All reviews la foret mount fuji restaurant dinner gold member rural location twin room views of the mountains nice hotel onsen room wild boar shuttle bus western style public bath private onsen kindnesses lounge tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

New, clean, and spacious hotel... and that's it!

Facilities - small
Small kids center, small fitness center, and small indoor Oosen.
Requires swim suit for out door Oosen!

Food - limited selection but yummy
Breakfast is good, but utensils were not properly placed (were left on table, instead of in bowl)
No fresh coffee

Room - Great sound insulation

Not recommended and will come again

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Coastal804351, Manager at Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is ATSUSHI NAKAJIMA and I am the izu at the Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji.
It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

Your feedback is our asset for us and I appreciate your honest comment on our service.
We will work hard to make our service improve and make sure make your next stay more satisfy and meaningful.

Thank you very much for your stay and we are looking forward your stay with us again.

Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji
ATSUSHI NAKAJIMA

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my sincere and wholehearted thankfulness and appreciation for the service and care I received at your hotel.

All of the staffs have been providing an excellent service to me very sincerely. When I got off the car, 2 ladies were sincerely assisting me to take the luggage. When I entered my room, I saw my favourite chocolates waiting for me which was really surprising!!
And the welcoming cards written by your staffs really made my Day!!

I would like to especially express to thankfulness to ATSUSHI NAKAJIMA who has also provided a perfect and very welcoming service to me. His work is honestly beyond his responsibilities like talking to me a lot and offering me so many nice things in hotel!

I would also like to say thank you to Hiroki Maetein.
She has been very patient to keep contacting with me before my arrival as well as trying her best to assist me to arrange a room with a very nice view.
She has tried her very best to serve me and just let me feel like home!

Again, their excellent hospitality is highly appreciated and it is really my pleasure to appreciate their excellent service and friendless.

ATSUSHI NAKAJIMA And Hiroki Maetein are the most friendly staffs that I have met in my stay this time. I sincerely wish them every success in their career and I do absolutely come back and recommend my friends to come back again because of them and the excellent service provided by your hotel!

Best regards
Mr.Ho
Gold member

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank hoheih
Reviewed December 25, 2018

The IZU MARRIOTT has NO email contact on their website nor on the parent website of Marriott Hotels. (if there is an email address then it is very well hidden), Despite trawling the internet I cannot find a contact email address. Our concern is the negative comments about using the hotel shuttle with some people saying they waited three hours to get the shuttle when arriving at the train station. To the management of IZU MARRIOTT please put your email address on your website and Facebook page.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Coastal804351, Manager at Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your previous stay at Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji.

We are very grateful for the review you have posted over our facilities and experience you recently had while staying with us.
Our priority is to make all valued guest stay as comfortable as they’d wish it to be.

We hope on your next visit, you will experience the improvements made.

Mail address on siteI will post it.

Again, thank you very much for being our guest.

Kind regards,

Atsushi Nakajima
Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenj

Reviewed December 4, 2018

This was an excellent experience, and also quite unexpected as I was only aware of the existence of the hotel quite recently - its set deep within one of my favourite parts of Izu (time permitting I also recommend a drive along the nearby Nishi Izu Skyline which is virtually unused and has incredible views). We chose an onsen room with a view of Mount Fuji - everything of a very high standard and - very new and clean etc - immaculate in many ways. The main point I want to focus on in this review are is the service and staff. Unlike many international hotel experiences I've had in Japan where often the staff seem to follow a fairly strict rule based set of codes (see my previous stay review for Kawaji Kai) the Shujenzi Marriott staff certainly seem genuinely very international in their approach and truly know how to treat guests - when to refrain from interacting and when to assist, and certainly never reciting lists of rules (which I have frequently experienced at other international hotels in Japan as well as ryokans). Everything was superb and we left with very good feelings and memories - due to the quality of the hotel but especially to the staff who really do know what they're doing. Excellent! a couple of final comments - as some others mentioned the TV was a bit of a challange - it even took my Japanese wife some time to figure how ti get foreign channels in English (such as BBC or CNN).

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2018

When you are traveling in the US, Marriott brand means mass-marketed, tasteless, large hotel where you need to stay just for a convention and business, and can't expect personalized experience.

However, here at the top of beautiful Izu mountains, I was welcomed by a different kind of Marriott.

First of all, staff's hospitality was pretty great. From front desk people, to restaurant staff, to housekeeping department, everyone is trying to deliver the best for their guests. Thinking about this hotel is less than 2-year old, their team effort is quite amazing. I'm especially thankful to Mr. Nakajima at the front desk who went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible from check-in till check-out..

They gave us a room at the top floor with an outdoor private hot spring bath with gorgeous Mt. Fuji views. Maybe because they opened this Marriott after renovating an old school Japanese resort hotel, the room is not so spacious by today's standard, but it was functional and comfy enough.

Hotel dining offers a variety of menus till late night and was enjoyable. It was a delightful surprise that we could have a dining experience similar to those at Tokyo's global brand hotels in the middle of Izu mountains. Their restaurant is spacious and light-filled so it felt relaxing even during the busy breakfast time over a peak autumn weekend.

Unlimited access to adjacent La Foret Resort sport and hot spring facility is a great bonus and intra-resort shuttle bus which is operated till late evening is convenient and fun to ride. Walking in the nature viewing surrounding mountains was simply great.

Things they can improve:
+I know it's tricky operation/cost-wise, but hotel's spa and pool area need to have fresh towels.
+Tables in Platinum Member Lounge need to be cleaned more frequently.

Overall, our 3-night stay was way beyond my expectation.
I can say it was almost like a casual version of Ritz-Carlton experience.

For those who are not a big fan of Japanese ryokan system which comes with a mandated dinner, Marriott Shuzenji is a great option for a weekend hot spring getaway from Tokyo. And of course, Marriott Reward (SPG) works!

Room tip: Get Marriott Rewards Platinum status.
Date of stay: November 2018