I stayed here on 5-day a stopover on my way from New Zealand to the U.S. A travel agent tried to sell me a package to Mango Bay down the road, but I'm glad I chose the Beachouse. I wasn't looking for a party resort and liked that the Beachouse was quiet aside from the nightlife. I actually found it annoying that people from Mango Bay were welcome to hang out here - Beachouse guests were generally not the rowdy type until provoked. The bar gets loud at night.
I stayed in a private garden room, which I felt was overpriced for such basic furnishings. The showers were finicky and often cold, as others have mentioned, but who needs hot water when it's 90 degrees? The food was really good, and although the service was slow, it was always friendly. The 3:00 scones are worth leaving your hammock for! I survived drinking the rain water, so don't pay for bottled. The wifi is not always reliable.
The staff seemed to make it a point to learn your name. Definitely take advantage of the activities and get to know some of the locals. Mali is a genius with the weaving projects. The day trip to Suva is only worth it if you need souvenirs or want to see/shop at the market.
I would go back to the Beachouse without hesitation. I met some great people and had a really lovely time on my stopover. Afternoon rain storms are a great opportunity to socialize and offer some amazing scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachouse is one of Fiji's finest budget resorts. It is located on Fiji's famous Coral Coast. Nestled in to 10 acres of pristine gardens with a private beach ... the Beachouse offers you a great Fiji atmosphere without blowing your budget!!The Beachouse caters to international backpacker/travellers as well as having 12 ensuite rooms for those that enjoy the relaxed atmosphere but also want some additional comfort and amenities. All prices include accommodation, light breakfast, afternoon tea, free wifi and use of sea kayaks. The resort has a cafe, bar & swimming pool plus much more.If you don't want to have fun .. don't come!! Hope to see you in Fiji!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your The Beachouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beachouse Hotel Korolevu
- The Beachouse Fiji/Korolevu