“Fantastic! Had a great time at Naviti, will visit again...Vinaka!”
Review of Naviti Resort

Naviti Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Korolevu
wollongong
“Fantastic! Had a great time at Naviti, will visit again...Vinaka!”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband & I returned on 17 Jan 2010 after 1 week at Naviti. Despite reading mixed reports on Trip Advisor I was determined to go with an open mind and I wasn't disappointed at all. We arrived at the resort at approx 4pm after a 1.5 hr bus ride from Nadi, our check in was quick and we were delivered to our studio villa in a golf buggy. We booked a standard room via our travel agent but I upgraded to a studio villa direct with the resort (via email) a few weeks before our arrival. I would recommed paying for the upgrade (AUD$43 per night/ FJ$75 per night for Warwick members). The villa was beautiful, roomy and was right on the water - well worth it with turn down service every night & wine & fruit on arrival. If you stay in a villa I would recommend not getting too friendly with the security guards that patrol along the water front . We befriended them in the first 2 days and then couldn't get rid of them. This was ok as all they wanted to do was chat about Australia and tell us about their villages, but it got a bit frustrating when we wanted to relax on our balcony with some privacy. We had the all inclusive package which was great value. I would recommend trying the Chinese restaruant and the a-la-carte restaurant as this is included and the food better quality than the buffet. The buffet is fine but does get a bit boring after a while. The buffet seafood night was great. Service was good but the resort wasn't full while we were there. We spent a lot of time at the pool bar and rarely had to wait for drinks, the staff were very friendly. The wine was average but it didn't take long to aquire a taste for it. Cocktails in the bar at happy hour were great value, 2 for 1 at FJ$15 which equates to approx AUD $9. We did the waterfall hike which was a long walk but worth it once we reached the waterfall. Shopping trip into Sigatoka was ok if you are looking for souvenirs etc. We met a local villager who invited us to his village to meet his family and see how they live. This was very safe (he worked as a security guard at Naviti) but it was a real eye opener to see how they really live...very poor. There is also a village right next door to Naviti and they do great massages (FJ$25 for 30 minutes), they also paint nails & braid hair really well. They are very friendly and I'm sure they make a lot of money out of the Naviti guests. We went snorkelling in front of the resort which was beautiful but also snorkelled with a gorgeous young guy called Ben from the village next door. He took us to the Marine Park in front of his vallage and the coral and fish were amazing (FJ$20pp). Our stay at Naviti was absolutely lovely and I can only think that the people that have posted negative reports must be very hard to please. I work in the hotel industry and stay in a lot of hotels and I really enjoyed the Naviti. Everything does run on Fiji time (our snorkelling guide was 40 minutes late one morning..."Fji time") but that's all part of the Island experience. I didn't go expecting or wanting a 5 star city hotel, I wanted a nice resort with quality accommodation and relaxing stress free week, and that's exactly what we got. I will definitely go back to Naviti again. It's a great family resort and offers a lot for children. We travelled as a couple as our children are grown up and it didn't bother us having lots of children in the resort. Staying in a villa meant we had peace & quiet when we wanted it away from the other guests. Therefore, suitable for family's and couples. We also visited the Warwick Resort which is 7 km's away. It was lovely but didn't seem as laid back & serene as Naviti. We were also told that there are a lot of sea snakes at Warwick so I wouldn't have snorkelled if we'd stayed there as I have a fear of snakes. We didn't hear one report of a sea snake sighting at Naviti...just lots of coral, bright blue star fish and we found Nemo!
My only regret is that we didn't stay an extra few days, just when I'd started to wind down it was time to leave. We both loved it and will go back again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynWollongong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
queensland
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Great time had Easter 2009 and all booked and excited for Easter again this year. Went for a wedding last year and had a blast we talk about it nearly every day we go with the kids twice a year to a different place and after our December holiday we sat down as a family and we just had to go back. I not sure what it was about the Naviti thats stands out but it was all the little things that we loved. We started our day with a late breakfast after a swim or a quick 9 holes.We have been to Hamilton Island but this was even better loved the omlets made in front of our eyes even my wife who is normally big on breafast really enjoyed it. We were in the older rooms which are closest to the bars and restraunts and we have asked for the same again,had a look at the newer rooms they might be a bit nicer but we really like being near the action and if you want to pop back to your room its not a 5 minute walk. Then it was off to the pool great swim up bar kids get ther own drinks they loved it. then maybe a paddle or snorkel out the front or down to the village next door . We take our own gear and some days go to the the Warick nice in the lagoon there. Some of the gear was a bit old but the kids had a laugh when mumand me nearly sunk having a paddle. Before you know it lunch time kids went off the menue most days I think they had American hot dogs most day we had the buffef mum loved the fresh fruit paw paw was her favorite I loved the fish, mussels pork, chicken where does it stop. My wife went on the shopping didnt rate it wont bother this time. About 4pm every day it was time for a drink I usally had a couple quiets ones with lunch or around the pool but we didnt want to go too hard because the nights were the highlight the shows the music ,the comany and friends we made kids loved it. After a few drinks it was time for dinner always good you must have it good at home if you cant find a good meal here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Knebworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2010

