The Beachouse
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach housejungle trekhibiscus roomoutdoor bathroommeal plancommunal kitchenprivate gardenbed dormhorse ridingshark snorkelingsurfing lessonsbreakfast and dinnerhot watercoral coastfree kayaksroticeiling fan
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I read some pretty decent reviews about this place but found myself to be truly disappointed when they sent us an e-mail (after having confirmed our stay at the hostel) telling us that some tv show was prolonging their stay They cancelled our reservation 5 days before I was arriving in Fiji. I haven't been, but surely they aren't organized.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank vhoule
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at the Beachouse for 3 days at the end of january. This hotel is simply amazing! A lot of activities to do during the day and great spot for surfing. Dorms are clean enough and beds are comfortable. Plus free wifi! Food is pretty good compared to what I've seen at other hotels in Fiji and beer not too expensive! If you're looking for some fun nights Beachouse is definitely the place! Great atmosphere and felt like it was really easy to meet new people. Only negative point would be that most of the fijian staff doesn't really feel the need to socialize with travellers but the canadian girl Jade at the bar make up for it! And boys, lets just say she's a must see at beachouse ;)

Definitely gonna come back there someday! Bula!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during Easter long weekend... We were checking in at 2.30pm and it started off with our room (which I had booked over the phone the morning before) being unavailable as they had double booked... Was told we could upgrade for an extra FJ$40 per night... I couldn't understand why I was not called to be advised our room was no longer available (I have a local fijian mobile number which I had given them at time of booking), I was advised they just realised that morning of their error... We were checking in at 2.30pm so I still couldn't see the problem!?!? Eventually we were upgraded free of charge... Our Hibiscus room was big but very basic (double bed, single bed, couple of bedside tables, ceiling fan, two pedestal fans, bathroom with shower, toilet, sink & mirror)... Room was dirty - sandy/dirty floors, book on bedside table left behind by previous guest, bathroom mirror was filthy, and urine drops on the toilet seat... Housing keeping came to drop off fresh towels a little while later and entered the room without knocking first (room was locked). We were having a nap at the time, but this could have lead to an awkward and embarrassing situation if I was changing into my bathers or something.... The food was very nice and inexpensive... Bar prices were also inexpensive for 'tourist' prices... Massage is advertised on their website for $20 per hour, however when wanting to book it was $35 per hour... Lots to do at Beachouse: table tennis, pool, volleyball, swimming pool, beach with water sports - so it'll be hard to get bored... Lots of young people staying there, but also a few couple and young families so Beachouse caters for all... Staff were ok, not overly warm & friendly but very helpful if you approached them.... For those that haven't stayed there before: you will need to place your dinner order by 5pm otherwise you will not be fed... We were not told this on our first night, so at 5.30pm we enquired about where to order dinner from and we were told we were too late... Again after discussions we were allowed to place an order... Overall Beachouse is ok for the price you pay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

A friend and I stayed have just stayed here for four nights, we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. We had booked the four night special, which was for the 6-bed dorms. When we arrived we were told we were going to be upgraded, unfortunately the room they gave us had a double bed in. We mentioned this and it was no problem at all. Instead of being put back into the dorm, we were given the hibiscus room instead. It was a lovely room and we really appreciated the upgrade!

All the staff members are very welcoming and willing to help. The activities available are varied, with a lot of things that are free. I tried the coconut leaf weaving class and loved it- I'm carrying the hat I made all the way home! We also did the village trip, which was a good experience. If you don't want to do anything, then there are hammocks strung along the beach!

All the meals we had were really nice. They are slightly more expensive than we were paying in Suva, but still fairly good value. The afternoon tea is a bonus, and we made sure we were always around for it!

Whilst staying at the beachouse we visited the Sigatoka sand dunes, which are worth a visit if you're looking for something different to do.

Overall, we had a lovely stay and had no complaints. The Beachouse would definitely be top of my list of places to return to in Fiji.

Room Tip: Both the garden rooms and the hibiscus rooms are lovely. I didn't see the dorms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

After traveling for almost 4 month we were looking forward to relax a little at the beach, do some surfing, maybe some diving in Fiji. As we did not want to hop around islands every few days we decided to got to the Beachouse which by their reviews looked really nice.

And we were so wrong...

We reserved online a few weeks before our arrival and wrote an email the day before. When we got there around lunch time we had to wait for almost 5 hours!!! Till our room was ready although we told them that we will be there at the time. And during the hours of waiting we did not get informed about anything, we had to ask around to find out how everything works.
Also the reception looked like it was cleaned at the end of the last season and is falling apart since then. For me it looked like when the non Fiji owners are gone during off season Fiji time is catching up at this place at a really high pace.

It is quite far away from everything else, which means you do have to rely on their menu card, which is noting special at all, repeats itself after a few days and so an absolute horror after the great food options of SE Asia.
Also there is NO cooking option for backpackers although by their website their "resort" is for backpackers.

The activities they mention on the website are there but are not even close as good as it sounds. For example we booked a surfing course on the website, when we got there the surf teacher was sitting in his corner, all bored, not interested in talking to us and when we said we booked the course, he just responded with: "Well cya in the next days then."
The result was that we cancelled the course as we did not want to go into the waves with an unmotivated guy.

The bungalows are quite nice expect for the mattress which is probably by far the worst I have ever seen. They were so hard that after 2 nights I could not lay down anymore. When I fall asleep, then maybe for an hour and then waking up in pain.

One thing which did not help at all during our stay was a family holiday of a group of 30 or so which were there at the same time, which meant that the staff only took care of them and almost neglected the other guests (backpackers) at all. During our 4 day stay (intended were 10) till we got all flights changed, we have not meet a backpacker which was there for more than about 3 nights. Most moved on as soon as they found something else.

Overall the worst days on our trip and I was never so happy before to leave a country. Especially when you think about that Fiji is one of the dream destinations for everyone, but after our experience at the beachouse we were happy to leave and pretty sure we will never come back to Fiji.

Room Tip: Rooms are all fine, but beds are horrible everywhere so it does not matter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple