“Truly Fabulous Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Piggs Peak
USA
“Truly Fabulous Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was driving thru Swaziland and I truly mean "driving thru" as being my plan. But it got too late and I had to find a place to stay. I saw road signs advertising Orion Piggs Peak Hotel & Casino and followed them until I entered a grand looking palace compared to the rest of this horrendously poor country. Prices were very fare, and the room and complex was fabulous. Has a nice gym, restaurant, casino and common areas and grounds. But what really impressed me is that the land behind the hotel is a wildlife sanctuary. When I woke the next morning there was a pack of Zebra's 20 meters from my rear balcony. Really nice find and if I am every in the area, I will most definitely stay at this hotel complex. I have been all over Swaziland and there is nothing else this nice anywhere in the country.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony with a view of the wildlife sanctuary behind the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Larry8241

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Orion Piggs Peak Hotel is a clean and comfortable place to stay. My room provided a beautiful view of the lush Swazi hills. I enjoyed it a lot. I even took some lovely photographs to preserve the wonderful memories. My clean room had all the needed facilities in it. The staffs were friendly and were ready to go out of their way to help the guests have a comfortable stay. I highly admired their dedication to work. The food was excellent. Altogether I loved staying at this place. I will definitely love to stay here again, especially for those lovely views.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank lenka_hong
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

This hotel was great! I had a lovely view from my room. The hotel staff seemed friendly enough. They had a little shop with some pretty decent stuff (uniquely Swazi) in their lobby. I found the dinner to be good too (it's the only food place around the hotel, so it was the ONLY dining option), but it ended being fine and I was satisfied. The room was basic and clean, but again, I had a nice view of the green Swazi hills. Swaziland is full of rolling hills and it's green and really a cute little kingdom, and I think this is a fine place to stay. I didn't find this hotel to be dirty or rotten or gross (like people had suggested in earlier posts). It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it's clean and nice and I really felt quite adequate.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nolababe
south africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

My Fiance and i took our friends to Orion Piggs Peak Hotel and Casino for new years, my fiance did all the arrangements, and when we arrived at the hotel, they did not have a booking for us, we all started to panic, and had no where to stay, but the Hotel Manager, told us we can go sit at the bar by the swimming pool, while he tries to sort something out for us.

Eventually, he called us, he had arranged the managerial suite for us to stay in. All staff at Piggs peak were so friendly, and went the extra mile to help us out.

i would most definatly go back there, as there is always someone willing to help with any problem. the suite we stayed in was so neat and tidy, we had evrything we needed and more. we had a lovely stay, with friendly service.

it was a great experience, next time we will just stay for a longer period, and we wont leave arrangements up to my fiance again, LOL. :)

Thank you Piggs Peak, See you all soon again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank samg21
Victoria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

My partner and I and my mother were travelling through Swaziland and decided to stay here. We were quoted one price, charged it and paid on the spot by card and then as we walked away to go up to our room, the receptionist ran after us to stop and tell us she had charged the wrong price. I can't remember details of prices etc.. but they basically charged the two of us (my partner and I) way more than they charged my mum for her room and we were in 2 identical rooms next to each other. The lamp shade in our room had a large burnt hole in it and it was generally a little worn down. This is the most money we spent for accommodation during the entire trip as our trip all down the coast of South Africa was spent in Bed and Breakfast establishments that were far more reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank KTScarlett

Travelers are raving about these Piggs Peak hotels

Palm Coast, FLorida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

Apparently the hotel has been remodeled since the awful reviews. I was just there and it was quite nice. The elevators were not working, but the staff delivered the bags, so no problem. The dinner and breakfast buffet's were quite nice and the pool is beautiful. I didn't see anything that the poor reviewer was talking about. I was there with Smartours.

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank nancishouse
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

This hotel is a Dump. There was stuffing coming out of room furniture, the mattresses were nasty and shabby, the water from the taps was so dirty and disgusting we used bottled water for 'bathing'.
The staff seemed oblivious to any of these problems being worrysome and it took a 'stand' by our tour group in the lobby to even get the bottled water made available without extra charge.
We chose not to eat from the restaurant, as a Chemist in our group pointed out, the brackish water was all ANYONE had to wash with, including kitchen staff. Thank goodness for 'trip snacks' most had packed for it was a long night at this hotel. They may have a Rolls Royce parked out front, but don't let it fool you. The hotel rooms are filthy and brokendown, elevators don't work (causing a handicapped member of our tour group to barely leave her room whilst there) and the staff seems to have only received training in giving you the, 'I am sorry there is nothing I can do' answer for any problem.
In doing some research it seems the Atlas Bus Company which many tour operators, including ours (Smartours) use, has some deal with this property which explains why we were forced to spend a night in the Swaziland version of the Bates Hotel, instead of travelling on and spending the night at the wonderful accomodations we found the next night at Kruger National Park.
If you are signing up for a South African Adventure, strongly protest any stay at this shameful facility.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy water from taps, torn bug infested furniture, elevators not working, it is a nightmare.
  • Stayed December 2007
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ottosmom123
#2 of 14 in Mbabane
The Place
The Place
#5 of 14 in Mbabane

Been to Piggs Peak Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!