From reading all the other reviews on Trip Advisor I was expecting the Naviti to be a great hotel with fantastic service. How wrong I was! The first thing that we didn't realise when booking our trip to the Naviti was how far it was from the airport, it took us an hour and half. Unfortunately most of the day trips to the islands also depart near Nadi which means adding on an additional 3 hours travelling time. We arrived at the hotel late at night to find out they had completely messed up our room types but would not do anything until the morning. We moved into the correct room the next day around lunch time and was looking forward to the start of a relaxing holiday. Personally, waiting 40 mins for a sandwich and 20 mins for a drink is not my idea of relaxing. 4 out of the 9 of us that stayed in the Naviti aso experienced stomach upsets! After this we tried to go to the Warwick hotel as often as possible and take advantage of the discount. The Warwick was a different level, the staff attentive and friendly not like at the Naviti where it was as though they were doing you a favour. We also had to ask the Naviti to reprint the room bill as they hadn't honoured the discount at the Naviti and had charged us full price. Whilst we were at the Naviti, we wanted to go horse riding to the water fall ,however, the tour guide was drunk and got kicked out of the hotel... I didn't much feel like going with him after that.
We spent New Years Eve at the Naviti, the buffet dinner was actually pretty good on this night with lots of seafood and the fireworks fantastic. We also saved a lot of money doing the all inclusive option especially on drinks... when we got served! A couple of the group stayed in the Sudio Villa's which were lovely and seperate to the main hotel however, if I was to go back to Fiji and stay on the mainland, I wouldn't be going back to the Naviti.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Having read the reviews, I was expecting a special place in Fiji. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT. Naviti is a tired, boring, noisy place which if it wasn't for the availability of the sun (just about the only free thing here) would have absolutely nothing to recommend it. Fijians seem to have spread this myth that by saying 'Bula' to everyone at every conceivable opportunity they are being friendly. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT. As soon as something wants doing you get miserable faces and nothing gets done. Service? Don't make me laugh. If you want a drink, make sure that you order it half an hour, no - make that an hour - before you are thirsty.
Naviti operates an appartheid system. Full board -ok. Not full board - you are treated like an untouchable.
If you like Butlins with sun, you will give the Naviti a chance. Karaoke nights, knobbly knees competitions, in-your-face kids' club, noise, cold food, ... love them and this is for you. For more savvy travellers, avoid it like the plague. Oh, and Fiji? Don't be fooled by the adverts. It is a third world country where the average house would look downmarket in a Sao Paulo favella and kids cannot afford shoes. Dirty? You bet. AVOID.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2009

My husband and I went to the Naviti for 6 nights as our wedding anniversary/honeymoon. We booked a studio villa which was really worth it. There weren't too many kids, but Saturday was really full of people and children. Since we had a villa, we never sat by the pool. As for the beach, well there really isn't much of one. I am used to travelling in the Caribbean where the beaches are beautiful and big. I usually like to sit in a chair on the beach in the sand and read a book. Instead, we sat on our porch. We were lucky to have an ocean view.

The "all-inclusive"... Now when you go to Cuba, or Mexico, or Jamaica, all-inclusive is for real. But in Fiji, well only certain drinks, some horrible housewine, and certain items on the menu at the restaurants are included, which makes alot of things end up being extra charge. The food was very bland and lacked spices.

