“Experience in WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel”

WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Boqueron
New York City, New York
“Experience in WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

First I must say that the Hotel has potential, the staff needs training, and must understand some basic sanitary rules. When I arrived to the Hotel, rooms weren't ready. I waited approximately 2 to 3 hours. The room that I had reserved was not ready not cleaned. I was given an alternate room. When I arrived upstairs, there was a foul smell in the room, coming from the bathroom as if someone had taken a dump, and didn't use air freshiner. In addition, the towels were humid, and refolded to give you the impression they were clean, they also stunk. I left and complained to the manager of what I discovered, the bottom line was I was forced to go out to some restaurant to give them time to clean up the room. Ultimately because of my lack of confidence in these towels I went out and purchased my own towel. To be honest, both management, and staff seems to be oblivious of the health hazards. The Hotel was noisy because of consistent group parties being thrown in adjacent rooms. The streets sounded like the Ghetto in South Bronx with music blasting at all hours of the day. Really, It was rough relaxing this went on for four and a half days I stayed there. I wholeheartedly, would not recommend this Hotel to my enemies. ** BUYER BEWARE: THEY ADVERTISE THAT THEY ACCEPT AMEX. and they do not at the check in. I would have been more comfortable renting a short term apartment.

Room Tip: Simply do not chose this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good service, they were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very clean, nice sheets, the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms could be upgraded since its the only part of the room that looks old, but still were clean and had all you need, towels, soap, lotion, etc. For the price I would say that it is worth it. Plus, the location of the hotel is very nice since its walking distance from the good spots in that area. Would definetely stay here again.

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed there for a family reunion and it was great. Superb views of the bay, great rooms a little expensive maybe but for the rest it was ok. The parking though needs improvement. Too litlle space for the demand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There is a world of difference between a good value and a cheap. If you want to know what that is, book a room at the Boqueron Beach Hotel. Although it wasn't that cheap at $108USD a night.

A family member warned us after we booked of the hotel running out of water back in 2008. Well by 2013 it was fixed except that water wasn't hot for guests like my friend who enjoys her nice steamy shower at night.

But that was only the beginning. I used Booking.com which offers an early check-in feature; a complete mystery to the rude agent at front desk, who was only friendly after my friend spoke Spanish.

The facility itself looked like a nice hotel that was just neglected for too long, from the layer of dust that covered everything, to the cracking paint on what was probably once was a nice pool-side bar, to the cob webs by the window in the bathroom. I'd understand if it was a cabin out in the woods but this place advertised wifi which only worked in the unappealing lobby, when the front desk rebooted it, cable which only worked on our last day and a pretty red brick floor tile which left a film of dirt on the bottom of our feet that darkened the shower base like we'd been walking barefoot through a coal mine. Ok... a slight exaggeration but we did have to wear sandals IN our room until they came up to clean the floor.

Needless to say this was our first and last time here. Travellers, Caveat emptor!

Room Tip: If you find yourself here, make sure you have/rent a car (parking is free). Only use it as a place t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Boqueron hotels

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The service of the hotel was very good, the rooms were very clean. Only thing that needs an upgrade is the bathroom since they look old and a lil dirty, but nothing serious. Overall and for the price you pay for its a good hotel.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived around 2pm on a
Friday, I did the check in and noticed that the rooms (3) I was given were not the balcony rooms I chose. They were inside rooms no exterior view or windows. Once inside, they were stuffy, dirty and stinky. I went to the front desk to complain and the employee in a very rude and uncaring way told me the rooms with balcony were an extra charge. This was not explained to me when reservations were made. Although the hotel was empty, they weren't accommodating. They just expected us to pay $35 more per night per room for something I originally asked for when I reserved. I decided to limit my stay to one night and go elsewhere for the rest of my stay. I definitely would not recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013
Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Bad first impression as soon as arrived, needed maintenance in facade and lobby. Worm out furniture and acoustic ceilings with spiderwebs. Rooms dark and musty, not as advertised. When we found had no windows to the exterior or balcony as we had reserved, clerk offered no alternatives though hotel but almost empty. We stayed only one night and left next day to another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
Aquarius Vacation Club
Velero Beach Hotel
Velero Beach Hotel
#4 of 5 in Boqueron
Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!