shower curtain - she hates those things because they attract mold and look cheap. Anyway I rang the reception again and asked to be moved to the new wing, they agreed and after we had lunch we moved to an ocean front room that was newer especially the bathroom, the view was also better as it was on the top level. It was further from the restaurants but that was OK, we got a bit more exercise walking back to our room.
The all inclusive deal was great value, we ate at all the restaurants plus the bistro, if you stick to fish you can't go wrong. The drinks included local beer, my preference was the Fiji Gold; a house white wine and red wine, my preference was the red, I thought the white was too sweet and local spirits - my preference was the gin and tonic.
The resort is very popular with families and there's lot's of young kids, most of the girls get there hair braided. The DJ was very good with the kids and there was lot's of activities for them including a kids club. The activities on offer included kayaking, wind surfing, golf, tennis, volleyball, boce, chess and more. We also took the shuttle bus to the sister resort - the Warwick Resort and Spa and were able to use the snorkelling equipment. That resort looks a bit more classy, the beach is better though it's more expensive - worth considering though.
The hotel staff are very friendly, I soon lost count of how many Bula Bula greetings I got.
My wife and I enjoyed our stay and will most likely return in years to come.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband I have just spent our third visit to the Naviti. We just can't help going back. We are both in very stressful jobs and we find that staying at the Naviti means we can do as much or as little as we like. We both come away feeling fantastic. We love the all inclusive because it means that we don't have to continually put our hands in our pockets. This year we were upgraded to a lovely Villa/Burre - fantastic!!! Many of the staff recognised us when we arrived and we were welcomed with "Welcome Home". The Naviti is a great place for families and the over 30's to 70 year olds. We are glad that it does not attract the people who want loud and fast life. We are already starting to plan our stay for next year. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Very enjoyable experience - Travelled with a group of friends (recommended)
Staff friendly from start to finish
All inclusive is definitely the way to go - dont have to take out your wallet for food or drinks (except for evening cocktails)
We got upgraded to a beautiful villa on the beach
Waited a while for drinks at each meal
Food varied at every meal
Great for young kids with kids club and adults only restaurants
Enough activities to keep you busy
Will recommend to my friends for good value for money

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2010

With 3 children aged from 6 -11yrs, the all inclusive package is the way to go. The kids club received the big thumbs up from all 3. The guys running it were fantastic, with a never ending list of things to do. Just a note for the under 5yrs, the mature Fijian ladies that I saw minding the kids, were excellent, very patient and loving. Many of the families that we spoke to were returning quests to the resort, which is a good indicator.
The adjoining rooms we were staying in were about a 3 star standard, clean, roomy and functional. There is a new wing of rooms with more modern amenities. The grounds, pool, gardens and golf course are 5 star with a small army of gardeners that greet you with a 'bula' and introduce them self with a hand shake. All staff were fantastic.
The food buffet was great, with an excellent variety for all tastes and with the two other restaurants, offered a varied menu.
If traveling during school holidays, I would imagine the place would be packed with families and as such, service would be quite a bit slower.
Oh, and I wish someone had mentioned earlier that the inclusive dark rum is 58% overproof !!.`

1 Thank justcruzin09
queensland
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Just returned from best holiday ever. With 4 teenagers 14-21 years of age all inclusive is great - not into your wallet every day. Stayed for 7 nights, only left the resort to visit Sigitoka 1/2 day and went to Suva 1 day. Plenty for them to do everyday - full on activities in the day time and entertainment every night. Staff are eager to please all the time, rooms cleaned daily. Our accommodation in the older building, airconditioner noisy but didn't bother us. Great place to be if you enjoy being active.
Not many people there in May - great time to go - perfect climate & temperature

2 Thank humpycrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
The Warwick Fiji
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!