All reviews the pub sunday lunch beef plenty of parking all enjoyed our meals lovely meal good size definitely recommend this place booked a table an evening meal short stay tea and coffee birthday party nice room full english car park quiet village
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing trio of salmon for starter, boys had pate. Fresh warm bread a lovely touch! Two then had beef, one turkey I had spinach and ricotta parcels.... delicious - came with a choice of six vegetables including cauliflower cheese roast and new potatoes!!! OMG so much glorious food asked for extra gravy, beef nothing too much trouble. Fabulous service

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

Booked in for Sunday lunch whilst visiting family locally. From sitting down to our main course arriving was an excessive 45 minutes with little in the way of updates or apology.

We had ordered four Roast dinners. When they arrived the meats were cold, poor portions & the beef hadn’t been adequately rested so was leaking red liquid. In fairness, when we fed this back to the waitress, she did apologise & said she would reduce the bill.

We ordered sweets & these took a further 30 minutes to arrive. Two had chosen ice cream as accessories & on both of these the ice cream had half melted by the time they arrived, suggesting that they had stood for a while in the kitchen.

Overall, pretty poor experience.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2018

My husband and I made a last minute to go out for a meal last night and we chose the Wishing Well, so glad we did, such a lovely Olde World pub,our meal was lovely, well cooked and presented, service was excellent and their prices really very good, lovely evening, we have now booked a table for Christmas, thank you to all the staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I stayed at this pub for 3 nights. Although the food was good and the staff were friendly the WiFi did not work as described in their web site. I would not have made a booking if I had known the WiFi did not work as this was essential for my visit. After asking for help several times the staff also could not log me on to the WiFi. None of the staff wanted to take responsibility and the best answer I got was "we are working on it". It would not take a lot of effort to phone BT and ask them to fix it. Even when my laptop was right next to the router, the WiFi signal was still to weak to log on to the WiFi network.
They should have offered me a reduction in price because they are making false claims when they write that they provide WiFi.

Room tip: The rooms are all OK if you don't need internet which doesn't work.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I travel for work and stay at this place for one night. The room had a lot of space, good quality bed, good internet, tea and coffee available at the room . Breakfast was basic but of a good quality. Good value.

Date of stay: September 2018