“Getting better”

WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boqueron
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I consider its had issues in the past. I got better service at the front desk, rooms were clean and price for location was very good. Being in the caribbean you have to enjoy the night life and its culture. I recommend this hotel due to its location near the beach and night life within walking distance. If you want peace and quiet then find a cabana in the mountains somewhere. Overall i will be back soon

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel with my family, Rented 3 rooms.

There's huge cracks under the door so any bug or small animal can fit through.
We woke up one morning and my cousins suitecase was ANT infested, ( had to throw out all of her clothes). We lifted her mattress and there was a TRIBE of ants marching around under the mattress.

We complained and the front desk told us they couldn't do anything, that the hot weather attracts the bugs. STUPIDITY.

Dashed out of there and never looked back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jocelyn M
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I arrived at 11:30 after checking out of my prior hotel and asked if I can have an early check-in or if I can at least leave my luggage in storage until 3pm and was told no, after asking to speak to a manager I was told that for an extra $30.00 I could be checked in to my room early. I also asked about how much it would cost to extend my stay for Monday and Tuesday night and was told teh rate would be $87.20 each night which I agreed to; on Monday evening I was informed that I was due to check out on Tuesday morning and when I explained what I was told that the rate was $168.00 a night because it was HIGH SEASON. i found this very interesting because there were just 4 guests in the entire hotel and when we got back after having dinner all the hotel's lobby lights had been turned off.

On Tuesday morning I spoke to the manager who spoke to the accountant and after I pleaded my case I received a refund of $81.75 because the staff person that checked me in had made a mistake.

The hotel's location is great for a weekend stay, but through out the week the entire town is a ghost town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank iloveny2
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friend and I were in town for Boqueron gay pride and of course finding a hotel was very difficult. We found this hotel at 168$ per night and even though it was very expensive, there were really not many other options.

They have a nice sized pool, restaurant, and offer continental breakfast and complimentary wi-fi. Unfortunately the wi-fi did not work in our room but surely it works for others. We had the breakfast in the morning and it was alright, very sparse...definitely did not fill me up. The cook did actually make an effort to cook my friend over easy eggs at his request and not the regular scramble, that was nice of him.

The front desk was nice and fairly helpful. One of the women offered up some suggestions for dinner one evening but all the places she mentioned ended up being closed so we just ended up back at the hotel. The restaurant is alright, the nacho's were 'eh, not enough cheese or toppings to cover all the nachos. When my burger came out it tasted alright but nothing crazy and my friend ordered the chicken fajita and it just came out with chicken, cheese, and guacamole...no peppers, onions, or other condiments.

The room was of good size and also had a small balcony which was nice if we needed to go out on. The beds were comfortable as well as the pillows. Everything appeared to be in working order except for one of the lights in the bathroom. Overall, a typical motel set-up and style. On other days I could not see them reasoning rates higher than 89$ per night.

Room Tip: A place to rest your head, no frills.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CTitzer
Reviewed June 9, 2012

There was a lot of commotion when we arrived at the Boquerón Beach Hotel; the reason, a graduation party. We proceeded with the check in, and we were told that there will a little bit of noise because the party, but it will end by midnight. Then they ask as for the full amount of our planned three night stay, to which we responded, we haven’t even seen the room and you want to charge up-front? They showed us our room. This room was so dark, and the neighboring window was just few feet in front of ours, thus no privacy. We declined the room. Then we were directed to another room, a little bit better than the one before, at list it had more windows. Then we had to wear a bracelet as if we were in an all-inclusive resort, what a fiasco! We arrived at night and the music was going on, but it was Ok, then ….Oh my …at 3:45 am and incredible loud music, as if it was in the middle of our room, so loud, I couldn’t hear my own thoughts. Went down for an explanation, and this music came from a Bar situated just below our room, I requested to turn it down, the night manager went into the Bar, and came back telling me that it has been done- nothing was done, music still at high volume- At that point I said, just call the police, we are going to solve this right now. He went back again and this time music was turn down, I look inside of the bar and there were only six patrons, I ask the night guard and he tells me this happens every weekend. Next morning they wanted to move us to another room, but there was no way in hell I would stay one more hour. The breakfast…have you ever seen the used oil at your car’s oil change? Exactly, that was the coffee, thick and… At least there was no war to get our money reimbursed.
Don’t even think about it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis L
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We just stayed one night here. We went on a vacation to the other side of the island. The shower worked well, I agree with the other traveler. The room was quiet and clean. The continental breakfast, would have been great if there was some coffee and juice left. The restaurant downstairs was showing the fight that was on Cinco De Mayo, so it was a quick trip upstairs for my husband to come to bed. Short walk to the beach and the downtown area. I HIGHLY recommend the flavored chichaito shots that are at the local bars! YUMM! I would stay here again. It's just far enough away from downtown, yet close enough to walk to. You know the saying, you get what you pay for....good for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My group stayed here for a couple of nights for a business trip. The room was quiet and clean, but nothing fancy. Just beds, a lamp, a dresser and a small TV. No wash cloths or face towels are provided - only large towels. Was a little alarmed that there was no deadbolt or chain on the door. I asked the lady at the front desk about this, and she stated that none of the rooms had security chains.

I didn't really mind the fact that I had to borrow a hair dryer and iron from the front desk. I also didn't really mind wearing that "mandatory" paper security bracelet. My problem was that I had NO HOT WATER either night. The woman at the front desk told me to let the water run for 10 minutes at a low volume, and then increase it to full volume. Didn't work! Besides, why should a paying customer even have to tinker with the plumbing in the hopes of getting hot water. It should just work. For $30 more dollars a night I could have been at a resort 20 minutes away.

I thought about checking out after the first night, but I was with a group and this hotel was very convenient to the site that we were visiting. Also, as someone mentioned, they charge your credit card in full at check-in. I had a strong feeling that I would be given the runaround if I asked for a refund.

My stay here was not bad, but not really good... it was just okay. Tolerable. Wouldn't stay here again unless nothing better was available. Live and learn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
Combate Beach Resort
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Boqueron
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Parguera Plaza Hotel

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!