We stayed 10 nights just recently as a first family holiday since our second child arrived. Not much really went right, but very little went terribly wrong as well. Some issues that arose included:
- BED BUGS! One of us is covered in bites. We requested a room change and a new room was made available that day. Initially it was going to be available after 7pm (we reported the bed bugs before breakfast), but a further complaint saw a room made available early to mid-afternoon.
- we arrived late (between 8 and 9pm), to find our room not fully made up (no towels) and with an extra single bed when we had emailed and asked for a cot for our six month old.
- at least three times our room was not made up. No biggy in the big scheme, but when we have had been out all day it would have been nice to have returned to a serviced room. Often the room was made up late in the day too, which was annoying at times if the kids were sleeping.
- kids club is very poor IMHO. Staff to children ratios are poor and activities are not well structured and/or inappropriate.
- food is fresh and plentiful, but monotonous. One guidebook I read during the holiday suggested that breakfast was the best meal of the day, and I have to agree.
- all-inclusive is not all-inclusive. Just beware that you will be putting your hand in your pocket for some things that you might otherwise have thought you would (e.g coffee, tennis).
- some activities are poorly run as well, in particular the guided snorkeling, which involved holding on to a rope and being dragged along by a relatively fast moving boat. Hmmm.
- staff are friendly, but not necessarily helpful. (e.g. pool bar was shut during the day due to poor weather so I went to the main bar for a few drinks. When I told them I was drinking them at the pool they said they could not serve me because no glass was allowed at the pool).
- maybe it was bad luck, but a fair slice of the clientele seemed to be the drink at the pool bar all day type while letting the kids run free.
- service is slow for most things. I am on holiday so I can be on Fiji time, but I don't want to spend that time waiting for a drink.
- staff are friendly. Our kids got a lot of love and we were treated well.
- lovely grounds and gardens.
- babysitters are good.
All in all I think a rating of 2/5 is fair. The places loses a point immediately for bed bugs, so it gets 2/4 for everything else. Thing is, if the bed bugs didn't exist the place would still get 2/5 - it doesn't deserve 1/5 but I definitely can't mark it 3/5 or higher under any circumstances.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Naviti Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naviti Hotel Korolevu
- Fiji Naviti Resort
- Naviti Hotel Sigatoka
- Naviti Resort Sigatoka
- Naviti Resort Fiji/Korolevu