The Fiji people are very nice. We had Kava in the village next door which was worth the experience. We also spent a day at the captain Crusoe island, which was also a good value for the money. We went on the hotsprings walk, which was OK, but nothing to rave about.
We still enjoyed our holiday but I am not sure if we will go back to the Naviti or Fiji.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Wollongong
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We just returned from the Naviti (yesterday) after a wonderful holiday. The all-inclusive is well worth it. We weren't too careful about not spending anything else (how often are you on holiday??) but our bill at the end was only $200 FJ and that included a trip to the day spa for me, ordering off the non-inclusive menu and cocktails at happy hour every night (2 for $15 between 5:30 and 6:30pm).
The restaurants are all good. The Talei and Bamboo Terrace are both better than the buffet, but they have different themes every night at the Buffet so we may just have not picked the best one to go to (although the mexican buffet was good!).
We also did the waterfall hike, which is well worth doing. We also went horseriding along the beach through the next door village ($F25 for 45 mins). They also offer horse riding for the waterfall trek.
The resort was very quiet when we went which meant 'Fiji Time' wasn't really an issue. Everything was very quick. We were there on a Saturday though and the resort filled up with a lot of Fijians there for the weekend. It didn't seem nearly as relaxing after having a week of very few people, with the pool full from 9am until close, and the buffet breakfast and lunch very busy!
Breakfast was good - full buffet every morning. Lunches were probably the worst meal of the day from the buffet, but it was still edible and some days were better than others. You can also order of an al a carte menu but you have to go and find it yourself and get the staff's attention to order from it. No-one tells you about it before hand.
We also went on the shopping trip into SIgatoka. We avoided the markets and were still hassled in the street when we got close to the market, with people asking us where we were from and trying to take us there. Jack's of FIji is the main shop, but beware, they tell you that everything is treated and able to be taken back to Australia, but I had a photo album and a few other souveniers taken off me at immigration in sydney because they couldn't even be treated here.
The only other negative was the snorkelling trip at the resort. If you enjoy being dragged behind a boat by a rope that is thick and really hard to hold on to, while the driver swings the boat around in circles so fast you can't see anything properly, and the propellers stir the water up, then its for you. Otherwise, just walk out to the coral at low tide and swim around yourselves.. much nicer! the snorkelling is really good though!
Overall, we had a really nice time, everything was great and the resort was a lot better than we had expected for the price we paid for the trip! I would definately recommend it and definately go back again! The weather at this time of year is also very hot and humid, but the resort was a lot quieter, with very few kids around, so it was worth it for a romantic holiday!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Oh my god this was the perfect holiday for myself and my fionse. We stayed at the Naviti for 8 nights in Oct 09 and were absolutely blown away by this place. The all inclusive package is definately worthwhile and although it doesn't include cocktails they are only $12 FJD which is roughly $6 AUD & they are awesome! My fionse & I were very partial to the dark rum! Other reviews were right when saying even tho it is all inclusive with alcohol we didnt see one drunk person on our whole stay! In the end we couldn't even keep up with all the eating and drinking and the choices of restaurants were great, the Talei & Bamboo Terrace restaurants were absolutely delicious! We did the shopping trip but stayed out of the actaul markets as we just couldn't be bothered getting hassled, some ppl on our trip did and they were hassled. You can buy all wooden treated souveniers from bavari handicrafts on the way back to the hotel. Meenos is a store that had some pretty jewellery but apart from that there was not much there. It certainly is a culture shock though and worthwhile just for that. We also went to the Warwick to have dinner but ended up coming "home" (to the Naviti) by taxi ($10FJD) not long after we got there as it just wasn't as nice as the Naviti for us & we didn't feel comfortable there. Also it's expensive dining & drinking there even tho they offer the $20 credit for dinner. The Naviti actually honour the all inclusive package for ppl staying at the Warwick but they don't do the same for Naviti guests. I thought that was a bit wrong. We stayed in the new Nadi wing overlooking the pool were the views were magnificent. Also the blue hut just to the side of the resort is good for massages, we didn't go to the resorts spa but got a 1/2 hr massage at the hut for $25FJD and $40 for 1 hour! They also have a waterfall tour not far from the resort that was $50 FJD for 2ppl that was awesome, u get to swim in the waterfall when u get there & swing off the rope by the side, it was fantastic! Anyway if you are looking for a tropical getaway defiantley go to the Naviti were you will be well looked after! There was never a boring moment on this holiday for us and I definately didnt want to leave and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TropicalGirlAdelaide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
The Warwick Fiji
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa

Been to Naviti Resort? Share your experiences!